Tool Game Launcher 3.2.1.5

Status
Not open for further replies.
That's not possible. Those two mods are source mods; they modify the source code of terraria directly. What this means, is that if one of those mods modifies one file, the other mod can't modify that file, otherwise things become very messed up.

If you want to be able to play with two different mods, you're going to have to use tapi mods, as only tapi modifies the source code. The mods do not, they just add to the game using the hooks tapi has implemented.

It might be possible to use two mods together if they only modify one or two class files and the other does not, but NTerraria and Gameiki are fairly big mods (especially NTerraria) so I doubt that's the case.
right okay thanks for letting me know
[DOUBLEPOST=1414738400][/DOUBLEPOST]
there will be a new game launcher for both versions (steam and gog) but i simply dont know when this will happen
also i can't believe you play space engineers

It seems that one of the files Terraria has is somehow not passing Steam's validation course, even though it comes from Terraria itself. This might be the cause of a lot of people's troubles.

I as well get a constant message of 'one file could not verify', but it doesn't fix it whenever it says it's going to retrieve a new one. This happens on a fresh install from Steam.

I'm having a problem trying to install the most recent version of game launcher.

Every time I try, I am greeted with this error, rebooting solved nothing, redownloading the installer didn't help either.
ugh.png
Any suggestions? I'll appreciate any help any one can offer. Thank you.

[edit] I suppose I should mention that my folder does not have any of those characters. Trying to change the directory of my terraria.exe didn't help.

I'm having a problem trying to install the most recent version of game launcher.

Every time I try, I am greeted with this error, rebooting solved nothing, redownloading the installer didn't help either.

[edit] I suppose I should mention that my folder does not have any of those characters. Trying to change the directory of my terraria.exe didn't help.

sorry for this, i was working on a GOG compatible version and accidentally overridden 3.2.1.4, i had the downloadlink tempory disabled.
Its now back and Updated to 3.2.1.5 and should now work for GOG and Steam versions.

You will now be prompted with a Dialog to select your Terraria.exe

Changelog:
  • removed Steam check (with permission to do so)
  • removed "Generate Hash List" Button (no longer needed)
  • changed "Edit App" Dialog to now require an App path
    • Apps that dont have a Path are highlighted with red color, those Apps needs to be edited manually ("Edit App")
  • Pretty much everything that had to do with Hashes is now disabled
  • Downgrade Versions still requires Terraria on Steam as they still have the Steam check
    • the Option to downgrade should not be available for GOG Users

If you have problems installing GL just reinstall Terraria/verify Game Cache and install GL again

sorry for this, i was working on a GOG compatible version and accidentally overridden 3.2.1.4, i had the downloadlink tempory disabled.
Its now back and Updated to 3.2.1.5 and should now work for GOG and Steam versions.

You will now be prompted with a Dialog to select your Terraria.exe

Changelog:
  • removed Steam check (with permission to do so)
  • removed "Generate Hash List" Button (no longer needed)
  • changed "Edit App" Dialog to now require an App path
    • Apps that dont have a Path are highlighted with red color, those Apps needs to be edited manually ("Edit App")
  • Pretty much everything that had to do with Hashes is now disabled
  • Downgrade Versions still requires Terraria on Steam as they still have the Steam check
    • the Option to downgrade should not be available for GOG Users

If you have problems installing GL just reinstall Terraria/verify Game Cache and install GL again
Ah thank you very much, everything worked fine this time around. I appreciate it. ^ u ^

I have a slight problem with GameLauncher+Exxo Avalon (non tAPI mod for 1.2.4.1) I tried adding it as an app, but whenever I do that it doesn't appear on the app list.

I have a slight problem with GameLauncher+Exxo Avalon (non tAPI mod for 1.2.4.1) I tried adding it as an app, but whenever I do that it doesn't appear on the app list.
"Add App" works fine on my end, can you explain what you did?
you can also create a new .gli3 file in "My Games/Terraria/Game Launcher" (its just a Text Document with a different extension, there is a template in the op) and use "Edit App" to change Path, Name etc.

"Add App" works fine on my end, can you explain what you did?
you can also create a new .gli3 file in "My Games/Terraria/Game Launcher" (its just a Text Document with a different extension, there is a template in the op) and use "Edit App" to change Path, Name etc.
I just realized I'm not updated to 3.2.1.5 ( when I downloaded it today it was 3.2.1.4) I'm gonna get the new version and try it there. If I end up having the same problems I'll let you know.
Edit: nuts I tried re-installing with the latest version and it's still at 3.2.1.4

i have this issue also. its november 1st at 1:41 am. please advise

I install fine. When I launch terraria through my steam shortcut, it launches gamelauncher. There are no things to launch, so I add 'TerrariaOriginalBackup'. Is there something else I should run? What can I do to fix this?

AHHHHHHH IM FREAKING OUT!!!!1 I WANNA UNINSTALL BECAUSE I CANT GET CURRENT VERSION BUT IT JUST KEEPS LOADING UP GAME LUNCHER!?!?!?!??!? HOW DO I PLAY TERRARIA 1.2.4.1!?!??!?!?!?!?

HELP HELP HELP HELP HELP I DELETED EVERYTHING BUT NOTHING HAPPENS IT JUST ADD THE FILES I DELETED BACK!!!!! HELP ME PLAY THE CURRENT VERSION AGAIN!!!!!!!!!!!

Last edited by a moderator:
AHHHHHHH IM FREAKING OUT!!!!1 I WANNA UNINSTALL BECAUSE I CANT GET CURRENT VERSION BUT IT JUST KEEPS LOADING UP GAME LUNCHER!?!?!?!??!? HOW DO I PLAY TERRARIA 1.2.4.1!?!??!?!?!?!?

HELP HELP HELP HELP HELP I DELETED EVERYTHING BUT NOTHING HAPPENS IT JUST ADD THE FILES I DELETED BACK!!!!! HELP ME PLAY THE CURRENT VERSION AGAIN!!!!!!!!!!!
Please calm down....

If you go to your Steam Library and verify your game cache*, your game should be restored to the regular version.

Hope this helps.

* right click on Terraria, Properties, Local Files tab, verify..

please work....
[DOUBLEPOST=1414868946][/DOUBLEPOST]didnt work.....grrrrrrrrr

Ps im about to go crazy

OMG SECOND TIME IT WORKED YESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS THANK YOU!

Last edited by a moderator:
The modified tconfig installer doesn't work. I've downgraded to 1.1.2 several times. I skipped the existing files, didn't skip them, deleted the current version, and even moved the current stuff into a new folder and gave the downgrade the original folder. Every time I run it, it tells me the hash value is wrong and stops the installation.

How do I launch 1.2.4.1 with Game Launcher? Is it supposed to be listed under "apps" right after I install game launcher? I don't see anything there. I had it downloaded but now I can't play Terraria at all because of Game Launcher.

Last edited:
im getting an error when installing game launcher which i havent had before it says its not a valid terraria assembly even though its installed through steam

im getting an error when installing game launcher which i havent had before it says its not a valid terraria assembly even though its installed through steam
you have to select the correct Terraria.exe, Game Launcher Installer no longer searches for the file instead you have to point it to the correct exe (if the selected file is not a .net assembly and/or doesn't contain the Terraria namespace i assume its not valid)

@Eikester Sorry, to spam you, but you missed my post...
I install fine. When I launch terraria through my steam shortcut, it launches gamelauncher. There are no things to launch, so I add 'TerrariaOriginalBackup', and it says 'please launch game through steam client' Is there something else I should run? What can I do to fix this?

I really wanna do some modding!

Last edited:
you have to select the correct Terraria.exe, Game Launcher Installer no longer searches for the file instead you have to point it to the correct exe (if the selected file is not a .net assembly and/or doesn't contain the Terraria namespace i assume its not valid)
you mean like this
upload_2014-11-2_17-23-23.png

because thats what ive been doing but still the same error

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom