Official Get Wired For Terraria 1.3.1: Calling All Terrarian Mechanics!

Status
Not open for further replies.
WiFi routers with integrated TCF, lol.

Ooh, wiring stuff!

Well, the first things that come to mind:
- At LEAST 2 new wire wrench colors (yellow and pink? Fits the Team Colors!)
- A multi-color wrench (right click to "click" through color options)
- Wireless transmitters to convey wire signals over difficult to wire locations, or long range (And for wireless teleporters, please!)
- A variation of Snickerbobble's florescent beams
- Some new functional mob statues, perhaps other functional statues with misc. features
All of the yes for these. I wonder what cool features statues could have.

I've mentioned this in the past, but I'll say it again in public: I want a martian/moonlord tech teleporter thats better than the steampunker's teleporter in that it requires no wiring; instead you pair two teleporters together for a two way link via naming. Teleporter A, link it to Teleporter B, and it will pair them and only them. Anyone whos ever set up long distance teleporters will tell you that it is painful and soulcrushing, and barely worth the effort required.

Another is a weather machine that while switched on, will create endless rainfall. Possibly include mechanics for it to have variable "rain power", maybe even overcharged for flooding. Would need to be very very late tier though.

I think you should add this: You could place down the mechanical boss summoners and attach them to a lever and activate the bosses that way!. And when it is used, It will be called an empty version of the boss summoners
Ex: Place down mechanical worm, activate it through wiring. When used it turns into Powerless Mechanical Worm or something like that. It can no longer be used or can not be crafted into a mechanical worm.
Just an idea I came up with off the top of my head (aka my brain).

I've mentioned this in the past, but I'll say it again in public: I want a martian/moonlord tech teleporter thats better than the steampunker's teleporter in that it requires no wiring; instead you pair two teleporters together for a two way link via naming. Teleporter A, link it to Teleporter B, and it will pair them and only them. Anyone whos ever set up long distance teleporters will tell you that it is painful and soulcrushing, and barely worth the effort required.

Another is a weather machine that while switched on, will create endless rainfall. Possibly include mechanics for it to have variable "rain power", maybe even overcharged for flooding. Would need to be very very late tier though.
Redigit keeps telling me no to something like this. I have been asking since 1.2 ;)

Yeah, have to agree on the last post about new wire colors and a multi-wrench.

Couple of ideas from me:

1a. Possibly give sinks the same functionality as an outlet pump, since wires already carry water between pumps. This would require a plentiful water source or at least a water generator.
b. Instead give sinks the capability to fill water bottles if the sink is wired to a water source, possibly one with an inlet pump.

2. Using a lot of teleporters can get confusing if you have a bunch set up. I'd like to see a sort of switchboard that has the functionality of a sign, that way if you hover your mouse over the switch, it'll let you label what is connected.

COMMENT!
I think a great addition would be Gates.
Like for example:
•If, Items in chest, then signal active/send signal.
You can add very much possibilities to that.
Even if I don't play Terraria PC (for now) I will be very excited what new systems you can build with the new stuff
:D

Last edited:
Like so many people have said: wireless transmitters, and a long distance wiring solution.

I'd also like to see switches/levers that act as targets and toggle when hit with a ranged attack (Bullets, arrows, magic spell, etc)

Lastly, thank you! For all the hard work, the dedication, and for not only listening to your community but being a part of it, and respecting it. You guys are simply awesome!

I probably shouldnt be commenting as I'm not the best mechanic, but I have some ideas; a rainbow wire colour that could toggle colour to adjust to different wires(or maybe fits all wires), statues that give minor buffsor debuffs/any other idea and maybe some form of unleaded, disconnected wiring to make teleporters and other functions easier, thanks for reading and making terraria perfect :)

I would love there to be some sort of Biome Inducer device.

That is to say, you know how there's the Pillar Monoliths that change the backgrounds? How about we have some similar objects that do that for the other backgrounds, or even have the affected area behave like the biome? (Monster spawns etc).

Redigit keeps telling me no to something like this. I have been asking since 1.2 ;)
What if they're on the same "channels", so a teleporter that was on channel one would make you teleport to another channel one teleporter. This could also synergise with things like when you teleport, you could also have it activate heart statues that are also on channel one. Just an idea, but I don't think it'll work.

Wire Beacon: Sends electrical courses to nearby things that need wire that activates them automatically! No need for wire except in crafting recipe:
-10 wire
-10 Martian conduct plating
-1 power cell

Electric gates: Keep enemies out while keeping you in!:
-10 iron bars
-10 chain
Teammates can pass electrical gates safely

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom