Gaming PC help?

What the actual hell am I looking at? That's the biggest scam I've ever seen. Save $14500 and build your own top-tier PC for $2000-4000. I'll put you together a build if you want.

sure and thanks! But will it do all i want?

Budget is $16,000

This build should far outperform that other you linked, and for $6000 less. If you'd like I can use the spare budget to get you some top-tier peripherals, like headphones and keyboards.

https://pcpartpicker.com/list/GTbWLJ

PCPartPicker part list / Price breakdown by merchant

CPU: AMD - Threadripper 2950X 3.5 GHz 16-Core Processor ($879.99 @ Amazon)
CPU Cooler: Enermax - LIQTECH TR4 II 360 102.17 CFM Liquid CPU Cooler ($151.99 @ Newegg)
Motherboard: MSI - MEG X399 CREATION EATX TR4 Motherboard ($534.49 @ Newegg)
Memory: G.Skill - Trident Z 128 GB (8 x 16 GB) DDR4-3866 Memory ($1629.99 @ Newegg)
Storage: Samsung - 970 Evo 2 TB M.2-2280 Solid State Drive ($497.99 @ Amazon)
Video Card: NVIDIA - TITAN RTX 24 GB Video Card (2-Way SLI) ($2499.99 @ Newegg)
Case: be quiet! - DARK BASE PRO 900 | ORANGE rev. 2 ATX Full Tower Case ($268.98 @ SuperBiiz)
Power Supply: Corsair - 1600 W 80+ Titanium Certified Fully-Modular ATX Power Supply ($339.99 @ Amazon)
Total: $10299.38
Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available
Generated by PCPartPicker 2019-01-15 10:47 EST-0500

Is this good or bad ? https://www.digitalstorm.com/configurator.asp?id=2208222

Is 4 GPUs good or bad for gaming ?

I'm trying to get a Apex gaming pc that can record games and maybe streaming ,Oh and video editing and stuff.

Thank you for you're time and help ,sorry for any grammar/spelling errors.
I would go with a good cyberpowerpc for a pre built, but if you want to play games and stream you should tell me you budget and if you would be willing to build one if it would be a better value
[doublepost=1547576783,1547576641][/doublepost]
sure and thanks! But will it do all i want?

Budget is $16,000
ok i would build a PC with a threadripper and the best GPU you can get a good motherboard and everything else
(16000 is a lot i would build a good one for like 10000 max and save money

I would go with a good cyberpowerpc for a pre built, but if you want to play games and stream you should tell me you budget and if you would be willing to build one if it would be a better value
[doublepost=1547576783,1547576641][/doublepost]
ok i would build a PC with a threadripper and the best GPU you can get a good motherboard and everything else
(16000 is a lot i would build a good one for like 10000 max and save money
sure and thanks!
[doublepost=1547591849][/doublepost]
This build should far outperform that other you linked, and for $6000 less. If you'd like I can use the spare budget to get you some top-tier peripherals, like headphones and keyboards.

https://pcpartpicker.com/list/GTbWLJ

PCPartPicker part list / Price breakdown by merchant

CPU: AMD - Threadripper 2950X 3.5 GHz 16-Core Processor ($879.99 @ Amazon)
CPU Cooler: Enermax - LIQTECH TR4 II 360 102.17 CFM Liquid CPU Cooler ($151.99 @ Newegg)
Motherboard: MSI - MEG X399 CREATION EATX TR4 Motherboard ($534.49 @ Newegg)
Memory: G.Skill - Trident Z 128 GB (8 x 16 GB) DDR4-3866 Memory ($1629.99 @ Newegg)
Case: be quiet! - DARK BASE PRO 900 | ORANGE rev. 2 ATX Full Tower Case ($268.98 @ SuperBiiz)
Power Supply: Corsair - 1600 W 80+ Titanium Certified Fully-Modular ATX Power Supply ($339.99 @ Amazon)
Total: $10299.38
Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available
Generated by PCPartPicker 2019-01-15 10:47 EST-0500
Wow ,that is cool! But form what i have learned more cpu cores are bad for gaming ,right? Oh and what is the difference between the AMD CPU you picked and Intel CPU?

The budget is $16,000 you do not have to use it all.
If possible i would like a pre built gaming pc that can do all i want. Oh and what changes are needed for the Digital storm pc to make it do all i want and be cheaper ?

Last edited:
sure and thanks!
Wow ,that is cool! But form what i have learned more cpu cores are bad for gaming ,right? Oh and what is the difference between the AMD CPU you picked and Intel CPU?

If possible i would like a pre built gaming pc that can do all i want. Oh and what changes are needed for the Digital storm pc to make it do all i want and be cheaper ?
here is a good pc
https://www.cyberpowerpc.com/system/AMD-Threadripper-Ultimate
i would get the thermaltake case instead, maybe upgrade fans, upgrade CPU cooler, the ram should be fin 32 gigs is a lot, the GPU is fine but if you want upgrade it,
if you want to stream you may want to add a capture card, the PSU is fine, add a nice SSD or HDD or both, add a wifi card unless you want to use Ethernet (Ethernet is faster) you do not need a sound card, change cables if you like look. you can buy a monitor keyboard and mouse and mouse pad if you want new ones.

sure and thanks!

Increasing cores is good for gaming, I'm not sure where you got that. If you don't want the hassle of building, I suggest you to go /r/buildapc on reddit and look for a reputable service to put together the part list I sent you. Paying someone to build your PC for you will always be superior to buying a prebuilt from services like ibuypower, as they those tend to put together their builds very crappily and mismatch parts that you will have to pay for later.

here is a good pc
https://www.cyberpowerpc.com/system/AMD-Threadripper-Ultimate
i would get the thermaltake case instead, maybe upgrade fans, upgrade CPU cooler, the ram should be fin 32 gigs is a lot, the GPU is fine but if you want upgrade it,
if you want to stream you may want to add a capture card, the PSU is fine, add a nice SSD or HDD or both, add a wifi card unless you want to use Ethernet (Ethernet is faster) you do not need a sound card, change cables if you like look. you can buy a monitor keyboard and mouse and mouse pad if you want new ones.
How's this? http://www.cyberpowerpc.com/saved/1L7M40

Increasing cores is good for gaming, I'm not sure where you got that. If you don't want the hassle of building, I suggest you to go /r/buildapc on reddit and look for a reputable service to put together the part list I sent you. Paying someone to build your PC for you will always be superior to buying a prebuilt from services like ibuypower, as they those tend to put together their builds very crappily and mismatch parts that you will have to pay for later.
Thanks for the info ,i checked out the reddit and i'm very overwhelmed buy it ,any help on that would be nice if possible.

i think some stuff is unneeded like 2 GPUs do not give you that much better performance and the 2 GPUs ram do not stack
do you really want a DVD drive or more USBs? for that is unneeded and that case is really big, a sound card will not make the audio much better.
for i can make it cheaper and run about the same
[doublepost=1547600502,1547600470][/doublepost]
i think some stuff is unneeded like 2 GPUs do not give you that much better performance and the 2 GPUs ram do not stack
do you really want a DVD drive or more USBs? for that is unneeded and that case is really big, a sound card will not make the audio much better.
for i can make it cheaper and run about the same
i want to help you get a good PC without paying for unneeded stuff so you can buy games and stuff

go with the cyberpowerpc and cuz your budget i would add all of the $5 stuff at the beginning for backups, and i would take off the razer mouse and go for a
Logitech G502 or this mouse https://www.logitechg.com/en-us/products/gaming-mice/g903-wireless-gaming-mouse.html cuz it is a really good mouse.
If you want a sound card you can it mite help if you really want to work with professional sound. but if you want one later down the line buy a sound card.
you should be able to stream really well with it, it is a beast of a PC.

go with the cyberpowerpc and cuz your budget i would add all of the $5 stuff at the beginning for backups, and i would take off the razer mouse and go for a
Logitech G502 or this mouse https://www.logitechg.com/en-us/products/gaming-mice/g903-wireless-gaming-mouse.html cuz it is a really good mouse.
If you want a sound card you can it mite help if you really want to work with professional sound. but if you want one later down the line buy a sound card.
you should be able to stream really well with it, it is a beast of a PC.
Thanks a lot for all of you're help! Do you know any godlike keyboards?

Thanks a lot for all of you're help! Do you know any godlike keyboards?
I am using a old HP keyboard but razer ones are good and if they have razer chroma there will be settings for special lights for terraria and you can make your own.
Logitech G ones mite be good Corsair is also a good idea. I would go with a razer one tho.this one looks good
https://www.razer.com/gaming-keyboards-keypads/razer-blackwidow-x-chroma
if you want any more help i will be online tomorrow i have to go to bed.

I am using a old HP keyboard but razer ones are good and if they have razer chroma there will be settings for special lights for terraria and you can make your own.
Logitech G ones mite be good Corsair is also a good idea. I would go with a razer one tho.this one looks good
https://www.razer.com/gaming-keyboards-keypads/razer-blackwidow-x-chroma
if you want any more help i will be online tomorrow i have to go to bed.
Goodnight and thanks again for you're help!

Back
Top Bottom