Blocks & Decoration Gem Trees

Well?

• Gem In The Making

Votes: 119 93.0%
  • Dirty Broken Glass

Votes: 9 7.0%

• Total voters
A well constructed chlorophyte farm can produce a fair bit of chlorophyte. Just check out dicemanx's glowing shroom/chlorophyte/crystal shard farm. If u replace the shrooms with trees then you have a farm for all the other resources.

Freenight, such a delightful suggestion you have here, that's a PC exclusive... exclusive...? Why?

Anyways this is great ('cept for that exclusive part) but one question do these things grow upside down or..?

Edit: So they do grow upside down, great!

Simple all you need is decent farms for crystal shards, chlorophyte and acorns... chlorophyte is pointless in the endgame other than for bullets, same with the crystal shards and acorns are used for trees and thats it.
Set up a wide flat area with ~25 blocks underneath it made out of air. Lets say we go with diamonds
If you start with 3 trees and get an average of 10 on your first harvest the next planting is worth 10 trees
After that the next harvest (If you still get an average of 10 per tree) is worth 100 gems!
after 33 trees are harvested you get 330 crystals
after 110 trees are harvested you get 1100 Gems!
if you keep 100 of them and sell the 1000 then you will have made 3 plat
if you save them all by the time you hist ~10000 trees a harvest is worth 100000 gems or 300 platinum coins!
Obviously they would take a fair while but with enough patience it wouldn't be hard to farm 1000's of gems
Might take more than 1-2 hours but the potential for abuse is still there
1-2 hours isn’t a short time period in Terraria and there are much better sources of income. Take it this way, you can either sell a diamond, or kill a single armored bones.

Also, you don’t plant the gems themselves, you plant the seed. So 1 tree won’t give you 10 more trees.

Sigh...
If you start with 3 trees and get an average of 10 on your first harvest the next planting is worth 10 trees
3 trees * 10 gems = 30 gems / 3 gems = 10 trees in the second planting
This number grows exponentially

Freenight, such a delightful suggestion you have here, that's a PC exclusive... exclusive...? Why?
Truth be told, I'm getting tired of seeing you raise ire about the tags. Unless the suggestion specifically said in the OP that it is exclusive, the tag doesn't mean much.

I considered this a long time ago, and a simple solution would be to slow down the rate of growth exponentially in direct proportion to the number of specific Gem Trees in the world. I suppose people can just jump worlds for that, but if they are willing to go so far, they are welcome to it.

Does that address your issue?

Truth be told, I'm getting tired of seeing you raise ire about the tags. Unless the suggestion specifically said in the OP that it is exclusive, the tag doesn't mean much.

I considered this a long time ago, and a simple solution would be to slow down the rate of growth exponentially in direct proportion to the number of specific Gem Trees in the world. I suppose people can just jump worlds for that, but if they are willing to go so far, they are welcome to it.

Does that address your issue?
How many of my posts have you seen!? Anyways... I guess I'll stop. But I still don't see why people would tag their suggestions if they don't intend for them to be exclusives.

Because, like me, it could've been a mis-tagging. Or it could be that I hoped it has a chance of making it into 1.3. In deference to that, I refuse to remove that tag because it reminds me that I made a mistake, so I needn't do it again. There's nothing quite like a visual reminder of your mistake(s).

If you wish to continue raising issue about it on other threads, that's your choice, and I won't say a word. However, this is my thread, and I do not appreciate people raising an issue that has little to no bearing to the suggestion.

Because, like me, it could've been a mis-tagging. Or it could be that I hoped it has a chance of making it into 1.3. In deference to that, I refuse to remove that tag because it reminds me that I made a mistake, so I needn't do it again. There's nothing quite like a visual reminder of your mistake(s).

If you wish to continue raising issue about it on other threads, that's your choice, and I won't say a word. However, this is my thread, and I do not appreciate people raising an issue that has little to no bearing to the suggestion.
@Seeker was perfectly on point here, Tagging is perfectly important if someone isn't going to use it properly it's the thread that is the thing that's not meaningful not the poor usage of the tag.

This idea seems cool, I'd like to see a stoney earthy tree for the sprite. Everything here seems to be well planned out and seemingly balanced. I love my colored torches, so support. I'd very much like to see smaller suggestions like these get in the game.

@Teal thanks! Thought I was in for a scolding but I guess not, tagging is important. If its a mistake its understandable but otherwise...

I'm not too sure about making the gems renewable... but more variety and some pretty new flora? I'm definitely in agreement with that! I'd happily settle for it just being a visual thing, if necessary. (Though if visual only, it'd be nice if it could grow anywhere.)

I'm not too sure about making the gems renewable... but more variety and some pretty new flora? I'm definitely in agreement with that! I'd happily settle for it just being a visual thing, if necessary. (Though if visual only, it'd be nice if it could grow anywhere.)
Well why not make them renewable?

I'm glad that you made it Hardmode,because otherwise everybody at least lucky enough to find 3 diamonds (Not including me) on their first night,which is pretty easy if you find a cave,they would have a diamond staff and robe,if they can also scrunch up a few platinum bars. (Which can happen as early as around day 3)

I realized there is no sapling sprite.
I never did bother @Milt69466 for them. They are simply meant as visual aids and eye candies. Plus it's relatively easy to grasp the concept. Also, since he did it without any payment, I didn't feel like pushing the matter further.

To be honest, I myself am not fond of renewable ores. I excluded gems from that train of thought simply from the sheer rarity of them in a world compared to generated ores, both PHM and HM.

I can literally grow money on trees? Support.
Well, modern money is just ink printed on paper with a bank mark on them. And paper comes from pulped trees. So money growing on trees is quite literal.

Back
Top Bottom