PC Game deleted my progress

Kimyona

Terrarian
I still have my worlds but I cannot play on my main account and all of my stats have been reset, can someone help?

Another question:
Did you have it on the cloud?
If you didn't go to Documents\My Games\Terraria\Players and you should see 2 files with your characters name, one PLR and one PLR.BAK. Delete the PLR file and rename the PLR.BAK to PLR and you may see your character again.

Another question:
Did you have it on the cloud?
If you didn't go to Documents\My Games\Terraria\Players and you should see 2 files with your characters name, one PLR and one PLR.BAK. Delete the PLR file and rename the PLR.BAK to PLR and you may see your character again.
I have two save files for two characters but the alt is the only one with the plr.bak.

You could try uninstalling and reinstalling, I heard of an issue where the game saves your stuff in the recycle bin for some reason.

You could try uninstalling and reinstalling, I heard of an issue where the game saves your stuff in the recycle bin for some reason.

Thank you for this! I just found my world and characters in the recycle bin and never would have thought to look there. Any idea why it does this and how I can prevent it? This isn't the first time it's happened to me in the last month.

Thank you for this! I just found my world and characters in the recycle bin and never would have thought to look there. Any idea why it does this and how I can prevent it? This isn't the first time it's happened to me in the last month.

No, sorry.

Did you restart the game yet? Are you sure that you put them in the right folder?

I restarted the computer itself multiple times and I put the files where the other ones were. I even did the thing you suggested about removing the "BAK" for the file where there were duplicates. Am I missing something? I really like this game, but I can't keep starting over. My main world and main character were both missing. I don't remember any of this happening when I first played it years ago.

I think that your character got corrupted. You should be able to get all of your stuff back using an inventory editor or a free items server. Is there any reason why this might've happened?

I think that your character got corrupted. You should be able to get all of your stuff back using an inventory editor or a free items server. Is there any reason why this might've happened?
I don't have a clue. I even saved them to the cloud this time. Thank you for your help.

Back
Top Bottom