Games you love even though they suck

Rawrg

Pixel Pirate
Post a game that you love even though you know it isn't very good.

For me, this would be The Adventures of Tom Sawyer for the NES. I love the way it controls, the music, the sprites. It's just a likable game, despite it not being very well designed.

Fable III. A massive disappointment all around, but strangely enjoyable nevertheless.

I actually really like Saints row 3.

I don't think it's well designed and it's a dissapointment in comparison to saints row 2 but I have fun playing it.

probably sonic 06. it frustrates me like hell at times but its fun to mess around occasionally. i absolutely hate sonics super speed sections (especially the one in crisis city) and the glitches and control is usually my issue (ive had no problem with shadows story and its the only one ive completed, though i have yet to master omegas infinite hover glitch). also i find elise to be pointless and annoying (as everyone else) but its the only game that came into mind when i had to think of a game many hate (it could have been 1000x better if it wasnt rushed though)

Alice Madness Returns. Pretty repetitive gameplay, and somewhat buggy for me. It's just... the atmosphere... makes me...I don't know... G̵̰̱̪̙̻͓͈͓͕O̢͍͇͉̘̱̕ ̘̠̩͎̟̰́͟ͅͅI̸̡̪̲͎̫̱̠N̵̵̳̣̟͎̜̙̘͠Ś̷̠͉̯͔͈̬͙̫Ḁ̘̙̥̞̥N̸̰̳̼̗͍E͚̗̻̲̭͇̼̱̜͞͠?̶̦̯̱̩͎

Fallout 3/Skyrim, depending on who's talking.

Another is Counter Strike Condition Zero. I found it pretty fun, actually.

People hated that free game "Only If". I have no idea why. They all just hated it, for whatever reason. Sure, it wasn't the best game of its genre, far from it. But I honestly don't know why. Because I've never seen someone make a legitimate complaint about it.

Could not resist a playthrough of Castlevania II for a while. Definitely had flaws, but now I can mostly remember what to do.

EDIT: Now that I think about it, Devil May Cry 2 as well. It's not as good as the others, but it's still not all that bad. Can't make myself hate it.

Last edited:
Since most say grinding sucks, then I have a myriad of games which suck but I love. :dryadgrin:

Ahem... Valkyrie Crusade. It's a quite run-of-the-mill trading card game with semi-automated fights, for mobile devices, and it got stale and repetitive quite fast, but I kept on playing it a lot - I still play it once in a while.

Also, an old-time game, Cobra. If you didn't know what you were doing, the game was unwinnable. If you knew what each enemy did and how to counter it, the game ended in ten minutes. It was a bad game trying to milk money off an old Stallone movie, but I remember spending countless hours practicing, and then countless hours beating the game again and again.

Animal Crossing, any of them. I can only manage to play it a hour per day max before I get bored.

Dungeon Runners, Dead now that the servers were taken down 4 years ago. Had something that kept bringing me back but never hooked me in.

Minecraft, I don't have a creative bone in my body when it comes to building things. The mods just add stuff for me to do. I keep coming back to it though.

Hellgate London and Mythos. They killed two birds with one stone. They have a place in my heart still.

Ugh, I'd have to say I love/hate Sonic 06. Yes it's a glitchy, train-wreck of a game with a story that makes you wonder 'why is this a thing' but aside from all that, I get a laugh outta it when I'm watching others play it or playing it myself. The glitches make me laugh and the reactions from some people are hilarious. I'd say I like it more than Shadow the Hedgehog only because that game just went WAY too far.

Last edited:
Castlevania 2 Simon's Quest... It's one of those bad games that I enjoy playing for some dumb reason.
Rawrg likes it as well.

Oh my God, it's gotta be Two Worlds.

One of the poorest open-world RPGs ever conceived, and yet also strangely awesome and entertaining. I have to say that the main character makes it in that game. His 'mad dislocated limb flailing' method of combat never fails to make me laugh, not to mention his constant shouts of 'DIE CUR!', 'DIE DOG!', 'DIE FIEND!', and my all time favourite: "IT'S RAINING. DRIP, DRIP, DROP."

Also, they accidentally made the Wyverns in the game have the pig snorting sound effect instead of some generic growl. Nothing short of genius.

I'm surprised Goat Simulator hasn't come up yet.

SDGO just screams poor design, but playing as your favorite Gundam is quite fun.
Mount & Blade doesn't suck in any way, but it's kinda old and glitchy, so I thought it was worth mentioning. At least it qualifies for the "love" part.
Rogue Shooter kinda sucks, but I still think it's a blast to play.
One Piece Baseball sucks. It has the worst AI in the world, no control on your team apart from pitching and hitting, and it's in Japanese. I think the only reason I played it is because it's One Piece.

Back
Top Bottom