Official Get Wired For Terraria 1.3.1: Calling All Terrarian Mechanics!

Status
Not open for further replies.
MY post was bekose a Terrarian writ
Yep that's what I meant.
What? Grammar, please.
Make the mechanic so sometimes it looks like he is wiring something!
--- Double Post Merged, Yesterday at 11:17 AM ---
:happy: And an enemy that drops wires
[DOUBLEPOST=1441213251,1441212733][/DOUBLEPOST]
its the wiring update!
i will like if it was a different update like: a new boss, new items,
?!why not?!
;):rolleyes::naughty:
The mechanic is a girl, not a "he". Also, it's the wiring update. They're taking a break from bosses and stuff. Also, they are asking for wiring suggestions, other suggestions go in their proper forums.
[DOUBLEPOST=1441232428][/DOUBLEPOST]
Why cant the engine support more than 4 colors of wire/wrenches?
Because the engine hates cenx.

Maybe it could deal 50% of your current HP.

Anyway, here is my idea. Don't know if this has been suggested yet, but it would be cool if you could link two or more chests of the same type with wire and link their insides. It would be easily accessible by people who don't use the wiring system much, and it would be useful for everyone. And now that we can craft from the contents of a chest, it would be nice to be able to dump all of your stuff in your storeroom and then, for example, have your ores next to your furnace and anvil too.

The only issue that I can think of is that I can think of is that in multiplayer worlds is that this could possibly be used for duping, but that could easily be fixed by only letting one instance of a chest be open at a time. It could also require a different wire that could be HM exclusive or something.
That would make it impossible to die from.

Hmm, speaking about a cleansing machine, wouldn't 250 block radius be rather small for end game? The size of a small map is 8,400 feet by 2,400, and given that each block is 2 feet, you only cleanse 500 feet in the radius, or by mathematical terms it would be a 1,000 feet diameter if the block is the center, per cleansing machine. so on a small map having an area of 20,160,000 feet, that would mean you would need 20,160 machines to fix the world, and just imagine that count on a large world, usually when an item is end game, it takes end game items to craft them, unless all you need is a specified crafting area to craft that specific item with very easy to obtain items, in that case crafting 20160 machines would be relatively easy. So its either make the recipes for the Ancient Manipulator crafting area and have them involve luminite bars as the key metal ingredient but make them cover 100,000 feet, so you'd only need ~202 machines on a small map or make a new type of super rare crafting area drop from the Moon Lord (like 1% chance), but have the recipes be as easy as making something like the Pre-Hardmode Furnace. If my math is off, please correct it, but if you want an item in the game, you have to make sure its balanced by some means, so either super rare but OP or petty loot but easy to craft. True, the developers are the ones who usually develop out the concept like this, but if you do it the developers might be more likely to accept the idea if it can be seen as fairly balanced. Also yes I do my homework.
[DOUBLEPOST=1441234725,1441234375][/DOUBLEPOST]Also, to the conversation about exploding chests, the ticking idea seems like a much more trivial solution. If you really are a hardcore expert player, you'd notice the ticking and run no sweat, if your new to the game, well... (BOOM!)... Oh, sorry, did you need that leg?
[DOUBLEPOST=1441234851][/DOUBLEPOST]Note to self, PvP specific traps... Well, I think I'll edit the list with this next

I definately want to see some kind of axle as this could be used for both basic and advanced wiring. It could consist of something like the actuator which could be placed on blocks and when activated it would rotate the block along with the blocks it is attached to until the axle is deactivated.

5. Logic blocks - Due to Terraria wiring system being signal based, not current based, a logic block would be a discerning into different directions (wire colors) a signal depending on its state. For example: Red wire hits the logic block and depending on the setting and outputs a signal in one of the two other wires. This would have to be done with at least 2x2 size:

You are in luck. Logic gates are already in for 1.3.1. Also look closely at the wrench the player holds.
31r5w1R.gif

Maybe a trap chest underground (when opened BOOM!)

My version of a trap chest is no more dangerous then a presser plate or other switch. It will send a pulse when you open it and looks like any other underground chest. Now it could be wired to explosives so it will go boom when you open it. Still the chest and the two blocks it sits on will likely still be there. I also don't think this would happen on wold gen as they stopped wiring presser plates to explosives in favor of detonators (from what I could tell).

Here's a showcase of some electronics builds that are currently possible to construct in Terraria:

There are a number of interlocking components in the first featured build, and most of those components use giant logic gates. For those that want logic gates in Terraria, you don't have to wait until the 1.3.1 update - you can already start building with logic gates right now. In fact these "giant" logic gates allow for any number of inputs and outputs, whereas the "real life" gates have two inputs and one output.

The logic gates revealed to be in the 1.3.1 update will make some of the current builds more compact, and will offer a more traditional approach to building electronics systems, but as I said you don't have to wait until the next update if you're keen on trying out Terraria engineering :).

As I mentioned in a prior post, I'm most looking forward to the additional wire color. If the entire update featured nothing but the additional color, I'd be happy since we already have all the tools necessary to build whatever electronics systems we want.
The reason I haven't built things like computers in Terraria is because you have to build them so massive. `:sigh:
When they add logic gates and other stuff to where you can build stuff like that at a 1/10 the size then I will make something like that. Right now it just takes up too much space. XD

Just got an idea, what about Remote Activated Activation Blocks? Like it'd be made of 5 luminite, 20 wire, any colored wrench to change wire color, and a lihzahrd power cell. What it would do is it would be wired with the color wire you made it with (so lets say blue wrench in the recipe, so it has to be wired with blue wires), to lets say a chandelier. Now, the chandelier won't turn off when wired, that's where you craft the Hand Held Switches which are made with 5 luminite, 1 switch, any colored wrench, 1 lihzahrd power cell, and 5 wire. Now that you have the switch, and the block wired to something, you use the switch with the left mouse button at any distance and any activator block of the same color as the switch in the world will activate, so now, you can be at The Jungle, and the chandelier at The Dungeon and you go "Gee-wiz, did I forget to turn of that random chandelier I placed in The Dungeon, well wouldn't wanna waste me gold on the electric bills!" and instead of going all the way back to The Dungeon, just flip the switch, and BOOM, the lights are off! While the range is limitless, you have to activate all red activator blocks in the world if you're going to use the switch, so any traps wired to that block have to also be activated in order to use the teleporters you wired to the red block. I mean, I guess it might be simpler than my whole Laser wires with range thing.

The reason I haven't built things like computers in Terraria is because you have to build them so massive. `:sigh:
When they add logic gates and other stuff to where you can build stuff like that at a 1/10 the size then I will make something like that. Right now it just takes up too much space. XD

The logic gates coming in 1.3.1 will only save a small bit of space, since the current gates (AND, OR, etc.) are pretty small. Also, since the basic gates need to be strung together instead of using giant logic gates, you might not even end up saving that much space altogether. In fact, the 4th wire color will do wonders for compression alone.

What? Grammar, please.

The mechanic is a girl, not a "he". Also, it's the wiring update. They're taking a break from bosses and stuff. Also, they are asking for wiring suggestions, other suggestions go in their proper forums.
[DOUBLEPOST=1441232428][/DOUBLEPOST]
Because the engine hates cenx.
I am a terrarian from Poland and im trying to spell my best.
[DOUBLEPOST=1441245474,1441245243][/DOUBLEPOST]
tfw someone thinks minecraft has logic gates
[DOUBLEPOST=1441239032,1441238936][/DOUBLEPOST]Aww :red: man, wires can be toggled with the cursor now!
Thats true, minecraft has logic gates.
But hwo likes minecraft?!
Most of terrarian dont like it.

Hmm, speaking about a cleansing machine, wouldn't 250 block radius be rather small for end game? The size of a small map is 8,400 feet by 2,400, and given that each block is 2 feet, you only cleanse 500 feet in the radius, or by mathematical terms it would be a 1,000 feet diameter if the block is the center, per cleansing machine. so on a small map having an area of 20,160,000 feet, that would mean you would need 20,160 machines to fix the world, and just imagine that count on a large world, usually when an item is end game, it takes end game items to craft them, unless all you need is a specified crafting area to craft that specific item with very easy to obtain items, in that case crafting 20160 machines would be relatively easy. So its either make the recipes for the Ancient Manipulator crafting area and have them involve luminite bars as the key metal ingredient but make them cover 100,000 feet, so you'd only need ~202 machines on a small map or make a new type of super rare crafting area drop from the Moon Lord (like 1% chance), but have the recipes be as easy as making something like the Pre-Hardmode Furnace. If my math is off, please correct it, but if you want an item in the game, you have to make sure its balanced by some means, so either super rare but OP or petty loot but easy to craft. True, the developers are the ones who usually develop out the concept like this, but if you do it the developers might be more likely to accept the idea if it can be seen as fairly balanced. Also yes I do my homework.
[DOUBLEPOST=1441234725,1441234375][/DOUBLEPOST]Also, to the conversation about exploding chests, the ticking idea seems like a much more trivial solution. If you really are a hardcore expert player, you'd notice the ticking and run no sweat, if your new to the game, well... (BOOM!)... Oh, sorry, did you need that leg?
[DOUBLEPOST=1441234851][/DOUBLEPOST]Note to self, PvP specific traps... Well, I think I'll edit the list with this next
I thought about what you said.
I think it should be like 250 block wide and and go to the bottom of the world or the radius expanded.

How about color-changing power cell blocks? When wired and activated, they would change to the color of the wire wired to them. Then, you could use the block like a battery to activate stuff in a unique way, like maybe you could set them to a certain time and they would activate things every time that timer runs out. Or, they could run a constant signal along a wire. They would be obtained as a late-game item, maybe crafted at ancient manipulator. (maybe they would always be a certain color. not sure)

P.S. this is my first post! Yay!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom