General Pre-Hardmode starting

Yoshi28

Brain of Cthulhu
Q: What should I do to start my journey?
A:The first thing you should do is to chop down trees and make a decent sized house. 8 blocks high and 30blocks wide should do it. Then, make a work bench, place a door, background walls, a chair and a table and you should be set. Then, if you look for a little out left or right, you should see a cave entrance. Look for a chest for somebetter loot. Explore the cave deeper for some decent loot. Afterwards, it would be a good idea to start looking for an ice biome. Inside one of these caves, you might find a chest containing useful items like the Ice Blade and Snowball Cannon. You should probably seal up this cavern so enemies do not come inside. After you have a decent snow weapon, dig straight down in the jungle. Harvest vines, stingers and spores,10 on pc, mobile and console, or 12 on 3DS. Then, make a fresh set of jungle armor. Then, get ready for the first boss fight of the game. When you are ready to fight it, head under ground and look for a golden chest. If you find one, there is a 20% chance you will receive a Suspicious Looking Eye, but before you use it, make an arena. A standard arena will have long roads of wooden platforms. When night comes, get ready for a boss fight against the Eye of Cthulhu.

Last edited:
Shouldn’t you go down to the ice biome to get powerful weapons such as the Snowball Cannon and Ice blade, blocking off enemies along the way?

Shouldn’t you go down to the ice biome to get powerful weapons such as the Snowball Cannon and Ice blade, blocking off enemies along the way?
And the flinx staff, best weapon in prehardmode being a minion means its free damage, it doesn't matter what your main weapon is adding some flinxes increases your damage output. Not only is it the first minion you get but its also the most reliable minion in pre hardmode and has better dps than the post boss minions.

I usually wait on Hellevator until post-Eater or Brain when I have a better pickaxe and money supplies to pay for tons of bombs. And surviving in the Jungle pre-boss takes a lot of skill, and probably isn’t an immediate choice for someone playing for the first time.
Tunnel around, avoiding enemies
If a snatcher spawns, dig around it or use a vilethorn

Tunnel around, avoiding enemies
If a snatcher spawns, dig around it or use a vilethorn

Vilethorn is a problem in of itself because you have to go on a dive straight down into Corruption first, at which point you might as well just fight the first few bosses anyway. And with the exception of Boomstick, you do have to engage a good number of Hornets or Spiked Slimes in order to make anything of worth.

Back
Top Bottom