Official Get Wired For Terraria 1.3.1: Calling All Terrarian Mechanics!

Status
Not open for further replies.
@Zanthor Wrong post quoted. Just an accident. i'll fix this, just give me a moment
[DOUBLEPOST=1448142415,1448141958][/DOUBLEPOST]
I feel nights edge should be crafted with the beekeeper, so as to make queen bee unbypassable (<--Is that even a word??? :p)
It happened twice to me to generate world with only one hive, and once to generate world with two. I don't want situations in which I couldn't craft my Night's Edge without going to other worlds just because she didn't drop this specific weapon. If You want to make it unbypassable, then maybe including Bee Wax in the recipe of Blade of Grass would be better idea. Even though weapon would be unbalanced then (a bit too expensive for what it deos), for me it wouldn't be a problem - I don't use it anyway.

Twenty First. Triumphant Altar (Boss/Wave Altar)
Original Idea.

Crafting - Angel Statue + Safe + 100 Luminite - at Demon/Crimson Altar
Tooltip - How long can you survive?

Only activated via wiring. It gives a pulse when every wave is defeated.
You can only have access to the storage system of the altar if you have the Altar Passcode Sheet(5 Wood + Black Ink + Feather - at the Ancient Manipulator).
You will need banners and boss trophies to place inside the Triumphant Altar to summon the respective enemy/boss, it works like the key of light/night to summon the Biome Mimics. You can use other angel statues to summon more than 1 type of enemy/boss in a wave.
You can summon enemies/bosses without the requirements(Biome, Night-Time, Hardmode, Mechbosses killed...), not triggering progression events(Hardmode Dungeon, Lunar Event...) and not dropping the usual loot from the enemies/bosses(like stated in the original idea).
Maybe the storage area could be much bigger than normal, or have multiple 'pages' so as to have more waves/enemies. Also, there should be some way other than having more than one banner to summon more than one enemy, something like if you have one blue slime banner, and you put an item stack in of 314 dirt blocks, it will summon 314 blue slimes. I feel that you could make much more challenging waves that way. I also think that if there are two angel statues in a stack, it should connect the next TWO banners, instead of one. Overall, however, I still really like this idea!

-Defeating the Moon Lord, will make your world gradually and eventually clean the Corruption/Crimson

-Changing the pearlstone into another kind of stone, will automatically remove crystal fragments (it's too annoying to eliminate by ourself these things, especially when their world is 40% hallowed).

Maybe the storage area could be much bigger than normal, or have multiple 'pages' so as to have more waves/enemies. Also, there should be some way other than having more than one banner to summon more than one enemy, something like if you have one blue slime banner, and you put an item stack in of 314 dirt blocks, it will summon 314 blue slimes. I feel that you could make much more challenging waves that way. I also think that if there are two angel statues in a stack, it should connect the next TWO banners, instead of one. Overall, however, I still really like this idea!
I thought in all of that. First, there is no need to have a bigger storage other than that, it can be useful, but you can do that by linking different altars with different waves, since you can only start the wave via wiring, and when you defeat every wave the altar gives a pulse. Second, I liked the idea of using dirt, but I don't know if it fits, I like using banners and trophies, maybe these could stack to 500 or more, but you can always use angel statues to spawn more. Third, it is a good idea to have two or more angel statues in a stack to effect the next slots. This idea is not originally mine, I just improved it, but thank you. :)

-Defeating the Moon Lord, will make your world gradually and eventually clean the Corruption/Crimson

-Changing the pearlstone into another kind of stone, will automatically remove crystal fragments (it's too annoying to eliminate by ourself these things, especially when their world is 40% hallowed).
Maybe an item to cleanse the world, but some people want crimson/corruption for farming, world design, etc..
[DOUBLEPOST=1448153299,1448153125][/DOUBLEPOST]
If you want to make massive waves, there are ways to multiply banners :j

Coninuation of my previous post on this topic (which was also my first post ever):
- (As many others recommended) how about making more statues do something: just as an example, The Boot Statue (don't know exact name) can give a slight movement speed buff when you're close to it and it's triggered.
- Anti-Gravity minecart tracks: You can go up a wall and on the ceiling using a minecart.
- More Traps, for example, a ground spike trap (a block that when triggered shoots a spike upwards), a laser (a block that when triggered shoots a death laser similar to the Moon Lord's for a limited length of blocks in any direction you wish and is sold by the cyborg after the Moon Lord is killed)
- A 'spring' block, when stepped on, it accelerates you upwards (makes you jump high). Maybe also have a variant of this block that only activates when you press your jump button.
- A multicolour block and multicoloured switches/levers: have different coloured switches that can trigger the multicolour block to light up in their (the switch's) colour. Also used in a sequence for triggering something (eg Red Yellow Blue Red sequence will give a wiring signal to eg. teleport you to the dungeon) In detail how this could happen: Have 3 switches of Red, Yellow, Green, and 3 multicolour blocks above them with each switch wired to each block. The switch you first trigger will show its colour on the FIRST multicolour block and then the second one will show it's colour on the SECOND multicolour block even if it is the same colour as the first one, and so on. Have a wire go through the 3 multicolour blocks and go through 3 'reviever' blocks that are coloured in a certain way (eg. 1st is red, 2nd is green, 3rd is red) and will only let the wiring signal pass through them if the sequence is met on the first 3 multicolour blocks. So if you get for example "red" "green" "yellow" it will not trigger the "red" "green" "red" sequence, but there may be 3 other 'reviever' blocks that do a different thing when activated. That way you can set passcodes for certain things to trigger, but also possibly for other things as well. If this was confusing and you have questions about this, you can ask me and I'll answer.
- I have more suggestions but I currently don't have time to write them all down...

This is just a continuation of a thing people have said (like @DarkWiz right above me). I think that the Anti-gravity Minecart Tracks should be crafted with 25 tracks and a martian conduit plating block. It just makes sense to me.

Item Pipes: suck items in and place/take out items from chests. every wire would have a variant of pipe, and powering the pipes toggles the transport of items.

This:
images

[DOUBLEPOST=1448494819,1448494579][/DOUBLEPOST]also, The Mechanic should sell a yoyo just like she sells a fishing rod, and wires should be able to be painted with a special paint brush that is only available if you have both the painter and the Mechanic in your world. more suggestions coming soon.

Cleaner tower:
Craft: 1 Cobalt\Palladium bar,10 wires,2 switches,6 iron
Activates via wire.
4x6 tiles.
Its cleans 50x40 blocks area from corruption\crimson\hallowed,also prevents mobs from those biomes from spawning(when tower in sight zone).Can be destroyed by zombies/werewolfs.Also spawnrate of zombies and werewolfs around tower doesnt affected by NPCs or calm candle,instead its always doubled.
This feature just for TD element
Why i like this idea?Personaly,i dont care much about my wolrd,but its annoying when in early HM NPCs dies and they cant respawn 'cos corruption\crimson is growing towards my home.Also its annoying when you fighting mech bosses in early HM and getting snipe shotted by freaking snail from hallow.

Overcharge

Can be placed via sides of blocks or on top of them
Tooltip - Let's see those hordes a comin'

Can be crafted via 20 wires, 25 Luminite Bars, 25 Chlorophyte Bars, 20 Iron Bars.
Why these materials?
Luminite serves as the charge beam for the Overcharge
Chlorophye serves as the detector
Iron for defense support
Wire for activation

Takes 10 seconds to recharge, automatically fires to any enemy in the vicinity.
Deals 200 Piercing Damage
5% Critical Damage.

Let's make this happen! :cool:

Overcharge

Can be placed via sides of blocks or on top of them
Tooltip - Let's see those hordes a comin'

Can be crafted via 20 wires, 25 Luminite Bars, 25 Chlorophyte Bars, 20 Iron Bars.
Why these materials?
Luminite serves as the charge beam for the Overcharge
Chlorophye serves as the detector
Iron for defense support
Wire for activation

Takes 10 seconds to recharge, automatically fires to any enemy in the vicinity.
Deals 200 Piercing Damage
5% Critical Damage.

Let's make this happen! :cool:
Nice but we know what will happend if you have cr*p load of materials and you make loads of those things.Still cool idea!

My idea is mimics being able to be damaged by wire if it is placed on them. My reasoning is because mimics are made of gold, they would be conductors. But since they are made of living gold, they would get electrocuted. And the wire would deal 20-50 damage. But, maybe mimics could attack wire that is electrocuting them and destroy it.

Continuation of my Suggestions on this topic:
- (I'm sure others recommended this, but perhaps not in this sort of way) Filters: imagine a 2x2 block that can have "outputs" and "inputs" on all 4 sides. You can right-click it in the way you right-click a chest and it will bring up a menu with 4 sides: "Up" "Right" "Down" "Left" and for each you have an option of changing it from "Input" to "Output" and vice versa. Then you can filter different items to go into different sides, with key words like "Everything but.." and "Nothing but.." and a 3x3 or larger area (inventory) where you can assign the items you want to filter, by getting the item and clicking with it onto a square there, without taking the item but instead 'remembering it' (you can right-click the item to remove it). This can be very useful for mod farms where you may not want some common items that fill up the screen and your inventory because you can just filter them out.
- Pipes (as some other people recommended) : they can be connected to filters and will instantly transport items through them, (they may be in a similar layer as the walls) and can be connected to multiple chests, so when one is filled, it will fill up another, and when there is no chest left, I guess it can only go onto the ground -_-. But anyway, maybe there can be reciever pipes that can suck in items in a small range and lead them to a filter for example.
- Still more suggestions to be said but as previously, I'm low on time.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom