Official Get Wired For Terraria 1.3.1: Calling All Terrarian Mechanics!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I dream of Chest search, that able you to know, in which of chests, that you sometimes opened, the item you need for is.:joy:

-Interconnected chests that when wired together can have a distributing chest that sends materials to the other receiver chests (similar to quick-stacking but on a longer and more specific range), and receiver chests that automatically refill from distributing chests.
-fishing boat: wire + mechanical parts + metal/wood + etc. = it can be used on lakes and oceans, it reduces the fishing power to 1/3 but raises the fishing power bonus from water quantity cap 4x (so if you use it in shallow water it is bad but if you use it in a big lake or ocean you get more overall fishing power), you get 3 instances of fish per catch and you use net instead of lure.
-invisibility actuator:(mechanic similar to the normal actuator that sends blocks to background) but instead, blocks remain there and become invisible.
-decoy statue: has the same priority as other players nearby to be targeted by creatures
-overcharge battery: modifies the effector parts of the circuit (depending on how many overcharge batteries you attach, you will get a different effect). eg. heart statues spawn 2 hearts instead of 1; creature statues spawn 2; king/queen bring 2 npcs; closing doors remain locked after closing for 3 sec/ open for 3 sec; torches that light up are 1.5x/2x brighter; actuators also actuate all nearby touching blocks; teleporters have increased wire range 2x/3x; traps fire more powerful arrows etc.etc.
-artificial plantation lights: like neon shaped blocks which, when placed inside a plantation, reduce the growing time 15-25%
-automatic extractinator: when connected to overcharge battery and a chest, it will automate the extraction process
-maglev tracks: like normal minecart tracks but movement on them is increased by 20 mph compared to the default tracks
-water sprinkler: when submerged/connected to water source + activated with timers/batteries it sprinkles water over 5 blocks = plants grow 15-25% faster

Maybe production line? For items and mobs.
linia_produkcyjna_lukowa_tasma_modularna1.JPG

Can You make A weapon where, The Weapon is a huge wrench sold on a waxing gibous for 10 gold by the mechanic( hardmode) & it does 48-56 damage and You can see wires with it as an advantage against underground traps. Make it big and slow to swing

Call it the "Wire Whacker"
That would be awesome... I just joined and thought it would be cool for something against traps. It should have a description that says "When Wiring Meets beating someone ruthlessly With a wrench"

Last edited:
I know it's been suggested before, but I wanted to do a refinement of the Music Note Blocks that were suggested prior:

• A-Note Block
    • Plays the A3 Note
    • Can merge with Flat, Sharp, Pitch+ and Pitch- Blocks
  • B-Note Block
    • Plays the B3 Note
  • C-Note Block
    • Plays the C3 Note
  • D-Note Block
    • Plays the D3 Note
  • E-Note Block
    • Plays the E3 Note
  • F-Note Block
    • Plays the F3 Note
  • G-Note Block
    • Plays the G3 Note
  • Flat-Note Block
    • When merged with a [Letter]-Note block, makes the note Flat
  • Sharp-Note Block
    • When merged with a [Letter]-Note block, makes the note Sharp
  • Pitch+ Block
    • When merged with a [Letter]-Note block, raises the octave by 1
    • Can merge multiple to raise additional octaves (up to octave 8)
  • Pitch- Block
    • When merged with a [Letter]-Note block, lowers the octave by 1
    • Can merge multiple to lower additional octaves (down to 0)
Also, to work well with this system, a Delay Block system:
  • 4/4 Whole Delay Block
    • Holds the signal for 120 ticks, then sends it.
  • 4/4 Half Delay Block
    • Holds the signal for 60 ticks, then sends it.
  • 4/4 Quarter Delay Block
    • Holds the signal for 30 ticks, then sends it.
  • 4/4 Eighth Delay Block
    • Holds the signal for 15 ticks, then sends it.
  • 3/4 Whole Delay Block
    • Holds the signal for 80 ticks, then sends it.
  • 3/4 Half Delay Block
    • Holds the singal for 40 ticks, then sends it.
  • 3/4 Quarter Delay Block
    • Holds the signal for 20 ticks, then sends it.
  • 3/4 Eighth Delay Block
    • Holds the signal for 10 ticks, then sends it.
  • All Delay blocks are like Logic Gates, in that they take one input and output onto any other color but the input.
    • If Input is on Red Wire, Output can only be on Blue or Green Wire
    • If Input is on Blue Wire, Output can only be on Red or Green Wire
    • If Input is on Green Wire, Output can only be on Red or Blue Wire
    • If additional wire colors are added, same functions should work with the additional colors.
The reason for current layout of delay blocks:
  • Current delay blocks allow for Whole, Half, Quarter, and Eighth notes in 4/4 time, and Whole, Half, Quarter and Eighth notes in 3/4 time respectively
  • to try for 16th or beyond would get to fractional ticks and mechanically would be unstable in the current 60 ticks a second.
New crafting station for all of these musical blocks:
  • Conductor's Podium - Purchased from the Wizard (He was already studying the magic of music by having the Music Box, Bell and Harp)
    • Recepies:
      • 10x Music Part = 1x Music Box
      • 1x A-Note Block = 1x Music Part + 1 Wire
      • 1x B-Note Block = 1x Music Part + 1 Wire
      • 1x C-Note Block = 1x Music Part + 1 Wire
      • 1x D-Note Block = 1x Music Part + 1 Wire
      • 1x E-Note Block = 1x Music Part + 1 Wire
      • 1x F-Note Block = 1x Music Part + 1 Wire
      • 1x G-Note Block = 1x Music Part + 1 Wire
      • 1x Flat-Note Block = 1x Music Part + 1 Wire
      • 1x Sharp-Note Block = 1x Music Part + 1 Wire
      • 1x Pitch+ Block = 1x Music Part + 1 Wire
      • 1x Pitch- Block = 1x Music Part + 1 Wire
      • 1x 4/4 Whole Delay Block = 2x 1 Second Timer
      • 1x 4/4 Half Delay Block = 1x 1 Second Timer
      • 2x 4/4 Quarter Delay Block = 1x 1 Second Timer
      • 4x 4/4 Eighth Delay Block = 1x 1 Second Timer
      • 1x 3/4 Whole Delay Block = 2x 3/4 Half Delay Block
      • 1x 3/4 Half Delay Block = 2x 3/4 Quarter Delay Block
      • 3x 3/4 Quarter Delay Block = 1x 1 Second Timer
      • 6x 3/4 Eight Delay Block = 1x 1 Second Timer
That all sounds like a bit too many types of blocks. I think they should just make it so you can hammer the block to change it's type. Like maybe have A-G note Blocks and the Flat-Block, Sharp-Block, Pitch+ and - Blocks all be the same kind of block, you just hit with a hammer to change it's type. The same can be done for the delay blocks.

Now for a few more ideas they should add/change.
-Booster Track change: They should make it so you can set different levels of speed by hitting booster track with a hammer. The arrows can turn color to show the level of speed boost. Like green being the lowest speed, then lime green, yellow, yellow-orange, orange, orange-red, and red being max speed.
-Rails (not sure what they would be called): NOT like for mine carts, but a different type of rail. These rails you place them kind of like wire and maybe have a Screw Driver tool to slope them. Then you have some kind of Rail Hook, or Rail Wheels (Not sure what we should call them) that you can place like an Actuator on blocks. Then we have Rail Motors that connect to the rails and when active will send Rail Hook/Wheel thingys and the block they are on sliding along the rail. Also the Screw Driver tool can change the directions of the Motors and we need a way to set the Motor's speed. If you are not getting what I am getting at by now... This is what I want to happen.
--->
Cyber_Track.png
smas-smb3_w3-2_rail.png
mm2-platforms.png
320148-batman-return-of-the-joker-nes-screenshot-stage-2-1-some-moving.png

Yes, moving platforms. Terraria is a side scrolling game. We need a way to make moving platforms like they have in all other side scrolling platforming games. And I think this would be the way to do it.

• programmable turrets for homebase defense, probably multiple models improving with progression through the game. likely have hit points, and drop some of their construction components when 'killed'. maybe don't work where a certain number of 'villager' NPCs are not present, to avoid game-breaking.
sorry; i really liked the turrets in starbound and i think, with all the martian tech falling on our heads, we ought to be able to figure something out!

• electric fence or some means (likely a complex one) of actually keeping mobs out of builds. perhaps does not work during invasions such as blood moon, or requires immense sacrifice of currency, time, farming, etc. to acquire a version that repels invasions too. aforementioned turrets could handle avian eyesores. maybe programmable to target or not target critters.
my builds are great complex rambling things, and i am so sick of zombies and slimes mucking up the place. i am tired of never being allowed a nice outdoor park-like area that is safe and free of the ugly, and i am sick of mobs very improbably falling on my head from atop buildings. i get that this is a problem of the way monsters spawn, but surely there should be options for the great builders among us to keep crap off our beautiful edifices. :p tech items created and installed via the wiring system could be a feasible answer.

• martian satellites (with a certain range?) for preventing meteorites. currently, the only prevention option is to have 800 blocks of meteorite in a large world, and that really frells my aesthetics.

likely need a whole new mess of craftable and farmed components for the creation of such devices, but i am not a techy sort. i do not make incredibly complex wiring constructions, so i am sorry all i can offer are abstract ideas. you probably cannot use my suggestions. thanks for your time, anyway.

honestly, i would vastly prefer magical versions of turrets and other mob deterrents, but i thought i would throw these suggestions here while i remembered them. perhaps something like magitech is an option. wizard and mechanic could work together, if only wizard could remember her name. . . .

That sounds like a great idea.
  • programmable turrets for homebase defense, probably multiple models improving with progression through the game. likely have hit points, and drop some of their construction components when 'killed'. maybe don't work where a certain number of 'villager' NPCs are not present, to avoid game-breaking.
sorry; i really liked the turrets in starbound and i think, with all the martian tech falling on our heads, we ought to be able to figure something out!

• electric fence or some means (likely a complex one) of actually keeping mobs out of builds. perhaps does not work during invasions such as blood moon, or requires immense sacrifice of currency, time, farming, etc. to acquire a version that repels invasions too. aforementioned turrets could handle avian eyesores. maybe programmable to target or not target critters.
my builds are great complex rambling things, and i am so sick of zombies and slimes mucking up the place. i am tired of never being allowed a nice outdoor park-like area that is safe and free of the ugly, and i am sick of mobs very improbably falling on my head from atop buildings. i get that this is a problem of the way monsters spawn, but surely there should be options for the great builders among us to keep crap off our beautiful edifices. :p tech items created and installed via the wiring system could be a feasible answer.

• martian satellites (with a certain range?) for preventing meteorites. currently, the only prevention option is to have 800 blocks of meteorite in a large world, and that really frells my aesthetics.

likely need a whole new mess of craftable and farmed components for the creation of such devices, but i am not a techy sort. i do not make incredibly complex wiring constructions, so i am sorry all i can offer are abstract ideas. you probably cannot use my suggestions. thanks for your time, anyway.

honestly, i would vastly prefer magical versions of turrets and other mob deterrents, but i thought i would throw these suggestions here while i remembered them. perhaps something like magitech is an option. wizard and mechanic could work together, if only wizard could remember her name. . . .

Chlemtaminator traps. So we can wire up biome changing switches and contraptions. Use the color chemical you want in crafting to get the color trap you want.

Not really a trap but you get the idea I think.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom