Official Get Wired For Terraria 1.3.1: Calling All Terrarian Mechanics!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am late to this thread but I had some ideas:

1. A force field system would be an interesting new mechanism. A transparent force field block could be crafted from Luminite, some high-tier ore/bar, or a drop from the Martian Madness event. The blocks would be semipermeable, allowing the player to go through but not enemies or their projectiles (though bosses should be permitted). Due to the over-powered nature of this item, a debuff called Sanctuary or Consecrated Ground could be given for the duration of the player's time in the force field. This debuff would prevent the player from using weapons, potions, tools, etc. to prevent players from attacking enemies from total safety. This mechanism might require a new type of wire crafted from a high-tier ore/bar.

2. This idea is less developed and more of a concept. I believe there should be wireless mechanisms which can be controlled from afar using some manner of remote control.

- Buttons. They would function identically to switches, but on/off would look the same. This would allow for a uniform appearance for, say, a row of teleporters. It might not provide a whole lot of functionality, but I also know it would take, like, 5 minutes to implement. :)

- Allow some objects to be inputs and outputs. e.g. having a pressure plate connected to a switch would allow you to turn off the pressure plate and all the traps that the pressure plate might be connected to. Unfortunately, this one would probably require quite a bit of consideration as to how everything would be interpreted. Why doesn't the pressure plate flip the switch instead? Perhaps new objects would have to be created specifically for this, and it have to always go: input -> i/o -> output. Perhaps these objects could even be 3 blocks wide/tall so that one side was input and one side output, and then they could even be connected in series. I'm not sure how you'd want to implement it, I just know that I really want to be able to do this.

Now of 93 pages of reading i have come to this conclusion: make a pressure plate wich can determine wich way you step over it and it would only activate if you stepped on it the right way... thanks for reading (you probably shouldnt you nearly wasted 10 seconds of your life :p)

Ok well I spent 2 or 3 days on this and figured why let it go to waste and will post it here for others to see. I thought that since there are teams in the game along with minecarts/tracks why not elaborate upon that beyond using it just for location purposes of players. I reviewed all the game modes from games like TF2, Counter Strike games, etc...and yes would need PINK wire lol. This way mapmakers can and will design the maps and actual team play can be incorporated into it with a Terraria twist...pvp just gets boring and there is no point to it.

MP Items

Assassination - Priest Voodoo Doll - either guide or clothier voodoo
doll/team colored dye/10 gold ore
- consumable
- when lt clicked at altar either the guide or
clothier becomes Priest status (buffed health etc)
thus becoming attackable by opposing team
- returns to normal status when crossing checkered
flag or opposing team spawn point
- rt click to follow team assigned player

Bomb Defusal - team bomb - detonator/explosives/team colored dye
- 10 second countdown animation over it
when rt click triggered
- 3 second ability to defuse it while
holding rt click on it

Control Point - team control point - team colored dye/iron bars/team colored torches/team colored wire/actuators
- 10 second countdown to become that teams control point and color
- sprite concept - team colored light animation/futuristic/martian or lunar theme

- team spawn point - wooden bed/team colored dye/iron bars/team colored torches/team colored wire
- sprite concept - team colored light animation/futuristic/martian or lunar theme
- rt click to set spawn if player set to same team color

CTF - large amber (with large mosquito trapped in it), obsidian,
and sturdy fossil gems...got the other 6 why not these as well.

Hostage Rescue - lt click to rebind npcs with rope selected and
again to follow player
- goblin tinkerer, mechanic, stylist, and wizard
(perhaps all npcs if feasible)
- when crosses checkered flag (see below for
description/recipe) or team spawn point of
opposing team becomes unbound and stops following
player

KOTH - neutral control point - iron bars/torches/wire/actuators
- 10 second team capture time
- 5 second reneutralize time

Payload - team bomb carts - bomb cart (minecart/detonator/explosives) + team colored dye
- slower movement speed
- unable to connect to minecarts
- moves with booster tracks/team players near it
- 10 second countdown animation over it when rt clicked
- 3 second deactivation by holding rt click on it

Payload Race - checkered flag - black dye/cobweb/rope/wooden beam
- background object
- wirable to trigger fireworks/etc when crossed
Cool idea it is however a little bit hard to understand but yeah that looks great have you ever been in some online server? you know the only thing you see is people pvping unfair fights and boring fights... so yeah it sounds good

Idea:)
Luminite clocks:
show months/days/hours/minutes/seconds or hours/minutes/second
Luminite clock + wire = 0,5 second timer.
@Cenx how about that :golem: what you think
:redmunch::redspin::redmunch::redspin::redmunch::redspin::redmunch::redspin::redmunch::redspin:
[DOUBLEPOST=1445627010,1445626663][/DOUBLEPOST]OOOOO :red:
if you use a boss somoning item the boss somoning item (like the worm food) will bee seen on player

or this:
Larger Water Bucket
largewaterbucket-png.93838
Crafting Station: Water Source
5 Empty Buckets + Water Source = Larger Water Bucket
Pouring covers up a larger radius.

Idea:)
Luminite clocks:
show months/days/hours/minutes/seconds or hours/minutes/second
Luminite clock + wire = 0,5 second timer.
@Cenx how about that :golem: what you think
:redmunch::redspin::redmunch::redspin::redmunch::redspin::redmunch::redspin::redmunch::redspin:
[DOUBLEPOST=1445627010,1445626663][/DOUBLEPOST]OOOOO :red:
if you use a boss somoning item the boss somoning item (like the worm food) will bee seen on player

or this:
Larger Water Bucket
largewaterbucket-png.93838
Crafting Station: Water Source
5 Empty Buckets + Water Source = Larger Water Bucket
Pouring covers up a larger radius.
where is it

Greetings Terrarians, from the other side of the 1.3 update!

Thanks so much for your enthusiastic response to the update thus far - as well as your assistance and patience in catching and squashing so many nasty bugs. With Mac/Linux launching this week, Mobile/Console update news in the air, and the exciting announcement around the new Nintendo versions, it is safe to say that it is a fantastic time to be a Terrarian!

With all that in mind, the team sat down and started to lay out some ideas around what we may want to explore for future updates. We have a handful of ideas and a general vision for where we would like to take things coming out of that - and that begins today with our announcing that Terraria 1.3.1 will be focused around upgrading the wiring & mechanics systems in Terraria!

View attachment 69102
(Image courtesy of @ajidot)​

Though simple on the surface, the capabilities of Terraria's mechanic system are deceptively complex - as evidenced by many of the amazing creations our fans have developed over time. From the Fountain in the 1.2 Trailer to the more-recent computers (and blackjack machines! ;) ) of 2015, you never cease to amaze us. That got the team thinking - what if we expanded upon that toolbox of capabilities? Even better, what if we asked you guys for your ideas in doing so?

divider.png

Well, that is exactly what we are going to do in this thread. You get a sense for what we are trying to do with 1.3.1 - now we need your ideas for how wiring and mechanics can be taken to the next level. To submit your idea:
  • Simply post your idea in this thread which as much detail as you can provide.
  • Anything is fair game: new items, new switches, more wire colors, etc.
  • The team will read through all of your ideas along the path to development for 1.3.1, and incorporate any new ideas that seem really cool
  • Of course, we already have our own internal list of "stuff", but we will keep that a secret for now.
divider.png

Ok, we will let you get right to it - we look forward to hearing all of your amazing ideas.

Thanks!
[DOUBLEPOST=1445631547,1445631389][/DOUBLEPOST]What about a mechanical system that makes it so u don't need chests similar to the Applied Energistics 2 mod for Minecraft PC? U could also make generators to power the systems and make wires powered and have wires that transfer power only. U could have solar power generators, wind, slime, and much more!

Endless Chest - crafted with four biome chests (Crimson/Corruption interchangeable)
Can hold an endless amount of items, and when activated with wire, it goes through any chests near it, like within 50 blocks, and quick stacks to them.

I think we should have daily timers, meaning if you hook up a light to the timer, it would turn off at night, or visa-versa.

I have made a separate thread for my suggestion but I think I can post it here as well. I would like to see natural Lava Traps in Terraria. I quote myself from the thread (which has image examples and some arguments):

"There are three types of Traps in the Underground and the Cavern: Boulder, Explosive and Dart Traps. The addition of Lava Traps would increase the trap amount of the lava level to four. I think the world generation could generate Lava Traps in the same way as Boulder Traps by using Active Stone Blocks."

hmmm maybe motherboard who drops a mech armor that is the wiring class similar to the fishing armor called angler and it should drop mega wrench and mega wire cutter and a addon to the mech cart padded seat allows faster acceleration the why padded seat equals accel cuz comfort equals being focused

My ideas list is more bigger than Canis Mjoris...but....here is it :vv s
-I want some reference to TF2 (like te sentry or dispencer)
-More wrench colors (everyone wants that)
-Some NPC for HARD quests
-Meteors shower strange event
-Some defense building or something
-mini crits/crits by headshots
-Military NPC (For me,that can be cool)
-Me as boss (ok,that will never happen)
-Teleportation grenade
-Some special teleporter without use the wrench color
-Multirocket (Ok....when the rocket explode,appear another rockets or bullets)
-Demons and angels invasions
-Holy hand grenade :c
-RARE paladin's armor
-Explosive flare
-Goo/magma gun
-Rainbow bullet
-Some ustom weapons colors
-Infernal guardian enemy/boss
-Hitsound?
-Fix my english
-Electricity-trhower
-Electrick bullet/gun
-Thunderbolt grenade
-Airstrike helper npc (you can call for some aistrike attack)
-Galaxy Armor (and weapons)
-Galaxy Dragon boss (For the Galaxy dust for galaxy things?/Reference to Yu Gi Oh?)
-This ideas will be rejected
-Star wraith and meowmere fusion ("Cats falling out from the sky :eek:oo")
-Obsidian mimic?
-burned biome
-EXTRA LARGE WORLD
-House/town in ruins
-Deadpool costume! (ง ͡ ͡° ͜ ʖ ͡ ͡°)ว
-Yes,i know,the new update will be the 1.3.1,no the 1.4
-Dreaming doesn't cost anything :c

Offline gemspark walls...without the wiring mess...

hmm...now that I am thinking about it...how about an item like a FUSE similar to actuators but for toggling gemspark walls?

I like that. I was against being able to toggle gemspark walls as I have a number of them as walls already and wires run through them already. They would be turning on and off all the time even though I don't want them to. A fuse sound like it could fix that problem.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom