Game Unstable (i.e. Crashing) [PC]

Igno

Golem
Hello, fellow Terrarians! This is my first post ever on this forum, so if I've made any mistakes, I apologize. Feel free to move this post.

Anyway, recently, I've been experiencing instabilities in Terraria (i.e. lag/crashing/etc.), and wondered why. I'm running the Steam version for PCs. What happens is the game will randomly freeze, quit responding, and close. Then, afterwards, neither Steam, nor anything running via Steam, will open. In order to resolve this problem, I have to open Task Manager and manually "End Proccess" on everything Steam-related. I am running Windows 10 on an HP laptop with an AMD quad-core A8 processor, AMD Radeon M5 graphics card, and 8GB of RAM. Thanks! :D

Also, this is really annoying because it resets back (I don't know exactly how long). For instance, the latest occurrence of this annoying bug happened right after I beat Skeletron... :(

Last edited:
Hi there, I've been having the same problems as you have been experiencing.
I think that it may have something to do with Windows 10 compatibility. I could run 1.3 just fine until I upgraded to Windows 10, so maybe that could be the root of all the problems you have encountered.

Hello, fellow Terrarians! This is my first post ever on this forum, so if I've made any mistakes, I apologize. Feel free to move this post.

Anyway, recently, I've been experiencing instabilities in Terraria (i.e. lag/crashing/etc.), and wondered why. I'm running the Steam version for PCs. What happens is the game will randomly freeze, quit responding, and close. Then, afterwards, neither Steam, nor anything running via Steam, will open. In order to resolve this problem, I have to open Task Manager and manually "End Proccess" on everything Steam-related. I am running Windows 10 on an HP laptop with an AMD quad-core A8 processor, AMD Radeon M5 graphics card, and 8GB of RAM. Thanks! :D

Also, this is really annoying because it resets back (I don't know exactly how long). For instance, the latest occurrence of this annoying bug happened right after I beat Skeletron... :(

I know what you mean man ive been having the same issue. i run it on linux so that might be and issue there too.

but i want you to message me and tell me more. im interested.

I've had that exact same problem but I don't know what to do. Even when I go to the Task Manager, I can't see any processes that has to do with Steam or Terraria. The windows 10 compatibility mode doesn't work for me either. I've tried verifying the cache, refreshing the Steam files and uninstalling and reinstalling the game. I'm running an Intel i-3 dual core processor, 8GB RAM, and GeForce GTX 950 Graphics Card. All my drivers are up to date and so is my OS.

I've had that exact same problem but I don't know what to do. Even when I go to the Task Manager, I can't see any processes that has to do with Steam or Terraria. The windows 10 compatibility mode doesn't work for me either. I've tried verifying the cache, refreshing the Steam files and uninstalling and reinstalling the game. I'm running an Intel i-3 dual core processor, 8GB RAM, and GeForce GTX 950 Graphics Card. All my drivers are up to date and so is my OS.

you should try factory reseting your pc
back up anything you need firstt

Back
Top Bottom