Tool Game Launcher 3.2.1.5

Status
Not open for further replies.
NOTE: This Tool requires Steam and doesn't work with the GOG.com version

So I take it that that means your shutting the door on thousands of GOG users then? It appears the mod really doesn't require steam to function, as CheatFreak47 said only for the old versions. Terraria is DRM free now there is no reason to keep requiring mods to check for a legit copy.

So I take it that that means your shutting the door on thousands of GOG users then? It appears the mod really doesn't require steam to function, as CheatFreak47 said only for the old versions. Terraria is DRM free now there is no reason to keep requiring mods to check for a legit copy.
no, it means that the current Game Launcher only works for the Steam version of the Game

Edit: also the original Game Launcher made by Player2k was designed to easily switch between Mods and still run it trough Steam to use the Steam features i.e. Steamchat and count the Playtime/hours

hi, i just downloaded this 3.2.1.4 GameLauncher in order to try some tapi r10 mods

the problem is the same as above: "Cannot find executable for current realease hash, [etc...]"
just like Waterdémon and Kuratheris, i can't install GameLauncher

i dont know what the heck GoG is, the only thing i know is i have an official Terraria bought on Steam and i unistalled/reinstalled/verified game cache of this 1.2.4.1 Terraria several times to see if it fixes the gamelauncher installation problem... but it doesnt
i havent noticed a recent terraria patch in the news, so it's strange that the current release hash is not right

if someone manages to install GL on a newly installed Terraria through Steam, please tell us if you did something special or not... i'll just try on other computers when i can, but maybe there is really a problem ^^'

I'v gotten it to install by installing GameLauncher first then tAPI, but now every time it starts up it crashes saying tAPI has stopped working.

well if this message appears it means that the Terraria.exe is somehow modified, verify game cache and/or let steam redownload the Game and try again, if it doesn't work go into the Terraria directory, rightclick on Terraria.exe and select properties and make a Screenshot like this:
props.png

i just managed to install it... i did nothing, except maybe just waiting and some pc reboots, i just tried without reinstalling terraria and it worked x)
for once a problem is resolved without doing anything i wont complain... so i cant tell what the problem was and how it has been fixed, sry :/

Not sure if this feature has been requested, or how difficult it might be to add. But I've often thought it might be nice to add custom save paths to each app so that the user doesn't have to keep moving their Players and Worlds around.

anybody know how to make a mod pack with two mods eg NTerraria and gameiki together

That's not possible. Those two mods are source mods; they modify the source code of terraria directly. What this means, is that if one of those mods modifies one file, the other mod can't modify that file, otherwise things become very messed up.

If you want to be able to play with two different mods, you're going to have to use tapi mods, as only tapi modifies the source code. The mods do not, they just add to the game using the hooks tapi has implemented.

It might be possible to use two mods together if they only modify one or two class files and the other does not, but NTerraria and Gameiki are fairly big mods (especially NTerraria) so I doubt that's the case.

possible yes, not really sure how to check for legit versions tho, only way would be to check the hash value of the executable but i would need a gog.com version (and no, i dont want to buy the game a second time just for this)

Edit:
thinking of it: because there is no DRM for the gog.com version you would no longer need a crack for a pirated version and thus a hash value check would not work so this is not an option
So that means we will never have a GOG version?
My friend has the gog version and he wants to play Exxo Avalon but that has DRM and as you said any terraria executable launched in it will remove DRM.
Sorry for bad english

there will be a new game launcher for both versions (steam and gog) but i simply dont know when this will happen

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom