Weapons & Equip Gas mask

kingklutz

Retinazer
Terrarian gas-mask

7E0of2p.png

Thanks to @Vikri and here is his thread, be sure to check it out

http://forums.terraria.org/index.php?threads/vikri-s-awesomazing-sprite-thread.5722/

Anyways

Gasmask

NEW RECIPE (with thanks to craftenightmare here!)

4 lenses
10 iron/lead bars
20 silk
[/U]

The idea is a vanity item that looks pretty cool.

Alternatively it could be used as early game protection.

A new buff called Extended breathing, this allows said user to be able to breathe trapped under sand for 10 seconds. However if this time runs out then the player will take 75% of the normal damage,( @CraftedNightmare Here! made this point)
+1 defence

Hardmode Gas mask

This was suggested by @Mebybemn and a damn good one :)

We all know that the Ankh shield is the gods of all accesories (well making it is at least) however it still doesn't protect against venom. So what we could have is:

'The Medicinal' Gasmask
image.jpg
With thanks to @Pinelord
Recipe:
1x Gasmask
1x Bezoar
20 viles of venom
+2 defence
This is to prevent the venom debuff and grants the extended breathing buff and has a little boost to defence

Heated Gasmask
image.jpg
With thanks to @Pinelord

Recipe:
1x Gasmask
1x Warm Mittens
+2 defence
This is to prevent the chilled, frozen, Frost burn debuff's and grants the extended breathing buff

Professional Gasmask
image.jpg
With thanks to @Pinelord

Recipe:
1x 'The Cure' Gasmask
1x Heated Gasmask
+3 defence
Protects against the Venom, chilled, frozen and frostbite debuffs while granting the extended breathing buff, with an extra grant to defence

I'll see if I can get someone to sprite these

With This i think a low level flamethrower would be a good idea but i don't know of someone has already suggested it.

I still think the frying pan would be a great suggestion, just saying lol

Well that's my suggestion thanks :)[/U]

I will add another Gasmask related to swimming later

Here is a recipe thing to make it easier(i hope)
image.jpg

Last edited:
This is really cool :passionate: You could maybe even make this combine with bezoar to protect from poison, venom, and suffocation debuffs, a Filter Gas Mask(?). Since the Ankh Shield doesn't protect from venom or suffocation this could be a contender with the Anhk for debuff protection if combined with some other items like the warm mittens to make a insulated gas mask that protects from chilled, frozen, poison, venom, and suffocation (plus 2 defense?). Could balance the Anhk Shield with those debuff protections.

(Flamethrower with this would be awesome!)

Immunity to suffocation?
So this thing will let you wander the bottom of lakes and such? This thing will allow you to just stay in sand when its crushing you? Lose the gas mask name, change it to
"Sand Diving Mask"

Immunity to suffocation?
So this thing will let you wander the bottom of lakes and such? This thing will allow you to just stay in sand when its crushing you? Lose the gas mask name, change it to
"Sand Diving Mask"

Drowning and Suffication are different things, so no drowning protection. Maybe only something like 7 seconds of suffocation would make more sense.

Also you just gave me a idea for a really cool accessory that allows free travel right under the surface of sand (like a worm)

Drowning and Suffication are different things, so no drowning protection. Maybe only something like 7 seconds of suffocation would make more sense.

Also you just gave me a idea for a really cool accessory that allows free travel right under the surface of sand (like a worm)
In that case I'll go ahead and make a suggestion for such an item. :naughty:

Not bad but lose the no suffocation thing or make it crimson friendly.

How about this crafting recipe instead:
Bezoar (x1), Silk (x15), Lens (x2)

Provides 2 defense and immunity to poison and venom

Combines with Warm Mittens to provide immunity to poison, venom, chilled, and frozen.

Combines with Warm Mittens to provide immunity to poison, venom, chilled, and frozen.
Cool! I'll make a sprite for the Mittens + mask.

Bezoar!? That'd be a waste, that's a precious ingredient in the Ankh shield and no one wants to get rid of that unless they have 2. Also isn't this a pre hardmode item that'd have nearly no use in HM?

Bezoar!? That'd be a waste, that's a precious ingredient in the Ankh shield and no one wants to get rid of that unless they have 2. Also isn't this a pre hardmode item that'd have nearly no use in HM?
You cant get a bezoar pre-harmode? I didn't find the rarity a problem i had like 4 by the time i even thought about making the ankh.

Though the Anhk doesn't protect from chilled, venom or frozen. So maybe if it was combined with the Warm Mittens and gave venom immune it could prove useful. Plus with the amount of time you spend in the jungle it would not surprise me if you got more than one.

I suppose i can make a hard mode variant. With the no suffocation as a noob terrarian sand would be my demise lol. Sooo is the things @Mebybemn said gonna be another suggestion or in this one?

Back
Top Bottom