Tool Game Launcher 3.2.1.5

Status
Not open for further replies.

Eikester

Official Terrarian

NOTE FROM STAFF: This tool has not worked in several years, since before 1.3. Please stop reporting that it does not work.
It is not Re-Logic's tool, there is no support for it and it will not be updated to work with current versions of the game.
Use at your own risk and don't complain to us when it doesn't.

kdcROYP.png

LMBUeyf.png

v3.2.1.7 for Terraria 1.3+

Cd8UpzG.png

This application allows you to start multiple Terraria Mods through your Steam account.
No more you have to rename/move files just to change between mods and the original game.

Also allows you to Install the following Terraria versions (requires a Steam version):
(this feature doesn't work currently)
  • 1.1.2 (required for tConfig)
This feature works with Binary diff Patches and doesn't share any Game Files.

IaRToWt.png

gli3 Format (json File):
Code:
{
"appAuthor" : "Re-Logic",
"appName" : "Terraria",
"appPath" : "c:\test\testapp.exe",
"appVersion" : "1.0.0.0"
}

If you like my work feel free to donate to show your support :)

Last edited by a moderator:
possible yes, not really sure how to check for legit versions tho, only way would be to check the hash value of the executable but i would need a gog.com version (and no, i dont want to buy the game a second time just for this)

Edit:
thinking of it: because there is no DRM for the gog.com version you would no longer need a crack for a pirated version and thus a hash value check would not work so this is not an option

possible yes, not really sure how to check for legit versions tho, only way would be to check the hash value of the executable but i would need a gog.com version (and no, i dont want to buy the game a second time just for this)

Edit:
thinking of it: because there is no DRM for the gog.com version you would no longer need a crack for a pirated version and thus a hash value check would not work so this is not an option

Forgive me as I have never used your program (I would like to use the xbox controller mod which needs your mod to work) or any mod for Terraria, and I have no idea what you program entails, but why does the program even need to check for a pirated or legit copy?

Isn't you program simply a mod manager? Why does it need to check that anyway? That seems like a personal thing to me, not something really required. Re-Logic has gone DRM free, so either they understand DRM simply doesn't work anyway, or they simply think picking up sales through GOG is more important. Seems weird that that would matter to you at all.

Sorry, just wondering as I have used mod managers before for other games... all of which worked with both Steam and GOG versions since when it comes to the games both a versions are nearly identical.

Reactions: DCT
Forgive me as I have never used your program (I would like to use the xbox controller mod which needs your mod to work) or any mod for Terraria, and I have no idea what you program entails, but why does the program even need to check for a pirated or legit copy?

Isn't you program simply a mod manager? Why does it need to check that anyway? That seems like a personal thing to me, not something really required. Re-Logic has gone DRM free, so either they understand DRM simply doesn't work anyway, or they simply think picking up sales through GOG is more important. Seems weird that that would matter to you at all.

Sorry, just wondering as I have used mod managers before for other games... all of which worked with both Steam and GOG versions since when it comes to the games both a versions are nearly identical.
Well the biggest problem is that the downgrade patches depend on steam to function as well, as the original versions were released only on steam. It may be possible to allow this to work with the gog version but such things would count as allowing piracy to take place, even if it's on old versions. So Old versions are out the window, and that means old version mods are as well, so no tAPI or tConfig mods.

For modern mods (like XBCM, N Terraria, or Gameiki) It should be up to individual mod authors to provide an xdelta patch or something that let's you patch your DRM free GOG executable with whatever mod. As of now, no modern terraria mods remove the DRM so as to prevent their mods being used to assist piracy, game launcher allows you to run as many DRM protected Terraria Executables as you want as long as you launch it through steam. Without the DRM, the only use of GameLauncher then to have a frontend for launching terraria mods, which you really wouldn't need since there isn't any drm. If it allows pirates to use mods, oh well. That's just what comes with a DRM free release. (Personally, I'm in favor of having a DRM free Terraria version.

Well the biggest problem is that the downgrade patches depend on steam to function as well, as the original versions were released only on steam. It may be possible to allow this to work with the gog version but such things would count as allowing piracy to take place, even if it's on old versions. So Old versions are out the window, and that means old version mods are as well, so no tAPI or tConfig mods.

For modern mods (like XBCM, N Terraria, or Gameiki) It should be up to individual mod authors to provide an xdelta patch or something that let's you patch your DRM free GOG executable with whatever mod. As of now, no modern terraria mods remove the DRM so as to prevent their mods being used to assist piracy, game launcher allows you to run as many DRM protected Terraria Executables as you want as long as you launch it through steam. Without the DRM, the only use of GameLauncher then to have a frontend for launching terraria mods, which you really wouldn't need since there isn't any drm. If it allows pirates to use mods, oh well. That's just what comes with a DRM free release. (Personally, I'm in favor of having a DRM free Terraria version.

Ah thank you for this info, the patch thing I can understand... mods not working with newer releases and not be updated for newer patches is part of modding. This not doing it because of piracy or being able to check for a legit version when the game is now DRM free is not the way to do it in my opinion since that would be shutting the door on thousands of new Terraria owners (currently #1 on GOG since release). I've used mods for a long time on many games (Skyrim, Total War, Fallout ect), and this has to be one of the first times I've come across modders actively blocking working mods because of piracy especially in regards to a GOG version just because it's DRM free.

I'm not to concerned with having a mod manger but it's nice to have, and if Eikester can provide either a separate version (missing the older patch ability if it needs to be done) for GOG copies or deactivate that feature when GOG copies are being used. That would to me be great & at-least some progress.

I'm not 100% on the details on why XBCM needs GameLauncher to work, but hopefully the mod author can either work around that requirement or doesn't need the older patch feature of GameLauncher assuming Eikester does provide a working version for the GOG copy.

(PS: Personally, I'm for all my games being DRM free. :D)

Last edited:
I'm not 100% on the details on why XBCM needs GameLauncher to work, but hopefully the mod author can either work around that requirement or doesn't need the older patch feature of GameLauncher assuming Eikester does provide a working version for the GOG copy.
(PS: Personally, I'm for all my games being DRM free. :D)

It actually doesn't, it's just that modded executables all have the DRM still in place. If authors want to provide a patch for the gog version, I'd imagine they'd need to make it a patch so as to not be distributing drm free terraria executables.

When ever I try and launch terraria or anything else with the game launcher, they crash on start up. When I launch terraria with out the launcher it works fine. Any suggestions? I need this to run other mods.

Hey, I really like your work and really want to use it... but I can't use the Steam Overlay while playing the game from the Game Launcher. There is any solution to this?
Thanks.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom