Tool Game Launcher 3.2.1.5

Status
Not open for further replies.
GL doesn't mess with the Vanilla World/Player Folders, only the old Terraria Versions get new World/Player Folders (i.e. MyGames/Terraria/Terraria 1.1.2/Worlds)
But when I run it I have no game files, yet my my games folder has the min, and vanilla terraria works.

Oh men damn, this :red: still happening, last gamelauncher worked good, than i just opened and all was just blank.
now im installing the new one and that :red:tie error of "Terraria assembly" still appearing.
i choose Terrara.exe, Choosed TerrariaOriginalBackup.exe but i still getting the god damn error.
I already choosed like 5 different type of .exes in terraria, still no working.

Edit: Nevermind, i just erased the whole folder and re installed terraria...And appearently worked now.

Last edited:
How do you start modding with the modified tConfig installer? I can't find the 'ModPack' folder under My Games/Terraria. I've also tried under the 1.1.2 older versions directory and 1.1.2 players/worlds directy or did tConfig not install properly?

I made my game an older version from 1.2.4.1 to 1.1.2 and i want to switch back but 1.2.4.1 isnt on the version list, what do i do?

Hi guys!
I tried installing the Exxo Avalon Mod for 1.2.4.1 and started it with GameLauncher.
The mod is working fine and stuff, but GameLauncher is taking too much RAM.
The Game laggs and i cant play even in 600x400 res.
I've tried playing normal Terraria on GL and it laggs too.
So does anyone have had the same problem or knows some solutions?

Greetz, Pauli!

Hello, I'm new here. I just bought Terraria and I wanted to make mods but I know that tConfig is discontinued but is recreated and called tAPI (I'm not so sure.) Also I would like to know how to install Game Launcher in the case that : C:\Users\username\Documents\My Games\Terraria\Game Launcher\TerrariaOriginal.gli3 doesnt exist. (Its pretty ironic) What am I suppose to do to install this?

Hello, I'm new here. I just bought Terraria and I wanted to make mods but I know that tConfig is discontinued but is recreated and called tAPI (I'm not so sure.) Also I would like to know how to install Game Launcher in the case that : C:\Users\username\Documents\My Games\Terraria\Game Launcher\TerrariaOriginal.gli3 doesnt exist. (Its pretty ironic) What am I suppose to do to install this?
Install into Terraria directory and make sure the 'start menu' is named Terraria.

Install into Terraria directory and make sure the 'start menu' is named Terraria.
I'm not sure what I did but I put this at the link for the Terraria Assembly:
C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\SteamApps\common\Terraria\Terraria.exe
and: (sometimes the installer glitched and accepts, idk cus I did click a few times on the terraria while selecting the app and could go next, also the save data doc folder doesnt have the Game launcher installed)
EDIT: I didnt install Game Launcher correctly because when I tried installing tAPI, it said "Game Launcher not found".
btw I tried installing at the document save data folder too but it cant install.
Can someone help me and pls dont make the answer vague, I wont understand.

Attachments

• picofu.png
    picofu.png
    80.4 KB · Views: 1,279
Last edited:
Believe it or not, but before i got my Steam copy of Terraria, I realised how to make the gamelauncher, tConfig and tAPI work on a pirated copy of Terraria.
I was playin the Necro mod with the Avalon mod on a Pirated copy, It's work the same with the GOG version, use the following steps.
WARNING: IF YOU DON'T HAVE STEAM YOU CAN'T DO THIS.
1.- Go to your local Disk, Steam, SteamApps, common(If you don't have this folder, create one)
2.- Copy your Terraria folder from GOG Games folder on your local disk to common
3.- Download the lastest Game launcher and Install it, if you are having the hash issue, just change the folder name to Terraria, and if you have a TerrariaOriginalBackup.exe change the name to Terraria.exe
4.- Patch your game to 1.1.2 ONLY IF YOU WANT tConfig MODS!
5.- Download tConfig or tAPI whatever you want and install it
6.- Enjoy!
@Eikester there is the solution for the GOG users :)

I recently fixed installing Game Launcher for 1.2.4.1 and it works very well.
@byAbeeL , dont need to change to TerrariaOriginalBackup.exe because Game Launcher renames the executable file for you and you would want to run Game Launcher when you click that play button (and just click Launch, on the other hand install tAPI.).
I installed Game Launcher for Terraria version 1.2.4.1 on a monday (3 days ago took me 2 days figuring out the things and asking the community)
So I'll this easy for all newcomers:
Simply go to:
C:\Users\Username\Documents\My Games\Terraria
and right click, add new Folder and rename it to: Game Launcher
so now you'll have a new subfolder and inside the Game Launcher folder add a new text document and rename it(Capslock and everything. Note that you must be able to change extension type of a file which can be changed at: Control Panel\Appearance and Personalization\Folder Options
under tabs there is General, View, Search. Go to View and in the list called: Hidden files and folders ,find a small tick box with text that says: "Don't show extension for known file types" and untick it (meaning its a white box with no X on it) and done. ) change the text document into: TerrariaOriginal.gli3
Please have Notepad++ installed so you can edit scripts, .json, and many things that requires a code.
Open up the file and write this in:
Code:
{
    "appAuthor" : "Re-Logic",  
    "appHash" : "",  
    "appName" : "Terraria",  
    "appPath" : "C:\\Program Files (x86)\\Steam\\SteamApps\\common\\Terraria\\TerrariaOriginalBackup.exe",   
    "appVersion" : "1.2.4.1"
}
and now save and close it.
Run Game Launcher Installer 3.2.1.5 and when it says Locate Terraria Assembly (.exe)
just go to:
hit enter and finish. (the rest you should know, cuz theres nothing else)

I recently fixed installing Game Launcher for 1.2.4.1 and it works very well.
@byAbeeL , dont need to change to TerrariaOriginalBackup.exe because Game Launcher renames the executable file for you and you would want to run Game Launcher when you click that play button (and just click Launch, on the other hand install tAPI.).
I installed Game Launcher for Terraria version 1.2.4.1 on a monday (3 days ago took me 2 days figuring out the things and asking the community)
So I'll this easy for all newcomers:
Simply go to:
C:\Users\Username\Documents\My Games\Terraria
and right click, add new Folder and rename it to: Game Launcher
so now you'll have a new subfolder and inside the Game Launcher folder add a new text document and rename it(Capslock and everything. Note that you must be able to change extension type of a file which can be changed at: Control Panel\Appearance and Personalization\Folder Options
under tabs there is General, View, Search. Go to View and in the list called: Hidden files and folders ,find a small tick box with text that says: "Don't show extension for known file types" and untick it (meaning its a white box with no X on it) and done. ) change the text document into: TerrariaOriginal.gli3
Please have Notepad++ installed so you can edit scripts, .json, and many things that requires a code.
Open up the file and write this in:
Code:
{
    "appAuthor" : "Re-Logic", 
    "appHash" : "", 
    "appName" : "Terraria", 
    "appPath" : "C:\\Program Files (x86)\\Steam\\SteamApps\\common\\Terraria\\TerrariaOriginalBackup.exe",  
    "appVersion" : "1.2.4.1"
}
and now save and close it.
Run Game Launcher Installer 3.2.1.5 and when it says Locate Terraria Assembly (.exe)
just go to:
hit enter and finish. (the rest you should know, cuz theres nothing else)
The fix that I wrote was for the GL 3.2.1.4 :p

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom