Gem Lock Dependent Teleporter

FairyPrincessSerenity

Empress of Light
My friend made me realize that I needed to release this schematic to the public before it's lost forever. I wanted to see if it was possible to have a gem lock determine where a teleporter would send you, and this thing ended up doing just that. I made it long ago and completely forgot how I did it in the first place.

The function is quite simple. The middle teleporter will send you to a different teleporter but which one it sends you to depends entirely on whether or not there's a gem set into the center lock. Since looking at it yesterday, (mostly from trying to reverse-engineer it to remember how it works) I've figured out that you can chain a new circuit to the teleporter destination of the previous circuit, allowing you to have multiple circuits in a chain, allowing for different gem lock varieties to be used.

This device is best used for adventure maps and home security.

Gem_Teleporter.png

Buttons are something I try to avoid in security devices since things like the Xenopopper and pets can trigger them. This is also true with mob statues and the Stardust Dragon.

Speaking of buttons, I built this just for the fun of it.

Gem_Teleporter_2.png

The gem lock activates the first dart trap, which sets off a sequence of dart traps leading to the player being teleported to the area up above. As I'm making this post, I realize that the dart traps don't even need to be actuated at all. Oh well.

My friend made me realize that I needed to release this schematic to the public before it's lost forever. I wanted to see if it was possible to have a gem lock determine where a teleporter would send you, and this thing ended up doing just that. I made it long ago and completely forgot how I did it in the first place.

The function is quite simple. The middle teleporter will send you to a different teleporter but which one it sends you to depends entirely on whether or not there's a gem set into the center lock. Since looking at it yesterday, (mostly from trying to reverse-engineer it to remember how it works) I've figured out that you can chain a new circuit to the teleporter destination of the previous circuit, allowing you to have multiple circuits in a chain, allowing for different gem lock varieties to be used.

This device is best used for adventure maps and home security.

View attachment 194417

So, basically it's just a flip-flop gate that needs a gem to switch where it teleports you. You should be able to do this without the extra AND gates and just have the faulty flip-flop gate do it.

Nice. Now I can try and convince theives that I've got nothing. Did you know xenopopper bubbles set off yellow pressure plates?

And yes I discovered that when I was making my Duck Hunt mini-game. XD

Last edited:
Thanks for this. Now I can hide my extra teleport station right in my base because I'm probably the only one out of my friends who knows this!

Back
Top Bottom