PC Game Launcher cannot install on my computer.

Trekko727

Terrarian
I have Terraria (from steam) version 1.2.4.1 as expected.
I know where to install Game Launcher when it said: "Locate Terraria Assembly (.exe)
once I clicked at where its located, of course the executable file, Terraria.exe
C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\SteamApps\common\Terraria\Terraria.exe
Btw there are some files called:
installscript.vdf (not the point of the topic)
and other weird things.
but the installer would say it cant find the path.
can someone please help its been a day or 2 fixing this installer unclear instruction. (3.2.1.5 is not the same as 3.0.1 or other version and its installer is giving me headaches.)
PLEASE help!!!!!!!!!!!!!

When you don't provide much information on how you fixed the problem, it can be a bit irritating when you insult the forum as a whole for not helping when we attempted to, as shown by darthmorf's post above.

IIRC, Game Launcher used to screw up when running Terraria versions past 1.2 due to a hash error. Since then, this problem has been fixed.

However, before you post errors about Game Launcher failing to install, check for these two things always:

1. Is Steam running with administrator rights?
2. Is the Game Launcher Installer running with administrator rights? (I know you already answered this yes, but always check anyway.)

I found that placing the game launcher installer within my Terraria directory worked every time I needed to install it. If this solution is not what you tried, please post it so that you might be able to help others with the same problem.

Also @Trekko727, this subforum is about Terraria PC issues (Being the vanilla game) - Support questions related to client/server mods should be posted in that section or even better on the specific thread for game launcher. Some things to take in to account:

1. Re-Logic and Forum staff do not assist with the use of or installation of third party tools for Terraria
  2. This mod is developed and supported independently by @Eikester - the best place to ask would have been the thread where it was posted
  3. There is a specific sub-forum for these sort of issues.

Keep those in mind and in the future you should be able to get more clear and effective help faster.

EDIT: No idea why I quoted the above post lol, deleted the quote

Alright. Very sorry for making such a remark, InfinitySnail.
So how I solved it was I created the Game Launcher folder and also under Eikester's game launcher had the spoiler named "modder" without speech marks.
it says GLI3 (Json file) with some small info, and so I copied the data into a text document and edited to fit the data of game (version, author and path location.) So I ran the game launcher installer and it was successfully installed.
and thanks for the help though Arkhalis.
EDIT: and yes I run steam and game launcher installer with admin rights because Im admin of my com.

Back
Top Bottom