PS4 Game not saving characters properly and cant make any character progress. Game completely broken.

omegaknight7

Terrarian
My characters are all stuck at whatever progress they had before the update. When I play, upon leaving my game all my characters are reverted back to the state they were before the update. I cant keep any newly acquired items, in inventory as inventory reverts back to the previous state before update. Even on new characters, so I can't upgrade health or magic. So basically my game is fully broken. I cant play it without losing all my progress. I have 800 hrs. on 1 character, I'm friends with Chippy on ps4 because of my amazing builds, I'm Like lady Forrestia, except my builds aren't quite as big, but they are close, and I have owned Terraria for around 7 years and bought it at least 5 times. Why is my game completely broken guys? Come on. I have already lost hundreds of hours of work to previous updates. Are you at least aware of this bug and are working to fix it? I cannot play the game, till you do. Please.

Hiya! i'm really sorry to hear you're having trouble with your game files. Would it be possible to send us your files? If you can provide a zipped copy of your player data this would be great (settings & Achievements file/players/worlds/maps) where this occurs in order for us to replicate this issue? You can use this form to upload the files, though please reply to this thread if you able to send in some files and i can see if we can track down the issue so we can fix it! Smartsheet Forms

Detailed instructions are at the link at the end of Roboarms' reply.

The instructions are also good for making ordinary backups, which should be part of every computer, console, and mobile device user's routine. I know from painful experience what can happen when you don't back up important files — losing game stuff is annoying, but losing work files can put a job at risk — and am conscientious now. Save yourself future grief! Back up and you won't lose hundreds more hours.

Last edited:
Detailed instructions are at the link at the end of Roboarms' reply.

The instructions are also good for making ordinary backups, which should be part of every computer, console, and mobile device user's routine. I know from painful experience what can happen when you don't back up important files — losing game stuff is annoying, but losing work files can put a job at risk — and am conscientious now. Save yourself future grief! Back up and you won't lose hundreds more hours.
I Always have, when your playing and building for twelve hours straight, and then the game decides to not save for some reason before you can back up, well there's nothing you can do then, also had an entire world, with hundreds of hours of builds, it got swapped with a random online players world that already had empress of light items, like a year before journeys end released, and when i went to load my save from the cloud, all it did was keep loading the swapped world, I don't have automatic uploads on so I'm not sure how it corrupted my cloud save but it's safe to say this person was doing questionable things as he already had empress of light items. Nothing I can do about that either, but it happened because one of the updates was soo broken it would swap your world for anothers. I honestly wish the devs knew where they were headed with this game instead of going through 505 then pipework and then finally DR, and I'm thinking that this has alot to do with many peoples grief. I've never had any problems like this with any other game, only terraria, it's the only game I have ever had to do anything with files when all I want to do is play a game I paid for, yet here I am again YEARS later doing the same thing, not playing the game I paid for because it's broken and having to come on here to this forum and spend my time doing whatever this is to try and fix my game because the devs can't seem to figure it out, so they need my files so they can recreate it, I'm basically a bug tester that isn't getting paid. This is a horrible, horrible experience honestly, and no amount of back up is going to fix that. Thanks, for implying in a indirect way that it's my fault for all the distress the broken updates have put me through, when it's literally the only game that has ever done this, and the reason probably is because of all the developers it has gone through. I bet you lost your work files because of a hardware problem not because of a software issue so our experiences are quite different in that sense, so your situation is kind of irrelevant. Thanks for all your helpfulness.

Hiya! i'm really sorry to hear you're having trouble with your game files. Would it be possible to send us your files? If you can provide a zipped copy of your player data this would be great (settings & Achievements file/players/worlds/maps) where this occurs in order for us to replicate this issue? You can use this form to upload the files, though please reply to this thread if you able to send in some files and i can see if we can track down the issue so we can fix it! Smartsheet Forms
I've compressed my files but I keep getting a message that says the file is to large, what now? Do I start removing things? Wouldn't that make this whole process less effective, what if i remove the integral piece of information that solves my problem. This is becoming entirely way too involved and I am am spending waay to much time trying to figure this all out. Needless to say, I'm getting really fed up with all this. My time is important to me, and to have to spend it on here trying to figure this out, and why it's not working, is not what i paid into here, and is extremely aggravating. Come on, I bought your game a bunch of times with my hard earned money, I gave you my support, I come on here, doing everything thats told of me and yet, still having issues, having my time wasted, without a consolation, trying to fix a product that should not have this problem but has been broken over and over again due to the poor development decisions. So what do we do now? can they figure it out without my files? Or do i have to spend more of my time trying to figure out how to get you my files. This is exhausting, infuriating, and ridiculous that I would have to go through all of this.

Hi @omegaknight7 Shoot, how big is the file?
Can you DM me and send it via the forum or via one of those big file upload websites? As they're are encrypted files, only a developer is able to access them, so that should be fairly safe.

I'm sorry you've consistently had issues with Terraria. I've not heard of the specific issues you've raised here as having occurred to someone else, so i'd really like to help if we are able!

Obviously most people would not need to do this, and glitches which wipe your data are pretty bad and we dont want them to happen to anyone.

Many thanks for your patience!

Back
Top Bottom