PC Game running in "slow motion"

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chimel

Plantera
So, my computer died a week ago, I've got another pc, but, when I run Terraria on it, it's running in slow motion, when I'm in vanilla, it's playable but when I'm using mods (which I do, because I think i've done everything in vanilla), it's really slow, unplayable.
Do you have any advice ?

I'm playing in 800x600, i'm on windows 7.
Help !

Hi,

Welcome to PC Support Section.

Helpful Links (READ BEFORE POSTING)
Bug Reports | Technical Issues

WARNING
Please make sure you have 4.6.1 .NET Framework (Recommended) or later installed for Terraria on your System! It is mandatory for the latest version.

In order to further assist you, please verify the following information below before proceeding. Please, we remind you that Terraria has certain requirements in order to function properly on your system. If you fail to check these requirements you may encounter errors or issues.

To avoid errors or mistakes, please consider posting your System Specifications. You can obtain this information by Right-Clicking My Computer on your system. You will get basic information about your Processor and RAM. If you wish to get a full detailed list, you can use third party software to determine your specifications or salvage the information from the Device Manager (Advanced Users). You may also use the available and recommended Third Party Software to gain your full system specifications for our technicians.

How to improve your support thread
  • Post screenshots of errors
    • You can use the
      Rth9Tcm.png
      key on your keyboard to paste your current monitor to the clipboard.
      • Click the window that you want to copy.
      • Press ALT+PRINT SCREEN. Important The text you see on your keyboard might be PrtSc, PrtScn, or PrntScrn. The other text on the Print Screen key is usually SysRq.
      • Paste (CTRL+V) the image into a Microsoft Office program or other application.
  • Provide your system specifications
  • Provide your current mandatory dependencies versions (XNA & .NET)

Be reminded this post is intended to simplify your next reply and ease our troubleshooting. If you fail to provide detailed information, it becomes a tedious task to determine what caused your problem. Please be kind enough to follow these simple steps and helpful tips!

NOTE: If you are using an illegal copy of the game, you will receive no support, this process determines if you are using a legal copy.

Before you ask, check in these threads to solve your issues:

Available Third Party Software
System Requirements
  • Processor: 2.0 Ghz (Single Core)
  • Memory: 2.5 GB
  • Hard Disk Space: 200 MB
  • Video Card: 128 MB Video Memory, Shader Model 2.0+ Support
  • DirectX®: 9.0c or Greater
Recommended System Requirements (Max Settings)
  • Processor: Dual Core 3.0 Ghz
  • Memory: 4 GB
  • Hard Disk Space: 200 MB
  • Video Card: 256 MB Video Memory, Shader Model 2.0+ Support
  • DirectX®: 9.0c or Greater

Game Dependencies (MUST Install)
Troubleshooting Your Problem with TerrariaServer.exe
In order to figure out what your problem is with the game, we require that you run the Terraria Server Client (TerrariaServer.exe). This will display any errors or successes on launch. Should there be any errors from the program itself, use the command prompt and copy the error to display it here.
  1. Right click within the Command Prompt.
  2. In the drop-down menu, select Mark.
  3. Once you made a selection, Right Click or Press Enter to copy.
  4. Paste your results in your thread.
If you have trouble with the above instructions, your system might be showing "Not Responding" or your System may need to be rebooted to start clean.

Deleting the JSON files to clear Terraria Settings
Before proceeding any further, please delete the config.json file located in your Terraria Folder under My Documents/My Games. Then start Terraria again, this may fix some unexplained issues, but we wish to make sure you are running a nice and clean installation:
  1. Locate My Documents Folder.
  2. Open My Games Folder.
  3. Open Terraria Folder.
  4. Delete Config.json file from this location.
    • You can also delete the Favorites/Profile files as well, just in case.
Mal2RvM.png

Installing / Re-Installing XNA and .NET Framework 4.5.2 or Better
You may be experiencing these issues with a faulty installation, and even worst your system might the be problem to this. Attempt to uninstall both XNA and .NET Framework from your machine, be advised, do not uninstall the pre-installed versions of .NET Framework that came with your system! Once you have successfully re-installed your XNA and .NET Framework you may attempt to try Terraria again.
Verify Terraria's Steam Cache
If your game is unresponsive at times it is recommended you do a Verify Steam Cache with the game provided for Steam (This does not include GOG Version).
  1. Goto My Library on Steam.
  2. Right-Click Terraria and Select Properties.
  3. Goto Local Files Tab.
  4. Now Select Verify Integrity of Game Cache.
If you have trouble with the above instructions, you may be using a different provider or retailer.
Frequently Asked Questions

Q: My world has corrupted somehow and will not load properly, what can I do?
A: You may have corrupted the world by using modded clients, computer shutdown before the world could complete the save, or system failure within Terraria that caused the problem. You can try attempting to load your world using TEdit (Download).

Q: My game is not launching, or I get errors regarding XNA/.NET Framework!
A: You can attempt to make sure you have all Game Dependencies first, then try attempting this solution:

If you don't feel like sifting through all that, it's basically to do with the framework permissions.

This is how you change the right to use Framework/XNA:
  1. Right-Click the specific directory (Listed Below).
  2. Select Properties.
  3. Select the Security Tab
  4. Click on Advanced Option
  5. Select the Owner Tab
  6. Click on the bottom button to Edit.
  7. On this window select the Administrator in the row and make sure to select the Checkboxes below.
  8. Hit Apply and close all the windows.
  9. Try running the game again.
Do the above for all of the following FOLDERS:

C:\Windows\Microsoft.NET\assembly\GAC_32:
Microsoft.Xna.Framework\v4.0_4.0.0.0__842cf8be1de50553
Microsoft.Xna.Framework.Game\v4.0_4.0.0.0__842cf8be1de50553
Microsoft.Xna.Framework.Graphics\v4.0_4.0.0.0__842cf8be1de50553
Microsoft.Xna.Framework.Xact\v4.0_4.0.0.0__842cf8be1de50553

C:\Windows\Microsoft.NET\assembly\GAC_MSIL:
Microsoft.Xna.Framework.Avatar\v4.0_4.0.0.0__842cf8be1de50553
Microsoft.Xna.Framework.GamerServices\v4.0_4.0.0.0__842cf8be1de50553
Microsoft.Xna.Framework.Input.Touch\v4.0_4.0.0.0__842cf8be1de50553
Microsoft.Xna.Framework.Net\v4.0_4.0.0.0__842cf8be1de50553
Microsoft.Xna.Framework.Storage\v4.0_4.0.0.0__842cf8be1de50553
Microsoft.Xna.Framework.Video\v4.0_4.0.0.0__842cf8be1de50553

Q: Steam has reported that one (1) file has failed verification and was downloaded?
A: This file is known as the serverconfig.txt file. Originally this file shouldn't be packed with the game as Terraria should create this file automatically on launch if it is missing or out of date. Due to it being changed and updated by server owners, the file will constantly fail the verification process. This has no effect on playing the game, and can be ignored.

Q: I am experiencing low frame rate for Terraria, but the machine passes as recommended?
A: If you are using nVidia Control Panel, you can select Terraria.exe process and change the specifications on how your graphic card handles the game. Follow these instructions:
  1. Open nVidia Control Panel.
  2. Select Manage 3D Settings.
  3. Choose Program Settings Tab.
  4. Select Terraria as current program.
  5. Turn Triple buffering and Vertical sync to On.
  6. Run Terraria and turn Frame Skip to Off.
  7. The application should be running better than your current setup.
zAJ2XvE.png

Alternate Solution (The Aero Mode Bug)
  1. Goto your Desktop.
  2. Right Click and Select Personalize.
  3. Enable Aero Mode by selecting an Aero Background Option.
  4. You can also go Fullscreen Mode while Disabled Aero Mode.
Q: Experiencing an XAudio Driver Issue?
A: Check this out about the error: http://forums.terraria.org/index.ph...out-due-to-xaudio2_6-dll-on-windows-10.32894/

Q: Missing XInput Driver for the game?
A: You can download Microsoft DirectX Web Installer and fix this issue properly. We do not recommend searching for the driver (DLL) manually. Download it here.

Q: Where can I find my world and player files?
A: You can find your world and character files based on your system here:
  • Windows: <home folder>\Documents\My Games\Terraria\Players
  • Mac: ~/Library/Application Support/Terraria/Players
  • Linux: ~/.local/share/Terraria/Players
However, if you're using Steam Cloud Sync, the files will be in a different location.
  • <Steam directory>/userdata/<Steam3 ID>/105600/remote/players

Well, i've done random things I find on internet and it works, so thread closed !

>How to do it x) ?

As noted from Darthmorf's post. Anytime you need a Thread Closed, hit the report button and ask for it to be closed. We'll be happy to help, and you can request an unlock later through the same method if you change your mind later. :dryadwink:

Thread Locked at the Topic Creator's request.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom