Official Get Wired For Terraria 1.3.1: Calling All Terrarian Mechanics!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Get a pet and vanity,about sheep! :happy:
Oh,also be nice that put wall of sheep as well to give a touch more beautiful rooms where they have a bed! :dryadgrin:
Would also be a great idea to make pots with clay, as they occur naturally in the forest :merchantgrin:,and put more decorations for the green environment :dryadhappy:
I want to put those on the sheep,they are my favorite animals :dryadpassionate::red:
Sheep.png
Please:happy::dryadhappy::merchanthappy::nursehappy:~:happy:`:happy::joy:

Sheep is love
Sheep is Life

Redigit already said that he will add official Mod Support as the Final Terraria Update...Probably it will be 1.4
I just remind them that I want to see that mod API now or even better, yesterday. We ranged players truly need that. *wink* *wink*
Anyways, it's nice that the wiring system gets a rework...
...too bad it's too late. Since 1.3 every single block of the statue shares the same cooldown and so I lost reasons to use anything more than 1 single wire color most of the time. There's nothing to activate with the remaining wire colors. xD

I just remind them that I want to see that mod API now or even better, yesterday. We ranged players truly need that. *wink* *wink*
Anyways, it's nice that the wiring system gets a rework...
...too bad it's too late. Since 1.3 every single block of the statue shares the same cooldown and so I lost reasons to use anything more than 1 single wire color most of the time. There's nothing to activate with the remaining wire colors. xD

I would be very happy if there would be Turrets in Terraria...More Defensive Options = Win Win

How about a machine that you build a starter frame above ground or where ever you want, and it digs downwards automatically at whatever horizontal radius you set the frame to; saw something like this in a Minecraft mod. I figure it could dig down automatically so you can spend more time being out and about, and it saves you from digging the initial shaft for a hellavator or whatever. It would have a chest attached/it's own inventory so whatever it mined out would be placed in there.

I could see something like like an accessory or device that tells you what your automated quarry is digging, kinda like how you have a device that tells you what ore is nearby, but tells you what your quarry machine is actively digging. Worried about chests getting in the way and being impossible to mine with stuff in them? Have the quarry jam or even announce to the player 'Your automated quarry has jammed!' when it hits something it can't dig. Perhaps it requires different drill bits to mine certain blocks? For instance, you can't mine Lihzahrd brick until you beat Golem and and get the 'Lihzahrd Bit', or can't mine Ebonstone till you beat Eater of Worlds and get a drop or craft an item called the 'Corrupt Bit' with an alternate for the Crimson. I could see lava being something that stops your quarry as well until you get the Molten bit, or higher tier of bit in general.

Each bit could mine at it's own speed, similar to how alloys and such determine the speed and strength of a pickax, the better the material your quarry's drill bit is made out of, the faster it will mine and the higher tier ore it can mine. Like a copper quarry drill bit couldn't mine Demonite/Crimtane, and it would mine reeeaaally sloooowly, where as a Molten/Hellstone drill bit will dig decently fast, and a Hallowed drill bit will dig at an even faster rate, with the highest being Luminite. Maybe there could be special drill bits, or perhaps some have special qualities; perhaps the Molten drill bit automatically smelts the ores it digs up into bars, or maybe there's an attachment to the quarry machine that can do that.

On top of that, I could see the Martian Invasion granting access to a special anti-gravity drill bit that allows your quarry to mine horizontally or diagonally by hammering the drill part itself to change direction, or placing the drill on part of the frame or a special part of the frame to make it dig like that. We also don't have a TRUE way to dig PURELY diagonally without having to go back and hammer/alter blocks to fix your tunnel and make it straight; the Drill Containment Unit can do this but unless you MASTER the controls, you're always going to mess up the diagonal shaft.

Sometimes digging can be tedious, or an event is going on and you wanna do that AND dig; you could choose to do it manually or not, and it's not like your quarry could mine further than how you set it, just will keep going in it's set direction till it hits the bottom/edge of the world or something it can't mine. Maybe perhaps it can't mine hell blocks like ash and hellstone till the Molten bit? Lots of potential with this idea, and encourages the adventuring aspect or leaves you time to do things like fishing while your quarry is digging a hellavator. Thoughts?

Actually now that I'm thinking about it, not much of wiring, but I'd really like to see Minecart chests.
IMHO, They REALLY need to expand on the Mincart System too...Addidng more Minecraft (there is a Suggestion on the Forum somewhere about more Minecarts...)

I don't have many ideas.
Uhh... I'll make a list.
Pistons! So it can launch characters and blocks (or push blocks, your decision.)
A tube! It transports items. So you can hook up an input to tubes, and it transports them to the output!
Coloured Wires! Basically makes things easier to find if you're doing something complex.
More soon!

I'd say there should be more mechanically powered traps, like:
  • Catapults
  • Weapon blocks (Place a weapon in the block and when activated, the block will use that weapon)
  • Grenade launchers
I don't know why, but to me, catapults seem like an amazing idea.

pleased to see this!

I
Any way to make blocks and walls invisible. I already suggested Invisible Paint, but that's not related to wiring.

Upgraded Actuators:
Materialization Quadrants
- sold for 1 silver each by the cyborg
- Function:
- allows certain blocks to become invisible (not walls)
- blocks include: all except for traps
- blocks materilized can not be hammered (no invisible hoiks)

Opinions appreciated! :)
@Cenx

There should be actual working elevators
It could operate on something like a grapple, and it would pull a platform up

While a lot of you folks are suggesting for wireless wiring mechanics, I have an idea about a tool; a flat screen that pretty much allows you to manipulate (like activate or rearrange active connections) wireless connections through an interface that borrows some features from the newly-implemented camera mode. To use the panel, one would need CCTV-like cameras that reveal an area around to where the camera is placed. When you are viewing on camera, there'll be two modes you can select in which you are to activate or rearrange connections within the said area. To balance out a few things, the camera and the panel will be using a fairly large AOE.

That being said, it would be a step forward towards the security systems players implement when defending their own towns against in-game events like hardmode bosses, solar eclipses and the like.

As for other stuff, I would like to see a hardmode version of Arkhalis; a sword that's slower than the pre-hardmode Arkhalis but has a larger range, and more DPS. To fit the Castlevania theme/reference, it would be droped off by a Giant Cursed Skull. Oh, I also have an idea for a unique drops from the celestial towers: Diana's sword from LoL that allows you to dash and pass through an enemy, damaging them in the process. To fit with the magical theme of the Nebula pillar, it would be the only sword that deals magic damage so Godly would be the best modifier. Then a gauss rifle or a rail gun from the vortex pillar that uses a fair amount of mana for its high base damage and penetration. Next would be Leona's sword from LoL :p that dropped by the solar pillar. It doesn't have any other effects but a unique flame debuff. For the stardust tower, I would like a staff that allows you to summon a stardust soldier that attacks enemies with a spear. The soldier functions like a turret so if you want to reposition him just left click on the next place where you want him to be. Kind of similar to Azir's sand soldiers, right?

For other stuff, I kind of want unique purchasable weapons from the mechanic like the Crowbar and a unique wrench that isn't used for wiring, but mauling slimes up. :p Also, I kind of want to see a hardmode magical bow that uses mana instead of arrows that drops from Plantera.

NOTE: the devs probably forgot to add Aaron's wings on the 1.3 update. :p

While a lot of you folks are suggesting for wireless wiring mechanics, I have an idea about a tool; a flat screen that pretty much allows you to manipulate (like activate or rearrange active connections) wireless connections through an interface that borrows some features from the newly-implemented camera mode. To use the panel, one would need CCTV-like cameras that reveal an area around to where the camera is placed. When you are viewing on camera, there'll be two modes you can select in which you are to activate or rearrange connections within the said area. To balance out a few things, the camera and the panel will be using a fairly large AOE.

That being said, it would be a step forward towards the security systems players implement when defending their own towns against in-game events like hardmode bosses, solar eclipses and the like.

As for other stuff, I would like to see a hardmode version of Arkhalis; a sword that's slower than the pre-hardmode Arkhalis but has a larger range, and more DPS. To fit the Castlevania theme/reference, it would be droped off by a Giant Cursed Skull. Oh, I also have an idea for a unique drops from the celestial towers: Diana's sword from LoL that allows you to dash and pass through an enemy, damaging them in the process. To fit with the magical theme of the Nebula pillar, it would be the only sword that deals magic damage so Godly would be the best modifier. Then a gauss rifle or a rail gun from the vortex pillar that uses a fair amount of mana for its high base damage and penetration. Next would be Leona's sword from LoL :p that dropped by the solar pillar. It doesn't have any other effects but a unique flame debuff. For the stardust tower, I would like a staff that allows you to summon a stardust soldier that attacks enemies with a spear. The soldier functions like a turret so if you want to reposition him just left click on the next place where you want him to be. Kind of similar to Azir's sand soldiers, right?

For other stuff, I kind of want unique purchasable weapons from the mechanic like the Crowbar and a unique wrench that isn't used for wiring, but mauling slimes up. :p Also, I kind of want to see a hardmode magical bow that uses mana instead of arrows that drops from Plantera.

He had Wings?

I really like your idea it's different than the others =)

I have a few ideas...

One idea that i have is a wire connector that can connect different colored wires (I'm not really sure why I thought of this, may be useful?)

Another idea is some more functional statues that get activated with wires (Corrupt statue corrupts nearby land, Potion statue gives you lesser healing and mana potions, Sunflower statue gives happy buff, stuff like that.)

I had another one earlier, but i forgot it :(

How about a way to "wire" teleporters together without having to actually wire them with wires and a wrench?

Having to wire a teleporter from one end of the map to the other is extremely time consuming.

I was thinking that they would be set on "channels" like walkie talkies. So for example, teleporter 1 would be set to channel 3 and so would teleporter 2 thus eliminating the need to wire them up together.

Here is a couple of ideas for you developers.

.super wrench (increases block range)

.you saw this coming.super cutters (increases block range)

.rainbow wrench (allows to change color of the wrench) mabey u have to get all colors of the wrench huh huh we'll I bet a bunch of people have said this already hmm...well ok how about this.

.oh oh a bullet trap (crafted by 5wire.one flint lock pistol and 10 stone.
A ha bet no one thought of that we'll I hope they didn't hmmmm.... let's try this one.

.this a kinda far fetched one.grenade trap (10 grenades.5wire.20stone) huh huh pretty good one right =/ ok ok how about this one.

.hmmmm...OH! A lava ball launcher (10buckets of lava.10wire.20obsideon blocks)
What about that. =) hmmm.....aaaa how about this one.

.a craftable ball and chain trap you know the one in the dungeon ok I just made up three of the same recipe but different sizes (small.10chain.1boulder.medium.20chain.3boulders.large.30chain.5boulders)
Now that's cool right ooo here's a idea.

.harpy statue (you can find it in the software buildings on the floating islands)
Now that would be useful right well im out of ideas so I will repost more ideas I come up with more.

And I will see u later Wolfie out peace

I would make
Cloning machine (same Ai as an NPC)
Ingredients
5 hallowed bars
2 teleporters
5 clorophyte bars

Duplicator (drop an item onto it and it will make a copy)
Sells from the mechanic after killing moon lord which sells for 10 platinum

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom