Official Get Wired For Terraria 1.3.1: Calling All Terrarian Mechanics!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wow man i got a idea for this...

Lunar Wrench
+40 Range
50% Chance to not consume wire
Has insane rapid speed.

Think about it that makes no sense. 1.2.1 was halloween update and 1.2.2 was christmas update.Halloween is in October-November. Christmas is in December.What that means?
1.2.1 came in Oct. 25th and 1.2.2 came Dec. 20th. Ok, so I may have over exaggerated, but still, over 2 months is a lot
[DOUBLEPOST=1440781783,1440781754][/DOUBLEPOST]
Wow man i got a idea for this...

Lunar Wrench
+40 Range
50% Chance to not consume wire
Has insane rapid speed.
A use time of 0 if you will
[DOUBLEPOST=1440781900][/DOUBLEPOST]
Still waiting on the cactus NPCs.
The cactus npc was a joke in development of 1.2. They teased it along with the actually real ability to place cactus and make it into armor and other things

well, we hope that in the 1.3.1 Terraria will be translated at least almost all.
it is sad to see one of the best games translated badly:(:( I hope that you translate it well this time

Some Wiring Ideas

"Multicore cable" that carries wires of multiple colour, that can be broken out with "multiplexors"
"Multiplexor" splits multicore cable into N single colour cables
"Transistor" Self explanatory really...
"Gates" and/not/or connectors (or let players figure out if they can make them out of transistors)
"Delay" to delay a signal
"Wire coil" can be dropped like rope coil
"Wireless" transmitters/receivers (as per another suggestion) - Teleporting over wireless links should have a chance that is gets corrupted and kills the player (dependent on length / terrain)
"Counter" Numeric display where there is a + wire, - wire and reset wire
Expert mode chat could be range limited unless you have "wireless communicator"
"Radio Communicator Handset" can held or placed on a table, relays chat to everyone near it
"Desktop Communicator" communicator as above, but communicators must be wired together
"Light sensor" activates in daytime (on surface)
"Motion sensor" actives when xxxx is in range / breaks the beam
"Modulator" sends a pulse (like timer) when switched on by another signal

we need content similar to Minecraft's "Feed the Beast" and "Tekkit" mods.

Adding background tile pipes *and forground*, that can hook up to machines that can auto-craft materials. As well as a way to store material that can be transfered into said pipes.

Best of all: Oil.

Make pumps far more of a useful item by allowing them to collect oil *buckets too, but eh* and allow said oil to power machines better than Slime, or Wood. This would advance the game faaar ahead in terms of content for all the steam-punkers out there with allowing steam power, and for people who want to make factories that can actually work!

I know this might now be seen by the devs, but please, PLEASE, consider this. I can even further complex on this idea if you'd like!

That's the whole idea - it'd be useful for puzzle maps.

Maybe if there was a special trap and a special gun that could do it. I'm to worried that I would break them by accident in my normal world.

-Jump pads

I certainly want that. Maybe they could be made with pink gel.

• logic gates and similia (I know many people already asked this);
  • more wire colors, to allow more complex wiring without doing crazy circumnavigations;

"Gates" and/not/or connectors (

Logic gates are already in.
31r5w1R.gif

As are yellow wire. Unfortunately the game engine will only allow 4 wire colors from the looks of it.
zrgyDPR.gif

I'm not sure if this was mentioned (and, heck, alot of good ideas were mentioned), but I would want to suggest musical pressure plates/switches. Like if you step on one of them, it plays a note. Maybe just a simple scale (or if you could give a chance for flats and sharps, that would be awesome too).

Maybe we could have something like the paint sprayer, but with wires, actuators, and, if worn at the same time (or combined at a tinkerers workshop), both. The wire one would be crafted with a wrench and 4 iron bars. The actuator one would be made with 15 actuators and 4 iron bars. I'm not good at making crafting recipes, ok?

One definitely should be able to make colored wires by combining existing dyes and wire, thus alowing a multitude of wire colors.

Another thing that would be nice is a mechanism that allows to transfer power/signal between differently colored wire, e.g. from green to red for example.

One definitely should be able to make colored wires by combining existing dyes and wire, thus alowing a multitude of wire colors.

Another thing that would be nice is a mechanism that allows to transfer power/signal between differently colored wire, e.g. from green to red for example.

I'm afraid we will only have 4 colors.

http://forums.terraria.org/index.php?members/cenx.5/&page=3#profile-post-139548

However if we have a wire to transfer the pulse from one wire to another, even having that work with pumps and teleporters, then I would say 4 colors is plenty.

Logic gates are already in.
31r5w1R.gif

As are yellow wire. Unfortunately the game engine will only allow 4 wire colors from the looks of it.
zrgyDPR.gif

Sorry for my ignorance @Master Geass , but can you explain this better to me?

I am not aware of any fourth colour wire/wrench: is that a mod?

I also don't recognize some of the blocks in the first GIF.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom