Gem lock -> logic gate not working

Sanford

Terrarian
I wanted to create an actuator door that activates when 7 gem locks have the stones placed inside. I went about doing this by creating a 7-input AND gate, and wiring each input up to a gem lock. Unfortunately, it seems that gem locks create an instantaneous signal (1 frame), and that logic lamps require constant signal, like real logic gates. I wasn't able to figure out a way to get them to interface, and I need help. It's going to be so cool!

Fixed the problem. For some reason, the logic gates were off when the gems were in rather than the other way around, so replacing the AND gate with a NOR gate solved the problem.

Glad you solved it. And just to clarify, there is no such thing as a constant signal in Terraria. The logic lamps sort if simulate it, but they are still controlled by the same kind of "pulse" or "toggle" signal used every other trigger and device the game.

Actually, that would explain it. I wired up the gate after putting the gems in the locks, assuming it would still be sending the signal, but instead, it only sent one when they were removed.

It's probably for the best anyway. I want the gate to be open when I load up the world, and mechanisms default to 'off' when that happens.

Back
Top Bottom