Steam
Single Player/Multiplayer
Single
Operating System
Windows 10
Terraria Version
Controls Used
Keyboard/Mouse
They are visibly made of stone, and the fact that bamboo trees are mined with pickaxes makes this weirder

Hello, so, I came back here after 1 year and I saw your messages. Why isn't this a bug though? Is it because coding gem trees to be mined with pickaxes would cause unexpected issues due to them being classified as regular trees in the game code?
Also, about what whoneedsnamestbh said, this is because ALL solid blocks and decorations, with no exceptions, are mined with a pickaxe. This is not something that applies only to wood and blocks obtained from plants that you can chop-down with an axe. I pointed out bamboo being mineable with a pickaxe because it's wood-based and also a tree, so the most logical thing would be it being mined with an axe instead. However, the gemstone trees being mined with a pickaxe instead is way more nonsense, becase if we need to mine bamboo with a pickaxe, why don't we need to do the same with gem stone trees? I mean, they are made of stone!

Hello, so, I came back here after 1 year and I saw your messages. Why isn't this a bug though? Is it because coding gem trees to be mined with pickaxes would cause unexpected issues due to them being classified as regular trees in the game code?
Also, about what whoneedsnamestbh said, this is because ALL solid blocks and decorations, with no exceptions, are mined with a pickaxe. This is not something that applies only to wood and blocks obtained from plants that you can chop-down with an axe. I pointed out bamboo being mineable with a pickaxe because it's wood-based and also a tree, so the most logical thing would be it being mined with an axe instead. However, the gemstone trees being mined with a pickaxe instead is way more nonsense, becase if we need to mine bamboo with a pickaxe, why don't we need to do the same with gem stone trees? I mean, they are made of stone!
Ultimatley, it's not up to me - but to me it makes sense. The gem trees are trees, so you mine them with an axe, like all other trees in the game. Bamboo is a bit of an exception, sure, but I'd argue if anything that one is wrong, not these. Cutting down trees with an axe but using a picaxe to mine their wood blocks is just as consistent as using an axe for gem trees but a pickaxe for stone IMO.

Back
Top Bottom