Tool Game Launcher 3.2.1.5

Status
Not open for further replies.
can someone help me
what do i need to do at select a terraria assembly, i choose terraria.exe and then it says
could not find a part of path

i am still getting the error "not valid terraria assembly" when i choose the terraria.exe through the gamelauncher installation.

what to do about this?

guys to fix terraria assembly, i think that you need to reinstall terraria and put terraria.originalbackup
that's what i did, hope this helped
i recommend to backup your worlds

@felixsmith20 i'm still fairly new to computer editing and stuff like that, how do i make it terraria.originalbackup instead of terraria.exe .-. i'm confused and been trying to just download this stuff for about 4 hours now and it's really frustrating me and you apparently are the first person i seen with the same problem i was having please help :D

@felixsmith20 i'm still fairly new to computer editing and stuff like that, how do i make it terraria.originalbackup instead of terraria.exe .-. i'm confused and been trying to just download this stuff for about 4 hours now and it's really frustrating me and you apparently are the first person i seen with the same problem i was having please help :D
i think that you need to reinstall terraria (backup your worlds look that up on youtube)
to reinstall terraria you need to go on steam then library then games, and then right click on terraria then press remove local content(MAKE SURE TO BACKUP YOUR WORLDS)
when youve done that press play on steam terraria then it will reinstall then reinstall gamelauncher
hope this helps

you mean like this View attachment 8270
because thats what ive been doing but still the same error
thats the same i am doing. its always the same error. " The selected File is not a valid Terraria assembly"
i reinstalled Terraria numerous times, verfied the game cache and also downloaded the Gamelauncher numerous times.
Also tried the exe as Admin and without

ALWAYS THE SAME ERROR...

sry but this is just annoying me so much

same here been trying for so long to get it to work just to try out some mods .-. cause apparently no mods will work without it except for terramod but that's not really what i'm looking for ;-;

So this is getting really frustrating. Just started reading into Terraria mods and was really excited to get into it. I've now spent the past hour or two trying to install gamelauncher.
I have No idea what I'm doing wrong here.
I get the error "Could Not Find part of the path C:\Users\MyName\Documents\My Games\Terraria\Game Launcher\Terraria.original.gli3"
This path doesn't even exist. I've uninstalled/reinstalled Terraria, verified game cache, etc.
It's at the step where I select Terraria.exe, which I do under the "C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\SteamApps\common\Terraria\Terraria.exe" path, but it's just not working.
I'e been trying to research this and nothing's helped. The *only* things I've found are vague responses about moving Terraria.exe into that folder, which didn't fix it, and other random crap (Like verifying game files, reinstalling, and I've even gone so far as to delete the Terraria folder under my games after backing it up. Still didn't fix it.) that's not worked.

This problem seems pretty widespread but I't not run into a solution for it yet. Anyone know how to fix this? I'd really appreciate the help.
Worth noting I'm running Windows 8.1 also.

i think that you need to reinstall terraria (backup your worlds look that up on youtube)
to reinstall terraria you need to go on steam then library then games, and then right click on terraria then press remove local content(MAKE SURE TO BACKUP YOUR WORLDS)
when youve done that press play on steam terraria then it will reinstall then reinstall gamelauncher
hope this helps

Reinstalling Terraria does NOTHING to your worlds. They're in a different folder

So this is getting really frustrating. Just started reading into Terraria mods and was really excited to get into it. I've now spent the past hour or two trying to install gamelauncher.
I have No idea what I'm doing wrong here.
I get the error "Could Not Find part of the path C:\Users\MyName\Documents\My Games\Terraria\Game Launcher\Terraria.original.gli3"
This path doesn't even exist. I've uninstalled/reinstalled Terraria, verified game cache, etc.
It's at the step where I select Terraria.exe, which I do under the "C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\SteamApps\common\Terraria\Terraria.exe" path, but it's just not working.
I'e been trying to research this and nothing's helped. The *only* things I've found are vague responses about moving Terraria.exe into that folder, which didn't fix it, and other random crap (Like verifying game files, reinstalling, and I've even gone so far as to delete the Terraria folder under my games after backing it up. Still didn't fix it.) that's not worked.

This problem seems pretty widespread but I't not run into a solution for it yet. Anyone know how to fix this? I'd really appreciate the help.
Worth noting I'm running Windows 8.1 also.

107288309abfda698bfdc56e4af94c0b.png

This Appears when i try to install Game Launcher Please Help me

Can you install it after that error? If you can nothing will be broken, just there won't be any normal Terraria in the list when you open game launcher. To fix this press the big "Add App" button in the bottom. Put in whatever you want for the name and GLI name. For the app path put in this:

"C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\SteamApps\common\Terraria\TerrariaOriginalBackup.exe" (Change your terraria folder if it's different)

It should look like this now
Screenshot.png

Then click the "Save" button. It should appear in the list as whatever you called it.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom