Official Get Wired For Terraria 1.3.1: Calling All Terrarian Mechanics!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ah, I remember the first time I discovered hoiking...the game made a spawn point inside an already generated hill.

But conveyor belts, yes. For farming.

Yeah, also I think the conveyor belts should be hammer-able so you can connect them like you do stairs.

Last edited:
Reactions: NE1
MENU: Disabling Tools
I'm not sure if this falls under the thread's subject or not, but I think they should put tool disable buttons in each player's menu (same menu area that picks teams & pvp). One for pickaxes, hammers, saws/axes, wrenches, wire cutters, and paint tools. Each player will have the ability to disable their tools, and everyone can see when a player enables/disables a certain tool. This is so for certain competitions (like obstacle courses or customed player wars) we can see who is cheating.

Last edited:
Post your issue on the MOBILE forums, net the PC forums...
is that meant to be *not*, if so it was on pc that i found it. and i wasn't calling it and issue, i was just asking if mud bug had seen it too.
[DOUBLEPOST=1445191536,1445191468][/DOUBLEPOST]also, with the pink slime blocks... can mobs and npcs bounce on them aswell?

Rebound Pulse
Another trap/gadget idea: Rebound Pulse. A placeable 1x1 to 1x3 platform/block that sends a wave that knocks the player (or npc) away; whether on ground, sea, or air. Sold by the Cyborg. Players with Cobalt Shield aren't knocked back, but stopped in place for a moment.

Last edited:
Reactions: NE1
is that meant to be *not*, if so it was on pc that i found it. and i wasn't calling it and issue, i was just asking if mud bug had seen it too.
[DOUBLEPOST=1445191536,1445191468][/DOUBLEPOST]also, with the pink slime blocks... can mobs and npcs bounce on them aswell?
Lol!!! im a dork!!! Sorry I didn't know what I was talking about!!!:p

ok rebound pulse...looks similar to a platform but more futuristic in appearance however....if possible depending on placement and/or upon position of player...ie is the mouse cursor below the player then the pulse would be directed upwards once placed, if placed to left of player above feet pulse would be directed towards the right and so on....the item is just one block in size but there would be a limit imo to say maybe instead of 1x3 how about 1x4 max spread either horizontal or vertical per "unit" along with say a required gap of the max # of platforms placed (ie if max number placed together is 4 then 4 block space both vertically and horizontally around it)...and as far as what mobs it affects...players only would be fine if considered overpowered....perhaps an endgame tiered item for all mobs/npcs/players...strength of pulse pushback....hmmmm idk 4x the height of the player? shields...idk...maybe the whole entity type pressure plate concept instead of that shield idea for MP etc

ps...typically I choose to leave out details in things because as far as game balance and recipes etc...I just feel that those writing the ideas should especially when getting inspiration from others for ideas...at least have that to be able to pick and choose and design along with the artwork as well.

love it ? hate it ? ... could be interesting though
Me likey!

A few ideas that aren't wire related:
- You should be able to customize your portal gun's portal colors.
- There should be a summon dye slot. Either that, or have summons affected by your pet dye slot.
- When you apply dye to a light pet, it should change the color of the light.

ok rebound pulse...looks similar to a platform but more futuristic in appearance however....if possible depending on placement and/or upon position of player...ie is the mouse cursor below the player then the pulse would be directed upwards once placed, if placed to left of player above feet pulse would be directed towards the right and so on....the item is just one block in size but there would be a limit imo to say maybe instead of 1x3 how about 1x4 max spread either horizontal or vertical per "unit" along with say a required gap of the max # of platforms placed (ie if max number placed together is 4 then 4 block space both vertically and horizontally around it)...and as far as what mobs it affects...players only would be fine if considered overpowered....perhaps an endgame tiered item for all mobs/npcs/players...strength of pulse pushback....hmmmm idk 4x the height of the player? shields...idk...maybe the whole entity type pressure plate concept instead of that shield idea for MP etc

ps...typically I choose to leave out details in things because as far as game balance and recipes etc...I just feel that those writing the ideas should especially when getting inspiration from others for ideas...at least have that to be able to pick and choose and design along with the artwork as well.

love it ? hate it ? ... could be interesting though

edit: buffer zone should be 2x the max size of unit and player/mob/npc must be within 3 tiles of said unit in order to activate it...something along those lines
Totally!
[DOUBLEPOST=1445199034,1445198675][/DOUBLEPOST]Grappling Hook: swinging!
Who thinks it'd be a cool idea if all grappling hooks could swing? Like when you grapple something then hold down on the directional keys (or "s" for most) it swings like a rope...let go of "down" it continues to pull to the grappled object.
George! George! George of the jungle!

Last edited:
Totally!
[DOUBLEPOST=1445199034,1445198675][/DOUBLEPOST]Who thinks it'd be a cool idea if grappling hooks could swing? Like when you grapple something then hold down on the directional keys (or "s" for most) it swings like a rope...let go of "down" it continues to pull to the grappled object.
George! George! George of the jungle!
there is the Anti-Gravity Hook, but thats way later than its usefulness. it would be better if u could change the distance you swing at

Team Checkpoints
I was going to make this team pvp obstacle course, and one thing that I thought would be great is team check points (spawn points) throughout the course. That is, if the beds aren't team specific.

Last edited:
Sound Proof Areas
Musical boxes can be made room specific. Maybe it's some kind of material you can place with a wrench or paint brush (only visible with the tool equipped) surrounding/outlining an area (overlapping walls, blocks, doorways, etc) with a musical box in it. You step out of the area, natural music plays. You step in, music box soundtrack is heard/plays.

Last edited:
For the update: I have a few ideas that I would love to see in-game. :)

1. Of course, we need more wiring mechanics! But...there is enough of that mentioned already in the dozens of pages of this thread, so I think you guys have enough variety to choose from. ;)
  2. New enemies: robots. Seems wire-related to me! We do not have any robot-related enemies yet, other than the mechanical bosses. Or not that I remember. They are spawned in a certain sub-biome found underground, like the underground factory, for instance, similar to a mushroom biome. There is an abundance of mechanical chests found there which can hold rare items, like the drone pet, or the robot claw (like an enhanced extendo-grip).
  3. My best idea: With various ingredients from the Steampunker, Mechanic, Cyborg, underground factories, and the Mechanical Bosses, you can craft the Satellite Signal: An event-summoning item. It summons the Hardmode Robot Invasion Event. It is much like the Christmas Event, Halloween Event, and Alien Invasion Event. In difficulty, It is post-Plantera, but pre-Lunar. There will be cyborgs, robots, drones, maybe Terminators, and all sorts of mechanical enemies. There will also be a new robot boss - The Electric Emperor/Steel Sorcerer/Mechanical Menace/Rusty. Main attacks will include lightning, lasers, bombs, missiles, and more! All enemies drop their parts, lots of money, and special gadgets used for advanced wiring, like logic gates. And if you want, you can play some overused electro-dubstep in the background of the event. That would be hilarious!
I look forward to any Terraria update, and this is no exception! 1.3.1! :D

P.S. - I apologize if there was a repeat in ideas - I did not look at the whole thread. Also, I give full permission for these ideas to be built upon by anyone. Just be sure to give credit. Much appreciated. By the way, I am good at graphic arts - If anyone is interested in concept art of what I picture, feel free to ask.

:pumpking: Happy Halloween! :pumpking:

For the update: I have a few ideas that I would love to see in-game. :)

1. Of course, we need more wiring mechanics! But...there is enough of that mentioned already in the dozens of pages of this thread, so I think you guys have enough variety to choose from. ;)
  2. New enemies: robots. Seems wire-related to me! We do not have any robot-related enemies yet, other than the mechanical bosses. Or not that I remember. They are spawned in a certain sub-biome found underground, like the underground factory, for instance, similar to a mushroom biome. There is an abundance of mechanical chests found there which can hold rare items, like the drone pet, or the robot claw (like an enhanced extendo-grip).
  3. My best idea: With various ingredients from the Steampunker, Mechanic, Cyborg, underground factories, and the Mechanical Bosses, you can craft the Satellite Signal: An event-summoning item. It summons the Hardmode Robot Invasion Event. It is much like the Christmas Event, Halloween Event, and Alien Invasion Event. In difficulty, It is post-Plantera, but pre-Lunar. There will be cyborgs, robots, drones, maybe Terminators, and all sorts of mechanical enemies. There will also be a new robot boss - The Electric Emperor/Steel Sorcerer/Mechanical Menace/Rusty. Main attacks will include lightning, lasers, bombs, missiles, and more! All enemies drop their parts, lots of money, and special gadgets used for advanced wiring, like logic gates. And if you want, you can play some overused electro-dubstep in the background of the event. That would be hilarious!
I look forward to any Terraria update, and this is no exception! 1.3.1! :D

P.S. - I apologize if there was a repeat in ideas - I did not look at the whole thread. Also, I give full permission for these ideas to be built upon by anyone. Just be sure to give credit. Much appreciated. By the way, I am good at graphic arts - If anyone is interested in concept art of what I picture, feel free to ask.
This idea has never been mentioned!

How about:

-some sort of auto turrets (maybe a machine gun or ballista?) to deal with enemies (I'm looking at you harpies and stupid flying eye things)

- sort sort of forcefield thing that can block projectiles and enemies with teleportation or ability to pass through walls (like goblin sorcerors and shades)
- maybe some sort of laser that can act as a long range wire/ a way to damage a group of enemies at once

- some sort of motor that can rotate a few objects or maybe a piston?

-or maybe even a drop collector for people with mob farms!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom