Member-Run Project Get Fabulous or Dye Trying: The 1.3 Dye Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well, since you asked for feedback...

I miss the old dyes, especially the <Color> and Silver Dyes. They are darker now, and they dye different places. For example, one of my characters wore Yellow and Silver Shroomite Headgear, Adamantine Breastplate, and Orichalcum Leggings. Overall, the armor was mostly silver with some bright yellow. Now, the Shroomite Headgear's yellow regions are darker, the Adamantine Breastplate is mostly brown with a few yellow regions, and the Orichalcum Leggings are solid yellow (and darker).
Also, while some of the new dyes are cool, I dislike how many of them override the pattern of colors completely. To illustrate: the old <Color> and Silver Dyes made the colored regions on an item silver, and the white/silver regions that color. The new dyes don't care what regions are colored or not, they just replace it with whatever color/pattern/effect they have.
Basically, I'm disappointed that my choices for keeping the pattern of what I'm dyeing went down with an update that added so many new Dyes, rather than going up.

Lava Moss cant spread beyond the lava level, but yes, it can also grow strange plants. I originally thought one of the strange plants would ONLY grow in it, due to its colour...but then I found one growing in the Crimson *shrug*

Anyone got some interesting looks for the Stardust Guardian yet?

Lava Moss cant spread beyond the lava level
Fire Moss.png

I used a staff of regrowth to spread the moss to the underground layer.

Looks quite nice. I have yet to fool around with Solar wings, since my main character is far too attached to the Nebula gear.

Decided it might be useful to have a gif of most of the new dyes (all the animated ones, anyway):

Blue Acid Dye
6RE4TgW.gif

Burning Hades Dye
bzQkGJm.gif

Gel Dye
XpAqsEf.gif

Grim dye
1A0VDe1.gif

Hades Dye
Z7P2Rzg.gif

Living Flame Dye
jHz8a63.gif

Living Ocean Dye
8e7sghy.gif

Living Rainbow Dye
wqo380s.gif

Loki's Dye
JzkG290.gif

Midnight Rainbow Dye
tXigXRc.gif

Mirage Dye
AgmbgRh.gif

Nebula Dye
0uSnIMA.gif

Phase Dye
7YWURbE.gif

Pink Gel Dye
cRQfD0w.gif

Purple Ooze Dye
s00Io78.gif

Red Acid Dye
lU4MieZ.gif

Reflective Dye
giQHhaP.gif

Reflective Copper Dye
2troi43.gif

Reflective Gold Dye
7HKxEu4.gif

Reflective Metal Dye
tQdrOSe.gif

Reflective Obsidian Dye
Tvly9BV.gif

Reflective Silver Dye
lqTuQoQ.gif

Shadowflame Hades Dye
vnGMkTt.gif

Shifting Pearlsands Dye
1tkBJdN.gif

Shifting Sands Dye
a0Iu4Mn.gif

Skiphs's Blood
NuWMBmH.gif

Solar Dye
9MOMeB4.gif

Stardust Dye
e55i0TE.gif

Twilight Dye
CkfXsOg.gif

Void Dye
SzMkxqS.gif

Vortex Dye
pF2VA0P.gif

Acid Dye
9adQLT3.gif

(Album: http://imgur.com/a/vMBgD)

Last edited:
Well, I was just playing around with Dyes some more, and noticed that the Bright <Color> Dyes seem to be much improved. They aren't near as washed out as I remember, and I'm actually using some now.

And seeing the new dyes in those gifs is nice. I really wish some of them were paints. Vortex Dye in particular caught my eye-- I would put Vortex Paint on everything. Shifting Sands Paint would be fantastic for deserts. Phase Paint and Void Paint would also be fun.

Is there a Living Green Flame Dye? We now have Living Flame Dye, and Living Ocean Dye is pretty close to Living Blue Flame Dye, but no Living Green Flame Dye in sight.

We never did hassle Skiphs enough for hair dyes :eek:

Also, more Hair Dyes! Various kinds of Hades Hair Dye would be hilarious, and the various Reflective Dyes seem like they would do well as Hair Dyes.

White/X dyes look much, much better now too. Seriously, try some of the old ugly dye colors.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom