Official Get Wired For Terraria 1.3.1: Calling All Terrarian Mechanics!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Alot of people have suggested an endless wire spool, but I see one problem with that: Endless Wire + Wire Cutters = Endless Money. Theoretically you can already exploit the quiver that way, arrows are aren't worth much and often break when fired. Is always recoverable and worth 100 times as much,

Alot of people have suggested an endless wire spool, but I see one problem with that: Endless Wire + Wire Cutters = Endless Money. Theoretically you can already exploit the quiver that way, arrows are aren't worth much and often break when fired. Is always recoverable and worth 100 times as much,

They can just make wires have no sale value after being bought.

That's why with my version the wires just disappear when you cut them.

Although this will possibly never be seen:

Here are some of my suggestions!
Endless Wire Bag: Has an endless supply of wires!
Multicolor wrench: Right click to switch colors from all wrench colors! (Crafted using all the colored wrenches)
Mega Wrench: Same as Multicolor wrench but has much further reach (maybe halfway to the end of the screen) and has slightly better placement speed. (Sold by Steampunker or crafted using Cogs and Multicolor wrench.)
Steam Generator: Generates energy from Water. (PLEASE GIVE SOME SORT OF STEAM REFERENCE!)
Slime Generator: Generates energy from Gel. (Right click gel into the Generator)
Lava generator: Self Explanatory.
Solar generator: Generates energy from da suuun!
Blood generator: Generates energy from the player by sapping health when stood on. Has the highest electricity and efficiancy [I hate spelling] (Blood tank fills up and is full at about 50 health depletion.)
World Generator: Expert only item, Generates Energy from nothing.
And!
An actual useful Angel Statue!!!

Display screens, these can then be hooked up to many sensors/devices:
Enemy sensor, displays enemy count on screen
Grandfather clock, displays time on screen
etc.

a automatic money storing unit that helps with mob grinders
a teleporting rail road for mine carts
a block edited machine that helps with pixel art and use up dye
a shield generator like dryad but the enemy's cant get into the shield as a protection bubble

Last edited:
Hmm. Fair point. I hadn't considered that when I made my post or read other threads about it.

Three options could be: Wires have no sell value; wire buy/sell value is reduced to something low enough so as to be worthless; or endless wire is a separate wire 'colour' with no sell value. Second option is probably the best? E.g. making wire have a cost on par with arrows and musket balls -- drop the buy/sell value for wire from 5 silver / 1 silver to 5 copper / 1 copper. It'd still be recoverable, but if the value is low enough, it wouldn't be worth it.

I want more diabolical traps.
A wall cutter trap that sends out a circular saw.
A Hammer trap that pounds things from above.
A slow trap that slows the affected.

A confusion trap or dart trap.
A cursed flame trap.

And a station where you can make all these traps !

I agree with NextGenNitron... we need the ANGEL statue to do something... preferably related to all those freaking things the NPC are always talking about...

System for WireLess Wiring:
Buy a WireLess Transmitter at the Mechanic for [coins]
Place it down and wire it to something.
Type in a Password or something.
Go to the next thing and place another WireLess Transmitter and do the same thing.
I could see this work...
:joy:

Suggestions:
  • Equipment slot for the Wrench
  • Dye changes the colour of the Wrench and Wire placed (This will add a large range of colours to use for wiring multiple components)
  • Endless Bag of Wire
  • Wireless Receiver and Transmitter (Makes setting up Teleporters much easier)

I agree with NextGenNitron... we need the ANGEL statue to do something... preferably related to all those freaking things the NPC are always talking about...

It already does something. It replaces the Soul water and WoW themed weapons a that could had gotten Relogic a lawsuit for copyright infringement (and a potion that is to OP to exist) it's there as filler.

Also there are other statues that also don;t do anything.

That doesn't mean I don;t want the things to have a function, but it does mean that they aren't purposeless

2 ideas for new wired gadgets. One is simple, the other is more awesome (in my opinion).

1. Laser traps.
They would require a gemspark block of any color and three lenses, as well as a wire and 5 crystal shards.
They will spawn naturally with the spread of the Hallow, and will hit instantaneously along their entire line of sight. They can be hammered to face any direction (including sideways) and deal 30 damage. They can be activated every 2 seconds. They do not penetrate targets.

2. Minecart Launchers
These are not what you may initially think they are, so read this carefully.

Minecart tracks always seemed kind of pointless to lay while mining. Partly because I tend to mine straight down a lot and partly because it was tedious and I could get back to base quickly anyway. This will (hopefully) fix that obsolescence.

The minecart launcher will be crafted at a workbench:
  • 1 Lead or Iron fence
  • 3 booster track
  • 1 glowstick
  • 8 stone wall
The launcher will be 3x3 and have a track through the bottom of it. The booster track animation will be on the second row in the background, to indicate direction of launch (I would sprite this, but Im on my phone) and a green light would be at the top. It would be triangular in shape. It would appear to have one bar "blocking" the track, at the very edges of the launcher. I imagine it being sort of a blueish hue.

The minecart launcher works like this: Attach the minecart launcher to the track at the end of a piece of track, and wire to some kind of activation device. Hammer to switch its direction. It can be placed in the middle of tracks, in a gap three tracks wide, and will simply continue player travel as thoufh it wasnt there.

Place one minecart into the launcher. It will appear to be a normal minecart, and the green light will begin to flash on and off, instead of holding a steady glow. Right clicking on the inserted minecart will bring up one box (like a chest or inventory box) into which you can insert one stack of ore, dirt, stone, mud, sand, etc., but not items like weapons, accessories, or statues (maybe? Would that be ridiculously hard to figure out? Should it just be one inventory slot's worth?). Then you would flip the switch you connected to the launcher and the cart would be launched off at full speed. Minecart launchers have no effect on players in minecarts. They simply act as though they were blank rails. Once you go back to base, or wherever you sent the carts, simply hit the cart with any pickaxe to harvest the cart and whatever was inside.

This way you could literally send your loot home without having to travel back to base. It solves the "laying minecart track is basically useless when actually mining" problem, and it gives minecarts a very useful function. Not only that, but you could use it to make sure jumps, teleporters, and other things worked without having to be in the cart and risk injuring yourself.

Thanks for reading all that! I hope you liked the idea.

More traps please, and the ability to have up/down versions as well. Would LOVE to see a downward ichor trap that spay the debuff on anything that walks underneath. Same for cursed and other debuffs! Chilled would work great for this too

Im on mobile but i know that sooner or later this will bee on mobile too.

What i wold like to see in future updates is hoopers (like in minecraft) for better afk oh and more traps that you can make at crafting station.
Tnx you are awsome.:passionate::passionate::passionate:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom