NPCs & Enemies Generic Town NPCs as critters

Julliant

Terrarian
An idea that came to my mind while I was thinking of how to add more life to towns.

Since 3 NPCs living close enough will create a town minibiome, and critter spawns can be affected by biomes, how about having having critters that look like generic RPG town folk that only spawn in town minibiomes?

They would be uncapturable, and perhaps made to be immune to player killing somehow.

This would help people who enjoy building towns or large bases as it can make the place seem more bustling and active, while not cluttering the actual town NPC user interface.

Last edited:
This is something on the line why the placeable guards and civilians came to be, in my mod. Though they're not able to move, because they're just furnitures that look like NPCs...

There are ideas about moving NPCs too, but that would require all sorts of stuff, so they could be placed where the player wants them, to not end up being in the way, or anything, and all of them are fitting for the build's/town's atmosphere the player wants.

Having them being random would be an easier approach, but potencially with some issues, like loitering around places where they shouldn't, or not fitting the theme of a building, as well as that if they do are fitting, they won't stay for long, because they'll despawn soon after you left the town.

Back
Top Bottom