Tool Game Launcher 3.2.1.5

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm having some odd installation problems.

When it says choose the Terraria Assembly (Terraria.exe), I go to C:/Program Files (x86)/Steam/SteamApps/common/Terraria and choose the Terraria.exe file there, but when I do so, I get an error saying it can't find it. Is there a way to fix it? Or am I accessing the wrong .exe?

First off, used Game Launcher many times in past and it's an amazing program. Thanks much. I've been having problems installing it, however recently (fresh re-install of Steam Terraria multiple times, etc) I get the error message as below. This is with the installer link downloaded today from the 1st page on this thread and from the main website. Also ran as admin, but made no difference in error message. Thanks for the help. (Also, I'm running Win7 Sp1)

Attachments

• terraria error.jpg
    terraria error.jpg
    111.2 KB · Views: 1,153
First off, used Game Launcher many times in past and it's an amazing program. Thanks much. I've been having problems installing it, however recently (fresh re-install of Steam Terraria multiple times, etc) I get the error message as below. This is with the installer link downloaded today from the 1st page on this thread and from the main website. Also ran as admin, but made no difference in error message. Thanks for the help. (Also, I'm running Win7 Sp1)
It's not working because it's a .gl3 file, it must be .exe because that's what it is originaly when you get Terraria. It only searches for .exe! Plus it's under a folder called game Launcher, use the Terraria.exe in the Terraria folder! P.S: When you are installing Game Launcher, use this path: <C Drive>\Program files (x86)\Steam\SteamApps\common\Terraria then select Terraria.exe/TerrariaOriginalBackup.exe.
I'm having some odd installation problems.

When it says choose the Terraria Assembly (Terraria.exe), I go to C:/Program Files (x86)/Steam/SteamApps/common/Terraria and choose the Terraria.exe file there, but when I do so, I get an error saying it can't find it. Is there a way to fix it? Or am I accessing the wrong .exe?
Not sure about that one, try checking to make sure it is the right path and if it continues, uninstall then install Terraria(this doesn't delete your worlds and characters).

It's not working because it's a .gl3 file, it must be .exe because that's what it is originaly when you get Terraria. It only searches for .exe! Plus it's under a folder called game Launcher, use the Terraria.exe in the Terraria folder!

When install GL, at the point it requests the Terraria Assembly, I am selecting the Terraria.exe file from the default \SteamApps\common\Terraria folder. It is after I choose that option that I get the error message attached in my prior post. Hopefully I am not misunderstanding something simple here. Thanks for the help.

When install GL, at the point it requests the Terraria Assembly, I am selecting the Terraria.exe file from the default \SteamApps\common\Terraria folder. It is after I choose that option that I get the error message attached in my prior post. Hopefully I am not misunderstanding something simple here. Thanks for the help.
And does it think you are selecting into Documents? Weird. Ask Shockah or Ekeister for more help.

By the way: If I click past this error message with the "Ok" button (as seen in the image), then it will install GL, but then force me to use the TerrariaOriginalBackup.exe file in order to add Terraria to the GL menu, which subsequently gives the "Please launch the game from your Steam client" response.

Hmm. Interesting. It will now let me load terraria attempting to play Terraria through Steam, which opens GL (and then I use the TerrariaOriginalBackup app option).

Last edited:
By the way: If I click past this error message with the "Ok" button (as seen in the image), then it will install GL, but then force me to use the TerrariaOriginalBackup.exe file in order to add Terraria to the GL menu, which subsequently gives the "Please launch the game from your Steam client" response.
If that, try going into properties on the Steam application and check the box under compability saying "run as administator" so that it runs everytime with admin permit enabled(you can't just right click and do run as admin), then open steam and click on play, then it should work. (Make sure Game Launcher is renamed to Terraria so it is launched when you press play).

i think its probably the XNA Profile that is the problem here, i might be wrong but i am sure 1.1.2 used XNA Reach and tConfig, tAPI and Terraria (since 1.2) using HiDef
My graphics program is running fine. Just in case, it's Intel(R) HD Graphics.

Last edited:
How do I get the 1.1.2 downgrade patch to work? It places all the files correctly but then when i try to load, nothing happens. When i try to install the tconfig, it says it cant find the hash exe. I've tried selecting the original exe but that dosent work either.

i guess something went wrong while writing the GLI file, i have modified the Installer to at least show an Error to see whats going on.
Best guess here is that you simply dont have enough privilegues for GL to write files, its always a good idea to run with Admin rights

Same here, try to redownload gl and let me know about the result
That worked :)
When I launch vanilla Terrarira I don't have any worlds or chars. Where are they located in gl? The files still exist in the my games folder.

That worked :)
When I launch vanilla Terrarira I don't have any worlds or chars. Where are they located in gl? The files still exist in the my games folder.
GL doesn't mess with the Vanilla World/Player Folders, only the old Terraria Versions get new World/Player Folders (i.e. MyGames/Terraria/Terraria 1.1.2/Worlds)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom