Official Get Wired For Terraria 1.3.1: Calling All Terrarian Mechanics!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'd like to see a wider array of switches besides the large red lever and the light switch.

Some could cosmeric:
  • Bone Switch - It looks like a bone hand sticking from the wall.
  • Flesh switch - It looks like an eyeball in a lump of flesh.

Others could have special ways to activate like:
  • Target switch - activates when struct with a projectile (bullet, arrow, seed, etc.)
  • Wired Dummy - activates when attacked.
  • Liquid Sensor - activates when it contacts a specific liquid.
  • Light Sensor or Day/Night Sensor - activates during either day or night.

Well I honestly think this idea is okay but I would like others opinions :).

- Time Frequencies:

- Adds a Vivid Highlight to Wires that have this item (Marked in Orange)

- There are timers that can be set customly, so 5 seconds - 500. The wire won't go on until the Frequincer has reached '0'. Once this occurs the wire will turn light blue, and a "DING" noise will go off, and the Frequencer can be set again by any time.

- Useful for stopping wire's from entering wrong wire gate's, or as an "Emergency Off Switch" incase wire's go crazy to trigger a frequency going off.

- Can be set to 0 being forever, or 500 which is a few real life minutes (Almost 8 real life minutes I believe.)

Its not much but I think it can help :).

I might actually use mechanical stuff if wireless functionality is implemented!
[DOUBLEPOST=1439580575,1439580530][/DOUBLEPOST]
I'd like to see a wider array of switches besides the large red lever and the light switch.

Some could cosmeric:
  • Bone Switch - It looks like a bone hand sticking from the wall.
  • Flesh switch - It looks like an eyeball in a lump of flesh.

Others could have special ways to activate like:
  • Target switch - activates when struct with a projectile (bullet, arrow, seed, etc.)
  • Wired Dummy - activates when attacked.
  • Liquid Sensor - activates when it contacts a specific liquid.
  • Light Sensor or Day/Night Sensor - activates during either day or night.
Target switch I'd want for sure.

Ohhhh yeah.... will be looking forward to this update immensely. Some ideas I will throw out there for now-

• An accessory that makes every block you place actuated
  • Traps that can be rotated any way
  • Pressure plates that can be activated by projectiles
  • Day/night block that throws out a wire pulse when the respective time is reached
  • Boulder statue that summons boulder when activated (maybe different boulder which does less dmg?)
  • Obviously some sexy logic gates :)
  • Something that moves blocks (similar to minecraft, perhaps? pistons?)
  • Event sensor blocks that throw out a wire pulse when an event starts
Probably more ideas later.

A mechanism that turns on then immidiatly off, so boulder traps work for arenas, and boulder blocks maybe, so you can store boudlers without piling them all up? Idk , im horrible with wire stuff xD

Wireless Transmitters: They will be able to be set at different frequencies, allowing for much less time spent placing wires. Made with 100 Wire and 10 Nanites. Like wires, they are invisible unless you hold a tool for wiring.

Target: When hit with a weapon, it sends off a signal. Unlike pressure plates, these are placed on the wall.

Tripwire: A placable block made with cobwebs that things can walk through. Once something passes through, a signal is set off. Player speed is slightly slower in this.

Last edited:
A few things I can think of off hand would be cool.

1) The ability to actuate timers (or special timers that have an actuate function)

2) Laser/ line of site transmission and receiving nodes, blockable by player, mobs, blocks, or a variety of those, similar to how different pressure plates are set off by different things. My immediate thought is that these could be used to activate a wire system by having a mob fly though the beam, or to save wiring time by being able to set these up instead of wire for straight shots above the surface

3) Either/Or circuits. Basically one of these would allow one function to run until some input breaks that connection, in which the system defaults to the other function. This would allow for redundant systems for PvP purposes, or tie in with the line of site nodes to provide real-time changes in systems in reaction to mob spawns.

I trust that you have some awesome content coming our way, so let me go ahead and add the one single mechanism I MUST SEE HAPPEN.

Conveyor Belt
___
Crafting Station: Solidifer
Recipe: 2 gel, 1 cog

Mechanics: Moves any entites that collides with blocks. That is to say, the Player, Enemies, dropped Items, and possibly King Slime.

Active States: Slow/Fast/Off. Having 2 different speeds for this thing would really make custom maps and the like very fun to do!
___

That's all for now! I signed up straight from /r/Terraria on Reddit just to post this. I really hope this happens! Thanks, RE-Logic, for being an awesome group even before Terraria existed! :D

I got some ideas here.
Movement Sensor - A dispositive which check the movement nearby and active himself. (Can have specific ones, like for Monsters Only, Players Only Can be used with wire to active doors without right-click on them)
Wireless Emissor - Send a function (Active or deactivate) without wires. (Can substitue long wires paths for teleporters, etc..).
Wireless Detector - A dispositive which detect the wave emited from Wireless Emissor and can active or deactivate the target.
New functions to statues like this ones: http://terraria.wiki.gg/Statue#Decorative_statues (Buffs or increase/decrease enemy spawn)

Note: Of course, this itens don't will be easy to do or buy for don't broke the old wire system.

Last edited:
Wireless connections would be amazing. For example you have a hub of connectors that would allow you to wirelessly connect wire systems. This would allow you to more easily break down circuits without having them run all over, crossing each other and causing interference.

A lower-tier alternative to this would be to have a tool that placed wire from click point A to click point B. As I have found that this is one of the most time-consuming aspects of wiring. Trying to cross a large map with wire is a real headache.

Other things to help speed up wiring processes would be the ability to remove massive sections of wire at once. Like a total circuit reset. Jumping around trying to remove wire piece by piece is a headache, especially before you have more mobility items.

In terms of actual content-specific things, something like item transportation blocks would be great. Being able to drop off items and send them back to your spawn would make it more viable to hang out away from your spawn for longer periods of time.

How about a Robotic Target Dummy? When wired on, it would be considered an enemy, and weapons that home (like the Terrarian's particles) would attack it. This would help show true DPS. Since they can be turned off, they shouldn't foul up things like boss fights either. Perhaps also give them some way of adding defense, as defense 0 doesn't accurately reflect most enemies. I don't know how you'd change defense, maybe a UI box that appears when right-clicked.

I've been dreaming about some mechanisms for a while. Let's say some sort of small axle that can interact with blocks. You put a boulder on it and it's a wheel, you attach a rope and it's an elevator etc. And maybe some sort of vector switcher, it would switch the spinning direction every 1,3 and 5 seconds (if used with timers). Or something like that, you guys know better. And a 10 second timer. And lots of cookies :)
edit: oh yeah, and PLEEEASE make wires craftable

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom