PC Game Starts, and immediately says not responding

Dragonslayerz

Terrarian
Whenever I start terraria, it opens, but cannot be played, not even getting to the title screen. It immediately goes into "Not responding" and does nothing. It will go on like this for as long as I leave it. After closing it, the error log file showed this:

Error Logging Enabled.
================
7/29/2018 9:26:08 PM: First-Chance Exception
Culture: en-US
Exception: System.IO.IOException: The handle is invalid.
at System.IO.__Error.WinIOError(Int32 errorCode, String maybeFullPath)
================

What should I do, Wise Terrarians? (Or unwise ones, anyone helps)

The first thing we should try is this:

1. Uninstall the game.

2. Browse to where the installation directory would normally be. Make sure the folder is deleted, if not delete it. (for example the default steam directory is C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Terraria, make sure the entire Terraria folder is deleted.)

3. Backup any save files you have, you'll want to copy the "Worlds" and "Players" folder to your desktop temporarily. The file path should be \Documents\My Games\Terraria\Worlds and \Documents\My Games\Terraria\Players.

4. Delete the Terraria folder in \Documents\My Games.

5. Reinstall the game.

6. Launch the game and see if you crash to desktop immediately. If not, then it is safe to copy the Worlds and Players folder back to their original location.

---------------------------------------------------------

If that does not work let me know if you are attempting to use mods, or have used mods in the past.

Alright lets see what comes up in the Event Viewer. To access it, press start and type "Event Viewer" without the quotes. Click the result that shows up under programs. In the new window that pops up look at the left hand side and click on "Windows Logs" then click on "Applications". Look for any errors that has Terraria as its source and upload the screenshots here.

I am currently having this exact issue so i followed the steps you provided this is what i found

Attachments

• terraria fix.png
    terraria fix.png
    126.1 KB · Views: 127
Back
Top Bottom