Tool Game Launcher 3.2.1.5

Status
Not open for further replies.
I can't install Game Launcher, keeps saying "The selected file is not a valid Terraria Assembly", on Windows 8, attempting to install on a brand new Terraria install.

I can't install Game Launcher, keeps saying "The selected file is not a valid Terraria Assembly", on Windows 8, attempting to install on a brand new Terraria install.
Please refer to previous pages which shows how to fix this which is by me

Hi ! I used the game launcher before without problems before. I installed it again without much trouble, used the downgrades patches,, but when i tried to play terraria 1.1.2, terraria laucher crashed. Here are the details : (sorry it's in french :) )

Signature du problème :
Nom d’événement de problème: APPCRASH
Nom de l’application: Terraria Launcher.exe
Version de l’application: 1.0.0.1
Horodatage de l’application: 52811f1b
Nom du module par défaut: KERNELBASE.dll
Version du module par défaut: 6.1.7601.18409
Horodateur du module par défaut: 53159a86
Code de l’exception: e0434352
Décalage de l’exception: 0000c42d
Version du système: 6.1.7601.2.1.0.256.1
Identificateur de paramètres régionaux: 1036
Information supplémentaire n° 1: 0a9e
Information supplémentaire n° 2: 0a9e372d3b4ad19135b953a78882e789
Information supplémentaire n° 3: 0a9e
Information supplémentaire n° 4: 0a9e372d3b4ad19135b953a78882e789

Tried to verify cache with steam, also to delete the config.dat in user/my games/ but nothing worked. Any ideas ?

Hi ! I used the game launcher before without problems before. I installed it again without much trouble, used the downgrades patches,, but when i tried to play terraria 1.1.2, terraria laucher crashed. Here are the details : (sorry it's in french :) )

Signature du problème :
Nom d’événement de problème: APPCRASH
Nom de l’application: Terraria Launcher.exe
Version de l’application: 1.0.0.1
Horodatage de l’application: 52811f1b
Nom du module par défaut: KERNELBASE.dll
Version du module par défaut: 6.1.7601.18409
Horodateur du module par défaut: 53159a86
Code de l’exception: e0434352
Décalage de l’exception: 0000c42d
Version du système: 6.1.7601.2.1.0.256.1
Identificateur de paramètres régionaux: 1036
Information supplémentaire n° 1: 0a9e
Information supplémentaire n° 2: 0a9e372d3b4ad19135b953a78882e789
Information supplémentaire n° 3: 0a9e
Information supplémentaire n° 4: 0a9e372d3b4ad19135b953a78882e789

Tried to verify cache with steam, also to delete the config.dat in user/my games/ but nothing worked. Any ideas ?
I suggest u install another version of game launcher that corresponds with your game version.

I suggest u install another version of game launcher that corresponds with your game version.

I am on terraria 1.2.4.1 and my game launcher version is suppose to be the one for it. well I'll check again .Thanks. If sommebody have other ideas ?

Edit : I am on game Launcher 3.2.1.5 for terraria 1.2.4.1, wich is my version. I don't understand. I don't remember if it was the same version but it used to work... I can launch the 1.2.4.1 version, the gameiki version but not any downgraded version.

Edit 2 : I remember now the last version i used was 3.2.1.4 and it was working fine. Is there a way to have it please ?

Last edited:
I am on terraria 1.2.4.1 and my game launcher version is suppose to be the one for it. well I'll check again .Thanks. If sommebody have other ideas ?

Edit : I am on game Launcher 3.2.1.5 for terraria 1.2.4.1, wich is my version. I don't understand. I don't remember if it was the same version but it used to work... I can launch the 1.2.4.1 version, the gameiki version but not any downgraded version.

Edit 2 : I remember now the last version i used was 3.2.1.4 and it was working fine. Is there a way to have it please ?
Check changelog or older version history or something similar on OP (original post).

OK,

I installed Talk and now it won't let me play Steam Terraria. How do I turn tapi off so I can play my steam version?

Also I can't install game launcher because it keeps saying "The selected file is not a Terraria Assembly"

Trekko if you've answered these questions I couldn't find them. All I saw was people avoiding these questions. So if you could please answer again.

Check changelog or older version history or something similar on OP (original post).

I went to see the other versions, and there is none available for terraria 1.2.4.1. On the old website, there is a link for game launcher 3.2.1.4(the one that used to work), but it's dead.
I tried to install other version of gamelauncher for terraria 1.1.2, but it just doesn't want to install. I just give up for now.
Thanks anyway.

Hi .
Tried again to install version 1.1.2 of terraria , now the menu of downgrade patches don't even show when i click on it.
Any ideas why is that ?

Hi .
Tried again to install version 1.1.2 of terraria , now the menu of downgrade patches don't even show when i click on it.
Any ideas why is that ?

Well the most updated version link was removed, blocked, or the account was shut down. So its probably the same with others.

Sry, Dropbox disabled all Download Links due high Traffic, did not know about it until Bullseye told me, I've uploaded the latest Version to Mediafire

I cant launch tapi anymore i played yesterday but today i cant :( help

12:36:57 PM System.Net.WebException: The remote server returned an error: (509) Bandwidth Error.
at System.Net.WebClient.OpenRead(Uri address)
at System.Net.WebClient.OpenRead(String address)
at Game_Launcher_3.Form1.CheckForAvailableDowngradePatches()
12:36:58 PM Start() - Starting: tAPI.exe
12:36:59 PM Start() - Process started
12:37:13 PM Start() - Process exited

Easy..
Go to C:\Users\Violeta\Documents\My Games\Terraria
from there add a new folder named: Game Launcher
so now after adding the new folder, go into the folder and add text document and rename the file AND extension to:
TerrariaOriginal.gli3
Use Notepad++ to open the file
Add this to the file:
Code:
{
"appAuthor" : "Re-Logic",
"appName" : "Terraria",
"appPath" : "c:\Windows(x86)\Steam\SteamApp\common\Terraria\Terraria.exe",
"appVersion" : "1.2.4.1"
}

Now run the installer.
it should work
It didn't work for me.

I get this "The module was expected to contain an assembly manifest. (Exception from HRESULT: 0x80131018" The window itself is called "BadImageFormatException occured:IsTerrariaExe"

Please help. I followed all your steps.

It didn't work for me.

I get this "The module was expected to contain an assembly manifest. (Exception from HRESULT: 0x80131018" The window itself is called "BadImageFormatException occured:IsTerrariaExe"

Please help. I followed all your steps.
Please locate your appPath to where your terraria is. And copy the link (I.e - dont use this as your path, its an example c:/windowsx86/pathwithsubfolder/subfolder/terraria.exe) of the terraria file including terraria .exe or Terraria.exe (as the application name)

Please locate your appPath to where your terraria is. And copy the link (I.e - dont use this as your path, its an example c:/windowsx86/pathwithsubfolder/subfolder/terraria.exe) of the terraria file including terraria .exe or Terraria.exe (as the application name)
I use this: C:\Users\Connor\Documents\My Games\Terraria\Game Launcher\TerrariaOriginal.gli3

What you said in the post earlier.

EDIT: Ohh, you mean Terraria.exe? I have no idea where that is. I've looked.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom