tModLoader Geronimo's Tinkerings [ABANDONED]

Geronimo!

Golem
Geronimo's Tinkerings
Current Version: 1.2

NOTE: This mod has been abandoned, and will not receive future updates. Thank you to whoever used this!

As a veteran player of almost 2800 hours, there are some very microscopic things about Terraria that I don't really like, almost nitpicks. Items being too much of a grind to obtain, items being too powerful, etc. And that is, for the most part, what this mod is about. Just minor changes to Terraria that try to be balanced while removing some of the annoyances. It might evolve into something bigger in the future, but for now, that's what it is. Expect updates to be irregular as my motivation grows and wanes.

A config has finally been added, so you can enable/disable features to your liking. The more controversial additions are disabled by default, so be sure to enable them if you wish to use them.

Fragments from Enemies
Enemies from the Lunar Pillars now have a chance to drop their respective fragments after the Moon Lord has been defeated. It is a 10% chance (20% in Expert Mode) from all enemies except Twinkles and small Star Cells for Stardust Fragments and Alien Larvae for Vortex Fragments.

Boosted Drops
Some enemies had drops introduced to them and the drop rate of some items were increased. Only items where the drop chance was either odd or was especially ridiculous had their drop chances boosted.
- Armored Vikings now drop the Viking Helmet at a 2% chance.
- King Slime now drops the Slime Staff at a 25% chance.
- The drop chance of Blindfolds and Megaphones from Dark Mummies increased from 0.5% (1% in Expert Mode) to 1% (2% in Expert Mode).
- The drop chance of Fast Clocks and Megaphones from Pixies increased from 0.5% (1% in Expert Mode) to 1% (2% in Expert Mode).
- The drop chance of Frozen Turtle Shells from Ice Tortoises increased from 1% to 2%.
- The drop chance of Money Troughs from Blood Zombies and Dripplers was increased from 0.5% (1% in Expert Mode) to 1% (2% in Expert Mode).
- The drop chance of Rods of Discord from Chaos Elementals was increased from 0.2% to 0.4%.
- The drop chance of Wisps in a Bottle from Blue Armored Bones, Rusty Armored Bones and Hell Armored Bones was increased from 0.25% (0.375% chance in Expert Mode) to 0.33% (0.5% in Expert Mode)
- The drop chance of Coin Guns from Pirate Deckhands, Pirate Corsairs, Pirate Deadeyes and Pirate Crossbowers was increased from 0.0125% to 0.05%.
- The drop chance of Coin Guns from Pirate Captains was increased from 0.05% to 0.2%.
- The drop chance of Coin Guns from Flying Dutchmans was increased from 0.25% to 1%.
- The drop chance of Cascades from any enemy in the Underworld before Hardmode was increased from 0.25% to 0.5%.

No Boss Grinding
Trying to get the gear you want from bosses such as Plantera, Golem and the Moon Lord can be a major pain. I have added materials that drop from Plantera, Golem, Martian Saucers, the Pumpkin Moon and Frost Moon bosses, Betsy and Goblin Summoners that will allow you to craft their respective drops when combined with a few other materials. In addition, drops from the Moon Lord can now be crafted; give Luminite Bars to the Guide for these recipes.

General Balancing
Some things in Terraria are still not balanced in the eyes of many. This aims to change those things so they are more balanced (obviously).
- Buffs:

• Amber Staff (damage increased, mana cost increased, use time decreased, knockback increased, rarity and value increased)
  • Muramasa (damage increased)
  • Breaker Blade (damage increased)
  • Flamethrower and Elf Melter (damage increased)
  • Crystal Vile Shard and Nettle Burst (damage increased)
  • Wasp Gun (damage increased)
  • All Phaseblades and Phasesabers (damage and critical strike chance increased)
  • Obsidian armor (new set bonus: Immunity to lava)
  • Rain armor (new set bonus: Immunity to Wet)
  • Eskimo and Pink Eskimo armor (new set bonus: Immunity to Chilled and Frozen)
- Nerfs:
  • Fetid Baghnakhs (damage decreased)
  • Snowballs (damage decreased)
  • The Bee's Knees (damage decreased)
  • Cactus Sword (damage and knockback decreased, use time increased)
  • Daedelus Stormbow (damage and knockback decreased, use time increased)
  • Falcon Blade (damage and knockback decreased)
  • Chlorophyte Bullets (damage and knockback decreased)
  • Last Prism (damage decreased)
  • Reaver Shark (pickaxe power decreased, use time decreased)
  • Meteor Armor (defense decreased)
  • Pumpkin Armor (defense decreased)
  • Spelunker Potion (cost changed from Gold/Platinum Ore to Demonite/Crimtane Ore)
- Reworks:
  • All of the early prehardmode ore armors (defense increased for most armors, defense decreased for Platinum armor, set bonuses reduced, costs reduced)
  • Cactus Armor (set bonus changed to Thorns effect)
  • All vanilla yoyos (changed to throwing damage)
  • All vanilla boomerangs (changed to throwing damage)
  • Vampire Knives (changed to throwing damage)
  • Scourge of the Corruptor (changed to throwing damage)
  • Shadowflame Knife (changed to throwing damage)
  • Daybreak (changed to throwing damage)
  • Toxic Flask (changed to throwing damage, no longer costs mana)
  • Crimson Rod and Nimbus Rod (changed to summon damage, classified as sentries)
  • Harpoon (changed to melee damage)

v1.2 - Changes to various items added (mostly weapons and armor).
v.1.1.4 - Updated to tModLoader version 0.10.0.2. Added sell values for the various boss materials.
v.1.1.3 - Added a config so people can enable/disable features as they wish.
v.1.1.2 - Nerfed the Reaver Shark's pickaxe power from 100% to 59%, but buffed its use time from 21 to 15.
v.1.1.1 - Added materials that drop from Pumpkin Moon bosses, Frost Moon bosses, Goblin Summoners and Betsy that allow one to craft their drops.
v.1.1 - Updated to tModLoader version 0.10.0.1. Added drops from the Golem and Martian Saucers that allow one to craft their drops. Moon Lord drops are now craftable using Luminite Bars + other materials.
v1.0.2 - Added a material drop from Plantera that allows one to craft her drops.
v1.0.1 - Drop chance of various items boosted.
v1.0 - Initial release. Lunar fragments drop from their respective enemies at a 10% chance (20% in Expert Mode).

- Figure out how to make it edit all yoyos and boomerangs to deal throwing damage instead of just vanilla yoyos and boomerangs.
- Rework hardmode ore armors (buff the original ore armors, nerf the 1.2 ore armors).
- Overhaul of the buff potion system, adding several tiers of potions among other things (I might just release this as a separate mod entirely).
- Make this OP not look so awful lmao

Download
Download from the tModLoader mod browser (either in-game or on the web-page) or download it directly here.

Last edited:
1. Reduced Grinding doesn't have fragments drop from enemies.
2. A lot of this was a request from friends but I released it to the public because why not. They don't like Reduced Grinding because it makes some items WAY too common.
3. More will be added in the future.
Thanks for the reply

1. Reduced Grinding doesn't have fragments drop from enemies.
2. A lot of this was a request from friends but I released it to the public because why not. They don't like Reduced Grinding because it makes some items WAY too common.
3. More will be added in the future.

Will thell fragments mod be still separate?

So, it's been a while. I could say that it was because I've been swamped with college work, but that would only be half-true; I've just been lazy and not really in the mood to code.

However, the semester has ended so I've had a lot more free time on my hands. Also, I've had a sort of lapse in interest in playing a lot of different games at the same time, so I've lost several distractions. Because of these, I've been able to make a bit more progress with things.

I've updated the mod to the latest version of tModLoader and added crafting recipes for Golem drops, Martian Saucer drops and Moon Lord drops. The Golem and Martian Saucer crafts use materials dropped by their respective bosses, while Moon Lord crafts all use Luminite Bars. My sprites are still absolutely atrocious and I doubt they'll improve much at all, but I gave it my best shot.

I plan on making a config file in the future so people can enable/disable features as they wish. I know a lot of people don't care for this and that and I respect that. However, I'm still a complete novice at coding in general, so it's going to take some time before that comes about.

That's pretty much it. I hope that I'll be able to stay interested in this, but no promises. I'll try to keep this mod updated at the very least.

Please increase armor polish drop rate from armored skeletons :p It's such a pain.
Otherwise, good mod so far, the reaver shark nerf is my fav since my friend always gets it before he even upgrades his copper pickaxe :L

Please increase armor polish drop rate from armored skeletons :p It's such a pain.
Otherwise, good mod so far, the reaver shark nerf is my fav since my friend always gets it before he even upgrades his copper pickaxe :L
Ehh, the drop chance for all of the Ankh Shield accessories should be consistent. I don't want any of them to be more or less common than the rest, and I don't want to buff the drop chance of all of them. They should all be 1% (2% in Expert Mode).

The nerfed Reaver Shark isn't implemented yet, but I do plan for it to be in the future. It's such a huge progression-breaking item that I feel it deserves to be nerfed.

I really love all the changes you did except one the reaver shark. I can absolutely understand why people like it but I like to be able to cheese my way trough pickaxes. Is there any way to disable only that feature for it? couldn't find a config file for the mod.

I really love all the changes you did except one the reaver shark. I can absolutely understand why people like it but I like to be able to cheese my way trough pickaxes. Is there any way to disable only that feature for it? couldn't find a config file for the mod.
One will definitely be available in the future. At the moment there is no ETA as to when it will be available.

Kk :) so then i will just disable the mod for the time of reaver shark use and re enable it again when finished using it and upgraded to new pickaxe :D

A huge update has been released. A bunch of different things have been added, including tweaks to various armors and weapons, as well as expanding the config even more (before the increased drop rates was grouped under one option, now there are options for each one).

You can drop them here if you'd like.
Ok, well I think this would be a good addition to your mod. If you like the idea and up to the challenge of coding it.
So the thing that the dryad sells, the dirt rod, I think it's a pretty cool item, buuuut it's 5 gold, and I think that's a bit overpriced for a thing that's moves only one block of dirt at a time. So I didn't buy it and forgot about it most of the game and came back to the dryad later to buy stuff from her. But then I saw the dirt rod again and remembered there's no real use for this stupid wand that just can move a block that I can instead break in a second with my pick, and I was thinking it would be actually useful if it could move a whole ton of blocks at once (adjustable) and/or move different types of blocks, and that's why I'm here.

So I was hoping you can make an improvement to the dirt rod, since your mod is about making nerfs and buffs to the game here and there.
I was thinking that you can make a sort of upgrade branch for it (like 999 stone and a lot of other blocks and you can move all the blocks) or your progression in the bosses gives you an item to upgrade it with (but you probably wouldn't want to sprite anything), or you can just straight-up make it better from the start (but I was thinking that's a little too o.p. at the start of the game). But it's up to you.
(Sorry about the whole roundabout way of telling you my idea, just a little backstory about why I would suggest this)
And idk if you feel comfortable about making your mod a little more complicated by having to add code for my idea, but, Hope you like it! :D
[doublepost=1500358302,1500358248][/doublepost]Just tell me if you don't fell like or cant do it

Ok, well I think this would be a good addition to your mod. If you like the idea and up to the challenge of coding it.
So the thing that the dryad sells, the dirt rod, I think it's a pretty cool item, buuuut it's 5 gold, and I think that's a bit overpriced for a thing that's moves only one block of dirt at a time. So I didn't buy it and forgot about it most of the game and came back to the dryad later to buy stuff from her. But then I saw the dirt rod again and remembered there's no real use for this stupid wand that just can move a block that I can instead break in a second with my pick, and I was thinking it would be actually useful if it could move a whole ton of blocks at once (adjustable) and/or move different types of blocks, and that's why I'm here.

So I was hoping you can make an improvement to the dirt rod, since your mod is about making nerfs and buffs to the game here and there.
I was thinking that you can make a sort of upgrade branch for it (like 999 stone and a lot of other blocks and you can move all the blocks) or your progression in the bosses gives you an item to upgrade it with (but you probably wouldn't want to sprite anything), or you can just straight-up make it better from the start (but I was thinking that's a little too o.p. at the start of the game). But it's up to you.
(Sorry about the whole roundabout way of telling you my idea, just a little backstory about why I would suggest this)
And idk if you feel comfortable about making your mod a little more complicated by having to add code for my idea, but, Hope you like it! :D
Just tell me if you don't fell like or cant do it
My knowledge of tModLoader is quite limited at the moment, I can just simply reduce the sell price of it to something more reasonable like 50 silver.

Last edited:
Can you please make the mod compatible with the 0.11.7.8 version of Tmod? When i try to download your mod it doesn't load at all. Unless you DID make it compatible and i'm just glitched

Back
Top Bottom