Game wont launch - Windows 10 (Microsoft.Xna.Framework.Graphics.dll error)

So like the title says, I'm unable to launch the game. The game just wont start, no error message, no bugreport no nothing. I already tried uninstalling XNA and reinstalling it, launching it as admin and launching it in compatibility mode, without any sucess.
The only way to produce an error message is to launch the "start-server.bat" file. I get the following error:

Unhandled Exception: System.BadImageFormatException: Could not load file or assembly 'Microsoft.Xna.Framework.Graphics.dll' or one of its dependencies. is not a valid Win32 application. (Exception from HRESULT: 0x800700C1)
at Terraria.Main..ctor()
at Terraria.Program.LaunchGame(String[] args)
at Terraria.WindowsLaunch.Main(String[] args)

I'm using Windows 10 with an Intel i7 and an Amd R9 390 with the latest beta drivers.
Thanks in advance.

You must re-install XNA. Uninstall it from your system, restart, and then install XNA. You can download it from Microsoft's website.

I have read some of your replies and 90% of them are completely useless. How about you read my post again before answering.

Your system isn't finding XNA, and Terraria crashes because of this. If you do not require help, then you won't ever find the solution to the problem. You need to allow XNA to install fully and you have to do it right, failing to do this to both XNA or .NET will result in no fixes. I have read your post, and stating that you have done so doesn't mean you have done it right.

Since you do not require help, and have requested that so.

Regards,
Marcus

Last edited:
I require help, but not from someone like you. By the way, stating the obvious is neither smart nor "helping". Please refrain from posting on my topics.
He was giving you the appropriate information for your error. This is an XNA installation error. Please do not disregard the help you were given.

Back
Top Bottom