Xbox One Game won't save and exit

Almost32Nuns

Terrarian
Hi guys!

Got another issue here. I'm in a newly generated world with a legacy character. I keep selecting "Save & Exit" in the pause menu, but it isn't working. The flower shows up in the bottom right of the screen and remains animated for a time. After about a minute or two, the flower goes away and I can navigate the menu or resume my game, but it won't exit. I don't know if it's successfully saving the game, but I'm a little nervous to exit out via closing the game. I have tried this operation 3 times now with the same results. Does anybody know a work-around??

Thanks!

Don't close your game what ever you do. I just had this happen to me. Closed the game which DID fix it BUT nothing was saved. I have video proof as well.

Don't close your game what ever you do. I just had this happen to me. Closed the game which DID fix it BUT nothing was saved. I have video proof as well.

Yeah, I had to do it as well. I tried multiple methods for about an hour to get it to save. I believe it actually had something to do with my external hard drive. I remember bumping the cord that morning, and I don't believe I reset the game afterwards. I'm just glad it wasn't a bug that corrupted my save. =o

Yeah, I had to do it as well. I tried multiple methods for about an hour to get it to save. I believe it actually had something to do with my external hard drive. I remember bumping the cord that morning, and I don't believe I reset the game afterwards. I'm just glad it wasn't a bug that corrupted my save. =o

I don't have an external plugged in so I doubt it was cause of that. Same thing happened where the flower in the bottom right would spin fast and do nothing

I don't have an external plugged in so I doubt it was cause of that. Same thing happened where the flower in the bottom right would spin fast and do nothing

Hmmm, Must just be a bug then. I'll submit a report to the developers. Thanks! =D

Last edited:
this has been happening to me, multiple times, just happened about 2 minutes ago, a whole month and a half later and they still havent fixed this, that is totally unacceptable,

This has just happened to me for the first time as well, terribly infuriating seeing as I had just defeated the Wall of Flesh for the first time and unlocked Hard mode, and accrued many new items that I desperately needed to progress, and I really DON'T want to have to dashboard out and exit the game, I don't recall noticing if the autosave saved any time previous to this occurring or not. I'm going to attempt to add a second player to activate split screen to see if it does anything before I exit the game, wish me luck. If anybody finds a fix, please notify me, thanks.

this has been happening to me, multiple times, just happened about 2 minutes ago, a whole month and a half later and they still havent fixed this, that is totally unacceptable,

they announced an update for that and many other bugs, the PS4 got the update already but i guess xbox needs to confirm the update or something before it can go through, this was almost 2 days ago, so yea, we just wait, and nothing will fix it, adding splitscreen will just do the same thing, its happened about 12 times for me now, i cant stop playing because i love the game but i get so mad everytime it happens, until the patch goes through, i recommend save and exit every 15 minutes or so just to be safe if you love the game that much, its a pain, but yea

Like @MidnightKing15 mentioned, a new patch has been released for PS4. The Xbox One patch has been submitted, and will be released when Microsoft approves it.

More info here: New PS4 Patch Available Now! Xbox One Release Pending Certification Approval
I'm well aware of that now. That's one problem solved, but it seems like they haven't given attention to the UI being too large for some TV's, causing the screen to be cut off at the edges. I wonder if they'll ever add an option to adjust ingame resolution.

I have exactly the same bug and also I don’t know how to fix it. Hope that developers fix this.
[doublepost=1522344019,1522343953][/doublepost]
I'm well aware of that now. That's one problem solved, but it seems like they haven't given attention to the UI being too large for some TV's, causing the screen to be cut off at the edges. I wonder if they'll ever add an option to adjust ingame resolution.
Also have this bug, I chose to he magician and I can’t see my mana stars. ):

I’m also having this issue, I have also come across an issue that after I defeated golem my game will randomly start saving and will not complete the action. It gets very annoying

I have exactly the same bug and also I don’t know how to fix it. Hope that developers fix this.
[doublepost=1522344019,1522343953][/doublepost]
Also have this bug, I chose to he magician and I can’t see my mana stars. ):
I’m also having this issue, I have also come across an issue that after I defeated golem my game will randomly start saving and will not complete the action. It gets very annoying
For those of you with the game being cut off of the screen, see this list of current workarounds: Console 1.3 Transition and Workaround FAQ

And if you are still having Auto Save issues and crash issues with Golem after installing the last patch, I’d recommend sending in a bug report straight to the developers here: https://fs30.formsite.com/505games/form15/index.html

Include as much detail as possible, such as how large your world is, if it’s a legacy world, what gear you’re wearing, etc.

I got a bug on the WII U version where it would look like it was saving indefinitely on my new world and i guess you can't exit while saving, i have already lost 2 worlds to this glitch, pls help.

(edit): ok i turned of auto save and now it's ok but still anoying

Last edited:
Good to know autosave needs to be turned off, but I just lost a really productive 3 and half hours of gameplay to this frakked up glitch.

Back
Top Bottom