Official Get Wired For Terraria 1.3.1: Calling All Terrarian Mechanics!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think you should add more wire colors (like everyone wants) I think they should be orange, yellow, and purple (rainbow colors seem like a good idea (maybe a rainbow wrench crafted with one of each wrench.)) that is it
Cenx said that it looks like we're going to be limited to four colors... the game's engine won't be able to handle any more.

I think you should add more wire colors (like everyone wants) I think they should be orange, yellow, and purple (rainbow colors seem like a good idea (maybe a rainbow wrench crafted with one of each wrench.)) that is it

I'd still rather see a wireless system over adding more types of wires. It can already be hard to tell which wires are stacked on top of each other as-is.

How about lasers that can act as a trap, and reflect off of glass.
Also if you change the angle of the glass, how about having the laswer change directions too.
Mabe even add a laswer that activates electricity.

Lots of things I'd like to see, most of them have been suggested already but these are the ideas I support:

- more wire colors
- wire insulation/isolation
- pressure plates on walls/actuated blocks
- pressure plates that can be triggered by liquids
- drain blocks (opposite of bubbles)
- more timer options, from 1/60th second timers up to 1 hour or even 24 hour timers, (or completely customizable)
- alarm blocks (trigger at specific times of day)
- light sensors (trigger during daytime or when a player brings a light source close to them, sooo many trap possibilities!)
- light beam sensors (trigger when the beam is broken, hammer to change between visible and invisible beams, [or only visible when using a wiring tool])
- proximity sensors (hammer to change between NPC, player and Mob modes)
- boss pressure plates
- moar statues including large BOSS STATUES, (wtb epic f-off huge statue of EoC to stand over my town. Crafted from trophy?)
- non-directional minecart boosters/brakes
- pistons/hoppers/conveyors/elevators/chutes/platforms with fulcrums/etc (move things around more. I wanna build a snowman Rube Goldberg machine!)
- autowrench (connects point a to point b with a straight line of wire)
- craftable wire/traps
- logic gates
- delay triggers (single/multiple activations after a specific delay)
- turrets
- control panels (small in game footprint but works like signs and has many wiring functions/switches available to the user when opened)
- refillable/spawnable boulders/tnt (statue?)
- infinite wire/actuator/switch/pressure plate pouches

A lot of people here like the idea of wireless connections or distant connection stuff...So , I think it is a pretty good idea, some kind of Switch , Activator , that has a range, and has the capacity of sending signals to other ''Switch'' or ''Activator'' so it activates...

Thanks for reading and sorry if I commited any grammar mistake.

I wish a way to place light sources on each block (maybe place them like the actuators). Doing pixelarts would be so much easier.
It would be so nice if I could see the entire pixelart without the shadows.
It's almost like this? Because with photontizers it's really going to give a new life to terraforming.
First. A way to dye lights and liquids (as you can see in my post here and in my signature).

Well I really never paid attention to wiring that much exept for teleporters, but if we are talking about it I would like
-Motion sensors(only visible when holding a wiring tool, like a wrench for example)(recipe-Three wire + Any color pressure plate)
-Alarms(if you are far away and it goes off it makes three little beeping sounds but if your up close it makes a sound till you turn it off)(buy from mechanic)
-Gears (used to make advanced wiring stuff)
Iron/Lead gears Adamantite/Titanuim Gears
- 5 iron/lead bars - 5 adamantite/titanium bars
-15 Wire -15 Wire
makes 20 gears makes 25 gears

Why don't we through in some items that uses wire for its recipe shall we
-Helicopter Mount
-40 Wire
-25 Iron
-15 Souls of Flight
-12 Adamantite/Titanium Gears
Tooltip-''A good old fashion helicopter that can kill us all"
it has a chaingun that does 45 damage, has infinite flight and breaks down in water

-Pirate Ship mount
-50 wood of any kind
-20 wire
-5 Adamantite/Titanium gears
tooltip-''sail the seven seas''
Floats on water and is usefull for fishing

Disclaimer(feel free to use my ideas to help your own, just don't say you made it up)

Well I really never paid attention to wiring that much exept for teleporters, but if we are talking about it I would like
-Motion sensors(only visible when holding a wiring tool, like a wrench for example)(recipe-Three wire + Any color pressure plate)
-Alarms(if you are far away and it goes off it makes three little beeping sounds but if your up close it makes a sound till you turn it off)(buy from mechanic)
-Gears (used to make advanced wiring stuff)
Iron/Lead gears Adamantite/Titanuim Gears
- 5 iron/lead bars - 5 adamantite/titanium bars
-15 Wire -15 Wire
makes 20 gears makes 25 gears

Why don't we through in some items that uses wire for its recipe shall we
-Helicopter Mount
-40 Wire
-25 Iron
-15 Souls of Flight
-12 Adamantite/Titanium Gears
Tooltip-''A good old fashion helicopter that can kill us all"
it has a chaingun that does 45 damage, has infinite flight and breaks down in water

-Pirate Ship mount
-50 wood of any kind
-20 wire
-5 Adamantite/Titanium gears
tooltip-''sail the seven seas''
Floats on water and is usefull for fishing

Disclaimer(feel free to use my ideas to help your own, just don't say you made it up)
I'm all for infinite flight, but you can get that before the mech bosses. that's a little too early dont you think?

3. There should be a new boss after you defeat moon man. I was hoping for a starwars reference but with i think Disney owning that it's going to be a lot of trouble. However i think what would be cool is a Death Planet spawns. It has like these solar system of planets that you must defeat before you can touch it. Otherwise it's immune to all damage until than. Equally the planets have a weakness to certain magic and damage and are immune to all others. So the player will have to ave more than one weapon to fight them.

I get the feeling we won't see bosses past the Moon Lord until 1.4

9) An anti-gravity beam a few blocks wide which the player can hop in and works similar to an anti-gravity potion while inside. Also a tractor beam. One could approximate a pneumatic tube system with those parts.

I would love this for portal maps. As long as we can turn them on and off. Maybe have one that moves things from side to side and have a tool that can adjust the length.

oh yeah, some kind of boulder dispenser for automated boulder traps!

I think I can make one using a bird engine to drop a few boulders before having to restock it, but a real dispenser would save me a lot of room.

I dunno, I think it'd be kinda sweet to shoot down a few artificial demon eyes for target practice. Dummies just don't cut it for me.

I think the Eyeball Statue should do that.

- boss pressure plates

What would that do?

zmPmdE9.png
Mechanical Rope - A two block mechanism that when activated deploys a rope to ground. Will not break upon hitting unless hit on the top.

xo67cXd.png
Demon Eye Statue - 3 blocks wide, great for farming lenses!

KXbdhub.png
Eye of Cthulu Statue - No clue how big this is. Requires 6 different wires activated simultaneously to spawn. Will not spawn in areas not big enough. Dropped on 100th Eye of Cthulu defeated.

Tell me what you think!!

How about Spike Ball(The spinning Dungeon one) summon/trap? Makes sense considering you rescue the mechanic from the dungeon; maybe she got the chance to see a spike ball up close, maybe take one apart before she got tied up? I could imagine you crafting one from spikes or spiky balls, or both! Lay a center mechanism block for the Spike Ball to swing out from, power it via wire and watch it go! I figure maybe you could even use chain to determine how far it spins around, maybe ways to increase the speed, upgraded Spike Ball for hardmode and such, whole bunch of stuff!

Could maybe do a similar thing for the Blazing Wheels!

Ok i got a few ideas on my head going on

Mechanical Wings. Sold by the mechanic for 1Plat its as good as the leaf,frost,flame wings and its sold after 1 mechanical boss is slain.

Hologram Terminal and Hologram pixel. Hologram pixel works as blocks and the Hologram terminal can be used to make the pixels into furnitures like table,chair and lanterns.

Strange console. Any kind of console you devs want a playstation or maybe even diffrent kinds if you want her to sell them. It can be a Nintendo64,GameCube,XBox anything! but it works as a decoration and its sold for 1 gold

Wiring kit. has infinite amount of wires and wire placing length is increased by 5 and its sold after the final boss is slain. And it works as an accesories slot

Fake block dyer and fake dye. you place it and then you need to buy fake dye and color it with the wall you have in your inventory. It looks like a block you can step on but you will fall right through it. its sold after plantera is slain and cost 15 gold

Mice. a computer mouse is following you! a new pet sold for 50 gold

Now for some prehardmode stuff!

Poison trap. you connect them and it shots a mist of poison. sold for 1 gold each

Electric wheel staff. Summons an electric wheel that will attack for you. Its like a wheel that spins when you move and flys when you are in the air it works a bit like the imp staff it will summon a lightning from it to attack and will run over mobs to also attack it. its cost 25 gold and can be bought after queen bee is slain. it does 17 with lightning strike and 24 with the running over them part.

Wire Snake. another pet that works like a snake! but its looks like a wire snake. sold by 20 gold

That is it i would really like to see Electric wheel staff be in the game or any of the pets it would mean alot to me

Well, where do I even begin? I would like to see this update go all RedPower 2 (It's a Minecraft mod) and add a lot more colors of wires and stuff. But also let's not have a bunch of wrenches one for each color. Instead make it so you can just right-click and a small window comes up and let's you pick the wire color you want. Not only that but do the same for wire cutters and have it so it only cuts the color it is set on. Or you can set it to cut all wires if needed.

Also I think we need another kind of pressure plate or more like a pressure pad, that works different from the plates. The plates work like switches. Stepping on one will turn something on/off and stepping on it again will switch it back. The pressure pad on the other hand should make things active only while it is being stepped on. Kind of like how the pressure plates in minecraft work. Active when on it, and De-active when off of it.

Also where are the note blocks? I thought for sure 1.3 would have added those, but nope there is none.

Also add a screw driver to change the way things face. Then make it so traps can fire up and/or down and not just left and right. Or left, right and/or up and not just down if it's spear traps and spike ball traps.

Also make it so boulders can go through teleporters.

Other things the game needs.
-Re-bar: You place them just like you would "Actuators" and what they do is make it so the blocks they are placed on can't be mined or blown up. This will give people a lot more options for making custom maps as well as make it so you can't break things you don't want to by mistake.
-Anti-Actuator or Anti-Activator something? : You place them just like you would "Actuator" but they make it so wire can pass through something without activating it. this makes it so you can place them in the same block as a torch and any wires passing through the torch won't switch it on/off when you hit the switch to activate something.
-Target Switch: The game needs some kind of switch or block that is like a target dummy but activates stuff when hit with an attack. Even more fun for custom maps. :D
-Conveyor blocks: Maybe made with cogs and wires. Makes a moving surface that moves any players, NPC, animals, mobs, and items that are on them. Maybe have it so wiring it to a timer changes it's speed. I can see a lot of fun this would make for custom maps. Platforming on moving surfaces. :)
-Item Dropper: It will be like a chest but will drop items out when activated. Maybe give it settings so you can drop set # of item at a time, set # slot at a time, a set # of items per slot at a time. Or all the items in the dropper at once. This would also be good for custom maps.
-One time only switch: It would be like the lever but you can only flip it once. Another thing that would be good for custom maps. You can of course break it and then place it back in the same spot to reset it.

I'm sure there is a ton of other things I will think of but that is all the time I have for now.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom