PC Game keeps randomly minimizing

A few days ago I started up a new world and explored, got bored, and closed the game. Today I felt like playing again, so I started it up and it immediately minimized. I thought nothing of it at first, but now every 5 or 10 minutes my game just minimizes. I've tried turning off the discord overlay, closing everything that was in the background and restarting steam as well, but nothing has helped, and it only affects Terraria. Any help would be appreciated.

I've started having this problem as well. It started a few days ago after I re-downloaded and re-installed (yes, from steam, for PC). Typically, I uninstall a game if I decide to put it down for a while in order to preserve space on my harddrive.

Now, whenever I play the game, it frequently, and unpredictably auto-minimizes to the taskbar in completely random intervals. Sometimes it does this immediately after launching and the game loads up in its normal fullscreen, and sometimes it waits until I'm in the middle of gameplay. The shortest time between occurance seems to have been around 5-10 minutes, and the longest time between was around 60 minutes.

This is quite strange, as I have NEVER had the issue before.

and to quite Grumpy Squid "Do your symtoms survive a restart of your computer?", for me, yes, they still persist.

Help?

[Edit]
I will try to see if borderless windowed mode will make any difference, but I'm not getting my hopes up just yet :/

Definitely test the different settings, Windowed or fullscreen etc.

Let me know the results as soon as you can.

Hey, so I've tested on Borderless Windowed mode, and for some reason, it seems like my issue has gone away.

My conclusion is simply, I think "true" fullscreen mode is bugging out for some reason (havent figured that bit out yet), could be a windows thing, could be a terraria thing, not sure, more researched needed :p

TL: DR; use borderless windowed mode, this helped me, might help you.

Back
Top Bottom