Xbox One Game Won't Load

AnonymousPerson

Terrarian
I would load up Terraria and it would freeze at 20% then it would go to another screen and freeze at 50%. I've tried everything, unplugging the console, restarting the game, taking the disc out, cleaning the disc, restarting the console. Basically anything I could think of but nothing works. It's been 2 days and still can't play the game.

I would load up Terraria and it would freeze at 20% then it would go to another screen and freeze at 50%. I've tried everything, unplugging the console, restarting the game, taking the disc out, cleaning the disc, restarting the console. Basically anything I could think of but nothing works. It's been 2 days and still can't play the game.
Hi there, welcome to the forums. :)

Did the freezing just occur - were you able to play the game, say, last week or last month? It sounds like you’ve done everything that I would suggest, and very frustrating that nothing has worked. One last thing that comes to mind - have you tried reinstalling the game completely?

I literally just had a similar problem happen to me today. A world that I do most of my work on just won't load, single player and multiplayer. No clue why it gets to the getting world info screen and then just ffffffffffffffffff .

Just frustrating.

I literally just had a similar problem happen to me today. A world that I do most of my work on just won't load, single player and multiplayer. No clue why it gets to the getting world info screen and then just ffffffffffffffffff .

Just frustrating.
Sorry to hear that @DetroitDarkside313, sounds frustrating. Try reinstalling (make sure you’ve got a copy of your characters and worlds, although I know Xbox One makes it hard by not allowing you to save to usb) and if that doesn’t work I’d recommend sending in all your info to Pipeworks (the console developers) using their preferred bug report form here: https://fs30.formsite.com/505games/form15/index.html

Including as much detail as possible (if the world worked before the update, is it a small, med, large world, is it a legacy (pre-1.3) world, what kind of builds are included in the world, anything that sets it apart from others, etc) can help them pinpoint faster what might be causing the issue.

I found out how resolve the issue. i just started up terraria on a different account and it resolved my issue when i went back to the other account, it started up perfectly fine. (this worked for me but it might not work for you.)

I found out how resolve the issue. i just started up terraria on a different account and it resolved my issue when i went back to the other account, it started up perfectly fine. (this worked for me but it might not work for you.)
Wow, glad to hear that @AnonymousPerson. Thanks for coming back and sharing what worked for you.

I have recently bought terraria on my Xbox one and it is not working correctly. It would stop at 20% and then go to a loading bar and stop half way. I have tried using a different account and resetting and deleting the app. Nothing works and I need help. Please

I have recently bought terraria on my Xbox one and it is not working correctly. It would stop at 20% and then go to a loading bar and stop half way. I have tried using a different account and resetting and deleting the app. Nothing works and I need help. Please
Hi @Archie_irl, is it the world that won’t load if you use your main character? You mentioned in your deleted post that using a different character did work, but that going back to your main character doesn’t work.

Here’s one thing to try: at the main menu, disable the map. Then try using your main character (you won’t have a map though).

In either case, I recommend sending in all the details about this directly to Pipeworks (the console developers) so that they know about it. They try to read over these forums, but the best way to make sure they have the info about any issues you’re experiencing is to send it directly to them here: https://fs30.formsite.com/505games/form15/index.html

You probably won’t get a response, but they do read over every bug report that comes in through that link.

Hi @Archie_irl, is it the world that won’t load if you use your main character? You mentioned in your deleted post that using a different character did work, but that going back to your main character doesn’t work.

Here’s one thing to try: at the main menu, disable the map. Then try using your main character (you won’t have a map though).

In either case, I recommend sending in all the details about this directly to Pipeworks (the console developers) so that they know about it. They try to read over these forums, but the best way to make sure they have the info about any issues you’re experiencing is to send it directly to them here: https://fs30.formsite.com/505games/form15/index.html

You probably won’t get a response, but they do read over every bug report that comes in through that link.

Thank you for the tip but it has still not succeeded. And what I meant by other character was another profile on my Xbox. And I have contacted them but no reply (as you said they might not reply).

Thank you for the tip but it has still not succeeded. And what I meant by other character was another profile on my Xbox. And I have contacted them but no reply (as you said they might not reply).
Sorry it didn't work Archie, it was a stretch, but worth a shot. Glad you were able to send in a bug report. You're helping them find what could be the cause of the issue by sending in your experience and info.

I’v recently had the same problem. I downloaded Terraria in September of 2018 and have played a LOT since, but up until now I seem to not be able to enter my world. It’s weird though, I can enter into my main world with someone else’s character but not my main one. I think I might understand the problem which makes this dilemma even more frustrating. Just the other day I filled out half of my large map, and I think that might be to much for the disc to handle? Last time I had something similar to this happen the world just reset it’s map itself, but now when I get to the loading screen it tells me “Resseting Game Objects” before completely freezings and shutting down when it its “Setting Liquids 99%” I’m aware I could just use another character, but before settling with that option and losing my max health, is there any possibles way I could fix this issue?

I’v recently had the same problem. I downloaded Terraria in September of 2018 and have played a LOT since, but up until now I seem to not be able to enter my world. It’s weird though, I can enter into my main world with someone else’s character but not my main one. I think I might understand the problem which makes this dilemma even more frustrating. Just the other day I filled out half of my large map, and I think that might be to much for the disc to handle? Last time I had something similar to this happen the world just reset it’s map itself, but now when I get to the loading screen it tells me “Resseting Game Objects” before completely freezings and shutting down when it its “Setting Liquids 99%” I’m aware I could just use another character, but before settling with that option and losing my max health, is there any possibles way I could fix this issue?
Hi @Alocasia, a workaround for the “Settling Liquids” issue (besides using another character to enter the world) is to disable the map at the main menu. You’ll be able to enter your world with your original character, but you won’t have a map. Hopefully a fix will come soon, but that’s just my hope, I don’t know of anything for sure.

Hi @Alocasia, a workaround for the “Settling Liquids” issue (besides using another character to enter the world) is to disable the map at the main menu. You’ll be able to enter your world with your original character, but you won’t have a map. Hopefully a fix will come soon, but that’s just my hope, I don’t know of anything for sure.

Thanks for the advice, I extremely appreciate it! Although I do have one last question. I’v looked it up countless times and even searched all over the menu, but I can’t figure out how to disable the map from the main menu?

Thanks for the advice, I extremely appreciate it! Although I do have one last question. I’v looked it up countless times and even searched all over the menu, but I can’t figure out how to disable the map from the main menu?
I believe it’s Settings>General>Map Disabled

For the Xbox One people who still have issues with Converting World loading screen being stuck, try the following.

1. Start the game
2. When asked to select a profile, create or select a new/secondary profile using another e-mail account
"The game should start properly under that account"
3. Start the Tutorial
4. Save/Close the Tutorial
5. Switch Profile with X button from the Main menu
6. Select your main account
"The game started properly now for me"

RE: Deleting my saves from Console and Account didn't do anything for me neither did re-installing the game (multiple times). I'm not saying it won't help at all but the steps above were the only thing that worked for me. Creating a World on the Secondary account and switching to the main account didn't work either. Only after i went through the Tutorial part is when i noticed i got my main account working again.

I don't own a PS4 so i don't if the same steps can be applied or what the outcome will be.

Hope it helps!

For the Xbox One people who still have issues with Converting World loading screen being stuck, try the following.

1. Start the game
2. When asked to select a profile, create or select a new/secondary profile using another e-mail account
"The game should start properly under that account"
3. Start the Tutorial
4. Save/Close the Tutorial
5. Switch Profile with X button from the Main menu
6. Select your main account
"The game started properly now for me"

RE: Deleting my saves from Console and Account didn't do anything for me neither did re-installing the game (multiple times). I'm not saying it won't help at all but the steps above were the only thing that worked for me. Creating a World on the Secondary account and switching to the main account didn't work either. Only after i went through the Tutorial part is when i noticed i got my main account working again.

I don't own a PS4 so i don't if the same steps can be applied or what the outcome will be.

Hope it helps!
I wished this helped for me but it didn’t and I really don’t want to give up and start fresh especially on another account but this is obviously frustrating to all, but I just want to enjoy this game and I’m not sure what’s really causing this issue. My friend can play it fine unless it’s a Xbox one X problem only, if that’s the case I hope someone finds what the cause is and addresses it because I just want to get back to playing. I’ve done all of what these forums have said and it leaves with the same outcome so for now I shall leave this game until I see the issue was fixed. I trust all developers are working hard so I wish them luck!

I have tried everything and the only thing that seems to work is disabling the map. This increases difficulty by a lot. I want to know if anyone has any other way to fix this.

Alright so I haven't been able to load up my game in 3 years now. I'll sign into my account and click the game and were it starts to load it up itll stop at 100% and wont let me go to the menu of the game. This is really annoying and its upsetting that you haven't fixed this bug yet. I paid for this game and I cant even play it, please fix it.

Back
Top Bottom