Steam
Single Player/Multiplayer
Both
Operating System
Windows 10
Terraria Version
Controls Used
Keyboard/Mouse
(This post might be similar? Although I haven't crashed on saving yet. )

Info: This is on windows 11, not 10. Windows 11 isn't an option
Recently, the game has been crashing. So far, it's only crashed 3 times, once when I deposited all into a chest (it only moved some mushrooms), another one when I was setting up error logs, tabbed out ( this was singleplayer ), and yesterday, I think I was fighting some mobs and it crashed (but this was in multiplayer). The first crash somehow sent the world file (.wld) to the recycle bin, the 2 backup files were there. I opened the .wld file and it worked fine (can we mention how Terraria sometimes doesn't want to open the 2 options of backup files?). The second crash did save the world fine though. Right now I've set up error logs, and I can attach them if the game crashes again. The game crashed again, this time I was still tabbed out. I took a peek at the log, and I found it was trying to load some Razer Chroma DLLs. I have Synapse installed, and a Razer Viper wired mouse. (image of the lighting setting tab attached)
I guess I can try to find a way to turn off the RGB controls?
Edit: I looked at the log file more, and the actual crash (unhandled exception) was "Exception: System.IO.IOException: The system cannot find message text for message number 0x%1 in the message file for %2." Again, the log is attached. I'm going to try reinstalling the game, I'll update you if that works.
Edit 2: After reinstalling it ran fine, but after I magic mirrored back to spawn and opened a door, it crashed. The log is titled REINSTALL_Log for clarification. I also put all RGB controls to false in the config file.
Edit 3: The day after I made the post here, I was fighting queen bee, and it crashed. Log attached.
All of the logs have the same crash, the one in Edit 1. I found a website (Redirecting) that does have the same error code, but it seems to be a generic error code. I followed the instructions on that website and put Volume Shadow Copy to automatic. I'll edit again if it crashes.
Edit 4: Guess what happened! Was going into the dungeon. Log attached. This is after I started the service, reinstalled the game, etc.
I checked my antivirus (Norton 360) and it doesn't say that it stopped anything from saving at the time of the crash.
Edit 5: Log attached
Edit 6: Just after the other crash, it crashed on save

-- Attachments below --
Synapse Settings:
synapse image.png

The log file generated by the crash(es) are attached as well.

Attachments

• Log_20220623211016015.log
    4.6 KB · Views: 42
  • REINSTALL_Log_20220623215300117.log
    5.6 KB · Views: 28
  • Log_20220624123715572.log
    6 KB · Views: 35
  • Log_20220624125736319.log
    4.1 KB · Views: 31
  • Log_20220627113205544.log
    3.3 KB · Views: 29
  • Log_20220627122650503.log
    3.3 KB · Views: 31
Last edited:
if this forum allows it, i suggest editing the title to update what your issue is about so the devs can group it with the other one

I just saw this, and I do have an RGB keyboard and seeing these exact same crashes. I've also found that this only happens on 32-bit instances of Terraria, since tModLoader 1.4 and the unofficial tModLoader 1.3 64-bit version does not crash, but Vanilla and tModLoader 1.3  do crash. I'll try disabling RGB in the config and seeing if that fixes anything.

Edit: Just tried this, and I still get the exact same crashes on saving.
1658718639311.png

I tried looking up the exception codes I found in Event Viewer, and I found a possible solution is to run the .NET Framework Repair Tool.
I don't know if this actually fixes the issue, but after using it and starting the game, I had no issues after saving once after making some progress.
For reference, here are the Event Viewer logs I found:
Faulting application name: Terraria.exe, version: 1.4.3.6, time stamp: 0x622fb422
Faulting module name: KERNELBASE.dll, version: 10.0.22621.436, time stamp: 0xa13feec7
Exception code: 0xe0434352
Fault offset: 0x00147132
Faulting process id: 0x0x940
Faulting application start time: 0x0x1D89FD33F9FCB8E
Faulting application path: C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Terraria\Terraria.exe
Faulting module path: C:\WINDOWS\System32\KERNELBASE.dll
Report Id: 5bb8877a-da42-47c3-908e-3103e44db73b
Faulting package full name:
Faulting package-relative application ID:
Application: Terraria.exe
Framework Version: v4.0.30319
Description: The process was terminated due to an unhandled exception.
Exception Info: System.IO.IOException
at System.IO.__Error.WinIOError(Int32, System.String)
at System.IO.File.InternalCopy(System.String, System.String, Boolean, Boolean)
at System.IO.File.Copy(System.String, System.String, Boolean)
at Terraria.Utilities.FileUtilities.Copy(System.String, System.String, Boolean, Boolean)
at Terraria.Player.InternalSavePlayerFile(Terraria.IO.PlayerFileData)
at Terraria.Player+<>c__DisplayClass1706_0.<SavePlayer>b__0()
at Terraria.Utilities.FileUtilities.ProtectedInvoke(System.Action)
at Terraria.Player.SavePlayer(Terraria.IO.PlayerFileData, Boolean)
at Terraria.WorldGen.SaveAndQuitCallBack(System.Object)
at System.Threading.QueueUserWorkItemCallback.WaitCallback_Context(System.Object)
at System.Threading.ExecutionContext.RunInternal(System.Threading.ExecutionContext, System.Threading.ContextCallback, System.Object, Boolean)
at System.Threading.ExecutionContext.Run(System.Threading.ExecutionContext, System.Threading.ContextCallback, System.Object, Boolean)
at System.Threading.QueueUserWorkItemCallback.System.Threading.IThreadPoolWorkItem.ExecuteWorkItem()
at System.Threading.ThreadPoolWorkQueue.Dispatch()
at System.Threading._ThreadPoolWaitCallback.PerformWaitCallback()

I've also found that this is not an issue on multiplayer servers, for the most part.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom