Official Get Wired For Terraria 1.3.1: Calling All Terrarian Mechanics!

Status
Not open for further replies.
A boss statue

A boss statue can be a statue that rarely drops from common bosses (or any boss) And will spawn a boss every 5 minutes of activation (Or 10)

New boss

Spider Queen (My boss idea) Could be a spider-related boss that is spawned by Spiders Eye (Or what you wish to call it) That has a 1/500 chance of spawning from spiders. The boss can poisen the user by shooting spider fangs at the user. This boss shoot green beams from its eyes or one of its eyes, that will do a medium amount of damage. Spider Queen could also stomp on the users with its legs. (Users, feel free to lets me know what moves I could add for this suggestion)

Spider Queen drops

Spider queen could have a high chance (1/10 - 1/3) to drop Queen Spider Staff. It could also spawn many Spider Fangs with a 100% chance of doing so. It could aswell have a 1/6- 1/2 chance to drop Spider Staff.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
OR if the developers are going for a specific wiring/mechanical theme, this could be another mechanical boss to be added, or if its just random items and it doesnt matter about the theme then you could stop reading and save your time.

New Mechanical Boss: Mechanical moonlord

Mechanical moonlord is a harder version of Moon Lord. All thats needed is a reskin, and optinialy extra moves. Or if this is too much of a challenge due to the size of Moon Lord and the needed detail, there is a second boss suggestion.

New Mechanical Boss(2): Mechanical Slime King

A reskin and harder version of King Slime. A new move could be added where it summons a variety of slimes (Including pinky, rarely as always). It could also have a 2% (Instead of 0.01 from a normal slime and 1% from pinky) chance of dropping Slime Staff. Mechanical Slime King could also use its crown to shoot a beam from its crown gem at the player. To spawn Mechanical Slime King it would require a Slimey Battery, a new item, obtained by killing slimes with a 1/300 chance.

Completely New Mechanical Boss: Wired Snake

You know how children like to pretend play sometimes with plugs and pretend they are snaked or enemys of some sort? Or how we did that in our past? Well this boss is inspired by that. Wired Snake is a Snake-Related boss having wires flailing around it. These wires are used to hit and kill the player, with each hit it does a medium amount of damage and makes the player lose health by shock. It could also (Yea I know more beams) Shoot a beam out of its mouth that will greatly harm the player. Wired Snake could be summoned by getting a Suspicious Plug which could be bought by the Robot NPC. Or if that idea if not wanted could have a 1/550 chance from dropping from a enemy from the Martain Invasion.

Please take this into consideration for atleast 10 seconds because I have worked hard to sketch these things out and come up with ideas and to put all this in. Thanks! And I would appricate CONSTRUCTIVE Critisim from Users, or suggestions on what to add on one of the bosses. Thanks for reading all of this!

Us players need an easier way to deposit and organize... Let's get maybe some organization things like pipe systems and item organization machines that you can program to organize certain blacks or items into cheats or even into trash compactors and all... I'm salty about how my cheats are never clean :,(

3 For wirings the master block would be a good item View attachment 102929 . It could be as developer item. Master block would have 4 inputs and could execute commands like spawn monsters, change blocks, give/remove items from players so that more adventure maps could be created.
I like the idea, it would be really cool for the wiring update.
And noteblocks or soundblocks were cool for making doorbells or alarms or playing custom sounds. that would be awsome

Greetings Terrarians, from the other side of the 1.3 update!

Thanks so much for your enthusiastic response to the update thus far - as well as your assistance and patience in catching and squashing so many nasty bugs. With Mac/Linux launching this week, Mobile/Console update news in the air, and the exciting announcement around the new Nintendo versions, it is safe to say that it is a fantastic time to be a Terrarian!

With all that in mind, the team sat down and started to lay out some ideas around what we may want to explore for future updates. We have a handful of ideas and a general vision for where we would like to take things coming out of that - and that begins today with our announcing that Terraria 1.3.1 will be focused around upgrading the wiring & mechanics systems in Terraria!

View attachment 69102
(Image courtesy of @ajidot)​

Though simple on the surface, the capabilities of Terraria's mechanic system are deceptively complex - as evidenced by many of the amazing creations our fans have developed over time. From the Fountain in the 1.2 Trailer to the more-recent computers (and blackjack machines! ;) ) of 2015, you never cease to amaze us. That got the team thinking - what if we expanded upon that toolbox of capabilities? Even better, what if we asked you guys for your ideas in doing so?

divider.png

Well, that is exactly what we are going to do in this thread. You get a sense for what we are trying to do with 1.3.1 - now we need your ideas for how wiring and mechanics can be taken to the next level. To submit your idea:
  • Simply post your idea in this thread which as much detail as you can provide.
  • Anything is fair game: new items, new switches, more wire colors, etc.
  • The team will read through all of your ideas along the path to development for 1.3.1, and incorporate any new ideas that seem really cool
  • Of course, we already have our own internal list of "stuff", but we will keep that a secret for now.
divider.png

Ok, we will let you get right to it - we look forward to hearing all of your amazing ideas.

Thanks!
Can you make an addition to make things activate during events?

Wish I had found this thread earlier. Oh well, if it's not to late, I'd like to see:
-Pine trees and oak trees with sprawling branches, to give the surface some variation.
-Ability to rotate traps
-Thunderstorms
-Quicksand (desert)
-Giant crystals underground, in the background like mushrooms but can be mined
-Dust devils in the desert because <3 tornadoes
-Different colorful flags you can place that wave in the wind
-Bonfires in addition to campfires because bigger fires= bigger fun!
-Wheat, carrots, potatoes and such to plant and make food. Cook advanced food at a hearth (pot + fireplace). Cows for milking. Terraria has fishing, why not farming? Let's go Runescape level grinding ;-)
-Horse mounts you can tie up so you can have a stable, or park at a hitchin' post.
And finally, if you're in the business of adding biomes, I think it would be nice if a corrupt jungle became a Swamp Biome so it's at least somewhat useful if you don't work to un-corrupt it. And I have some monster suggestions for that, so come talk to me haha.

OK here r meh ideas

1) add cthulhu (last pre-hardmode boss)
2) add turtles pls add turtle$. PLS 4 TEH LUV OF GOD (if you believe in god) ADD TURTLE$. also spell 'turtle$' with teh '$'
3) I is also a firm believer dat everyone need more dargons. Something happened in teh cold war or something like that that turned america on dargons, and now there aren't enough dargons in teh world. dont tell me dargons arent real because i hav seen them with my own 3 eyes they r just as real as unicorns so add dargons. #dargonlivesmatter
4)Alzo add giraffes, otters..elephants... o and koalas 2 pls
5) and finally make a biome named after meh

Now take a look at this MEME pls

http://images.akamai.steamuserconte...mposite-to=*,*|637:358&background-color=black

Hello all I have an idea for the game in General why not add you game special book in which will unlock monsters as I find them and it would be nice if they had a not great description and: the level of danger, damage, Defense, special abilities such as the javelin throw well short of detailed information about monsters and their in the game a lot it would be interesting to assemble a collection in the book what do you think?

129 pages of ideas . . . very impressive!

Thanks to everyone for all the brainstorming, but as recent news posts have indicated, 1.3.1 is drawing ever closer, and it looks like its time to close this thread.

For the most recent news on 1.3.1, please check out this thread:
http://forums.terraria.org/index.php?threads/the-state-of-1-3-1-for-pc.42306/

And as always, forum members are more than welcome to post their suggestions in the forum suggestion section, found here:
http://forums.terraria.org/index.php?forums/player-suggestions.13/

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom