Steam
Single Player/Multiplayer
Both
Operating System
Windows 10
Terraria Version
Controls Used
Keyboard/Mouse
Hi, I'm currently doing a texture pack and found a visual bug for garden gnomes caused by the texture used.

The texture was made as one continuous piece for each gnome, but given that the gnomes are 2 tiles high, the game "cuts" one row in the middle of the sprite.
Besides this, the top part of the gnome is 17 pixels high, while the tiles are only 16 pixels high. This makes the bottom and top part of the gnome to overlap in the middle, hiding the bottom row from the top part.

This efectively removes 2 rows of pixels from the gnomes sprites. Somehow it look quite ok but when you look at the original sprite you can see that they look a lot better there, most of the gnomes loose either piece of their face or their hat.

Here's a comparison showing the original texture, the ones rendered in the game and a third one showing the real limits in the texture.
Tiles_567.png

Note that the line in the middle has double width because of the height problem stated above.

This could be easily fixed redoing the texture removing 1-2 rows from the gnomes. Most of them have one free row on top that could be used, and the other row could be removed from the hat to ensure that the face is complete (most of the gnomes barely have a face currently).

Even if it's a graphic oversight, I think they look kind of silly with their cap covering most of their face, so, maybe those variants could stay as well or something in additions to adding the fixed sprites. that might be just my opinion though...

Back
Top Bottom