tModLoader GaMeTerraria

John Snail

Terrarian
Snow Don Icon.png

An experimental content mod with lots of personality.
Workshop | Alt. Download | Discord

Also known as GMTMod, this once tiny mod made for some friends has evolved into a project unlike any other!
There's lots here for everyone to enjoy.

Contents

Bosses

Lad.png

Renowned in some lands, feared in others. Lad had ventured far and wide, and made many allies and enemies, until he was mysteriously turned to stone and sealed away an indeterminate amount of time ago.

Fought around the same time as King Slime.

Expert: [coming soon!]
Master: [coming soon!]
Hornlitz.png

The fastest of the Bard's guards. Infused with lightning, her agility is unparalleled.

Summoned with a Transmitter, craftable with Wire.
Drops Charged Scales upon defeat.

Expert:
BackupStrat.png
The Backup Strat

Frost Legion has been given much love that it so badly needed, complete with a whole new boss!
The Snow Globe no longer summons the Frost Legion, and instead is obtainable from the start of the game, bestowing Christmas spirit on the world for a day.

Snow Angel.png

You may see Snow Angels carrying presents in the Snow biome. They'll drop them if hit hard enough, but killing one is ill-advised...
The colour of the present they're carrying indicates what's inside.
Item_599.png
Always drops the Snow Globe.
Item_601.png
Drops consumables and weapons.
Item_600.png
Drops blocks and vanity items.

SnowDon.png

The head honcho of the Frost Legion. He's ruthless to most, but he treats his gang like family.

It's recommended that you fight him with Skeletron-tier gear.
Drops Frost Cores upon defeat.

Expert: [coming soon!]
Stoffie.png

Ever wanted to fight the sun? Well, now you can!

Summoned in an unconventional way. It's recommended that you fight him with Golem-tier gear.
Upon defeat, you can trade one Shadow Chest weapon (excluding Dark Lance) for a sun-themed upgrade.

Expert:
SolarBattery.png
Solar Battery

Challenges
GMTMod explores ideas and parts of Terraria in challenges that take place in another dimension, such as parkour, battles with a twist, or even entirely different types of games! To access them, and redeem their rewards, speak with Revolver Axolot.
Revolver.png

CorruptedMind.png

Equipment Select.png

The Corruption and the Crimson have combined forces, and now you must defeat the powerful monsters that lie within both.
Fight the Eater of Worlds and Brain of Crimson at the same time!

Rewards:
DouvilScepter.png
Douvil Scepter
Brain of Crimson's drops in a Corrupt world, or Eater of Worlds' drops in a Crimson world​
Some familiar foes have just been recognized by the higher-ups for their hard work...and their raises are being taken out of your paycheck!
Fight a selection of enemies as if they were minibosses!​
(Currently, this challenge is unfinished, and only has every boss before Wall of Flesh.)

The ultimate test of knowledge and skill.
Fight every single boss back-to-back, with finite healing and buffs!

Do you have what it takes?​

Golfer Class
Ever thought golfing wasn't violent or absurd enough? Introducing a new class all about punting your enemies with balls in any way possible!
You can even golf with...less conventional objects.

Super Moves
Various weapons, new and old, use a new resource charged by staying close to foes: Flow. Some even become Super Moves, and involve time-stopping minigames!
Critical hit chance has been replaced with Super Power, which boosts the damage of these weapons.

Vanilla additions and changes
An overhaul all about combining 3 tiers of meals to discover exciting synergies! (33/80 complete)
Some of my favourites:

Apple Juice
Increases healing potion strength by 15

Elderberry
Increases damage by 5%
Poisons and slows you for the duration of the buff

Prismatic Punch
Using items fires homing magic stars

Christmas Pudding
Reduces damage taken by 25%
Healing Sickness for the duration of the buff
Cannot be consumed during Healing Sickness

Golden Delight
20% of damage done drops coins​
Wings have been revamped, giving them unique properties and similar flight times. (12/31 complete)​
Removed the regeneration penalty for moving.
Increased the mana regeneration penalty when low on mana. To compensate, mana potions now work like healing potions instead of lowering damage.
(The idea is that you are given a few choices when using mana: do you maintain it, use it all up and then restore it, or go all in?)​
Meteors now fall from smashing Shadow Orbs and Crimson Hearts again.
Meteorite can now be blown up after defeating Eater of Worlds/Brain of Crimson.
Meteors no longer fall randomly. Dropping a Transmitter in Shimmer will cause a meteor to fall.
Increased the health of Meteor Heads from 26 to 50, and their defence from 6 to 15.
(It's odd to lock Meteorite behind EoW/BoC when there are various, equally powerful items obtainable earlier. One meteor is usually sufficient for crafting, so random spawns are rather unnecessary and destructive.)​
In Expert Mode, enemies such as Casters, Paladins and Tortoises are no longer stunned by non-Melee damage.
(These enemies are interesting threats that get totally denied by simple attacks, and kind of feel more like punishment for not hitting them in time as a result. Terraria experts ought to know how these guys really fight! Melee still gets to shut them down, since it's all about getting up close, and you'd otherwise get shut down yourself.)​
Luck now uses a probability advantage system.
The following formulas assume n = denominator.
For positive luck, roll a number from 0 to n, and another from (n * (1 - luck)) to n. Pick the LOWER roll.
For negative luck, roll a number from 0 to n, and another from 0 to (n * -luck). Pick the HIGHER roll.
(Vanilla luck rerolls are pretty nonsensical, and I was convinced to replace it with a better, more straightforward system. However, it does amplify luck quite a bit, so it may need tweaking.)​
Increased tile and wall placing speed by 25% and 17% respectively. Using any other item halves it for 2 seconds.
(This is relevant for a certain area. Smile)​
Increased acceleration from 0.08 to 0.15.
(The player's terrible acceleration seems to make grappling and dashes feel vital, or encourage fleeing from enemies. This is an attempt to alleviate that.)​
Added Dave (language).
Thought For the Worthy couldn't get any more awful? Think again.

Dave will call. And you better answer.

Dave.png

Videos

Credits

John Snail
(that's me!)
Maskano, for contributing tons of sprites to the mod! It wouldn't still be here without him or Aleksh.
Aleksh, for contributing sprites and boss art to the mod! (also, Lad)
Hornlitz, for composing some awesome music for the mod! (and being a boss in the mod)
ENNWAY, for composing some awesome music for the mod!
Lemonful Tea, for contributing sprites to the mod, and helping with finishing Snow Don.
Blasko, for contributing the mod icon and challenge art.
rekasaurus, for designing Grug's World and contributing art to the mod.
ArcaineBike41304, for contributing tons of art to the mod!
Spiralviper, for his support, and helping during the early days of the mod.
davedavidsondaniel, for being a bad influence.
IbSilent, for his support, and contributing builds to the mod.
SnowyStarfall, for her support, and helping with programming a little bit.
Lunastela, for programming the Grug's World background.
Jonny Atma and the GaMetal community, for being super cool people and inspiring me to make this mod. <3

Attachments

• Snow Don Icon.png
    Snow Don Icon.png
    47.2 KB · Views: 262
Last edited:
Ever wondered what Terraria would be like as a shoot-'em-up?...probably not, but GMT's second challenge turns the game into just that!
(very work in progress, as i'm sure you could tell from the gravity-defying terrarian)
Hey thatçs really cool

Holy, this mod is awesome, it doesn't focus on content but more on mechanic, I like this. I will check GaMetal out for sure;)

Hey, whenever I try to do the "corrupted brain" challenge from the my game crashes. I have plenty of mods on so that might be the issue but are there any other possible known issues that could cause it? Should I try to ask the creators of the pocket dimension mod?

I'm currently trying this mod out in a playthrough, and i'm almost certain that for some reason GaMeTerraria is bugging out VeinMiner, cause its not working what-so-ever.

Also, I tried summoning Stoffie but they never showed up, and any attempts afterward at summoning them didnt work.

Last edited:
whoops, almost forgot i made this thread

Hey, whenever I try to do the "corrupted brain" challenge from the my game crashes. I have plenty of mods on so that might be the issue but are there any other possible known issues that could cause it? Should I try to ask the creators of the pocket dimension mod?
Fixed this for the next update. For now, the solution is to downgrade to Subworld Library 1.1.0.2.

I'm currently trying this mod out in a playthrough, and i'm almost certain that for some reason GaMeTerraria is bugging out VeinMiner, cause its not working what-so-ever.
Also, I tried summoning Stoffie but they never showed up, and any attempts afterward at summoning them didnt work.
Should also be fixed. The current workaround is to re-enter the world after summoning him once.

Is Jonny Atma's damage going to be rebalanced in future updates? An NPC having 60+ damage in a pre-Boss world seems strange.

Man, I don't really have words for this but like-
John, you're a legend.
Your contributions to the tModLoader community are immense and you don't get enough credit for it.
I really hope this GaMeTerraria turns out well, and I wish you the best of luck on this and your future projects.

Man, I don't really have words for this but like-
John, you're a legend.
Your contributions to the tModLoader community are immense and you don't get enough credit for it.
I really hope this GaMeTerraria turns out well, and I wish you the best of luck on this and your future projects.
Haha, thank you so much!
GMT had been struggling with obscurity (and a lack of developers as a result) for quite a long time, but after AP STP's showcase, it's steadily getting more attention. Which is great, because I've got TONS of cool stuff I want to do in the future.

Das so cool :O.

I wonder, does it work multiplayer? Like... Can i go to missions without getting my friend?
I just really want it.

I've been enjoying the mod a lot so far, however it seems that when this mod is active it bugs out veinminer, and seemingly makes water entirely stationary. Would be nice to have this be fixed in a future update!

Back
Top Bottom