Official Get Wired For Terraria 1.3.1: Calling All Terrarian Mechanics!

Status
Not open for further replies.
y'know, i did have one thing- nothing to do with wire, but it does hafta do with mechanics...

many will love it if you could have weapons that affect appearance, such as heat ray, nebula blaze, nebula arcanum ,charged blaster, elf melter, clentaminator, and maybe some others equippable- no stat increase, but some of them, if not all, have nice aesthetics when used.

Help me on my quest to make characters more customizeable- LET THIS POST BE SEEN

Last edited:
What about glowing wires? i'd love some light and/or sparkles coming from wires
mmmh and in real life we dont just put a lot of little wires in every place like in the game, wouldnt it be good to set a starting point, walk the way you want for the wires and stop placing it?

Naming of switches/levers/etc, like chests or signs

Red Bracelet, works similar to danger sense, displays red wires. (sold by traveling merchant for 50 gold 1/20 chance in hardmode)
Green Bracelet, works similar to danger sense, displays green wires. (1/40 Angler Quest in Hardmode)
Blue Bracelet, works similar to danger sense, displays blue wires. (Drops from any mechanical boss 1/30 chance, or 1/15 chance from crates)

Bigger Tele-porter, 2 tall and 6 wide (Steampunker, 5 gold, post Plantera)
Bigger Pressure plates, 1 tall and 2 wide (Mechanic in hardmode, 75 silver)

It'd be great to have transmitters that acted like wires but sent signals to receivers of the same colour or something, so you don't have to wire something across the whole world.

This was exactly my thought too! Maybe crafting a colored transmitter in the same way say a timer is made then you'd wire the teleporter to the box and the matching color to the other teleporter. Having it so you could wire like 5 different boxes to 1 main hub with switches that could pop you around wirelessly across the distance would be crazy awesome! Having limited colors would limit the amount creatable/useable per world, a factor to keep it from getting crazy out of hand.

Edit: the ability to wire chests together to a crafting station. So when at the alchemy table it could pull items out of more chests to craft with.

Last edited:
One of the devs said they would never do it. I read that somewhere in this thread. I think it was in the first 10 pages but I'm not sure.

Cenx said "red told me never to do this" (paraphrased) to a suggestion with two things
we can't be sure which it is unless she actually designates :v

One of the devs said they would never do it. I read that somewhere in this thread. I think it was in the first 10 pages but I'm not sure.

Then they really should implement a way to lay down large amounts of wire in a set direction, possibly somehow on the world map; maybe an accessory the Mechanic sells in hardmode that creates a grid on the world map kind of like the ruler, and the tiles you click place wire upon them? For such a wonderful item as the teleporter, the amount of time it takes to set up long routes to travel with them via wire is absurd. It's to the point where a lot of us just use TEdit to place wire rather than build it by hand.

When you drive your players to a 3rd party program specifically to place an item upon their world, it kinda defeats the purpose of having that item in the first place; at least in terms of large building projects. There are some things that just should get a boost to convenience; wire placing is one of them.

Edit: I mean, think about wire, particularly cable, in the real world. We put that bad boy in whole SPOOLS. Even real world wire/cable currently has more convenience than Terrarian wire. >_>

Then they really should implement a way to lay down large amounts of wire in a set direction, possibly somehow on the world map; maybe an accessory the Mechanic sells in hardmode that creates a grid on the world map kind of like the ruler, and the tiles you click place wire upon them? For such a wonderful item as the teleporter, the amount of time it takes to set up long routes to travel with them via wire is absurd. It's to the point where a lot of us just use TEdit to place wire rather than build it by hand.

When you drive your players to a 3rd party program specifically to place an item upon their world, it kinda defeats the purpose of having that item in the first place; at least in terms of large building projects. There are some things that just should get a boost to convenience; wire placing is one of them.

Edit: I mean, think about wire, particularly cable, in the real world. We put that bad boy in whole SPOOLS. Even real world wire/cable currently has more convenience than Terrarian wire. >_>

Then I hope they add my Wire Snake idea.

First off, i suggest a tripwire. It would be sold by the mechanic for 1 silver. It wouldn't require a wrench to place. Tripwire would work similarly to pressure plates, but it wouldn't require blocks to be placed on. It could be placed vertically or horizontally, and would activate anything wired to it when a player (or mob sometimes) walked or fell through it, so you could not jump or fly over it. It would be removed with a wire cutter.
You could remove it with a pickaxe, but it would trigger it as if you had walked through it. The mechanic would sell different colors which would each activate either when a mob stepped on it, when a player stepped on it, or when a mob or player stepped on it. The colors would be the same as pressure plates. (i.e, yellow ones would only be triggered by NPC's or enemies, gray ones would only be triggered by players, etc.)

The mechanic would sell dart traps, and also lihzahrd traps once golem has been defeated.

Light sensor, which would continually power something (lights, etc.) on during the day or when it's near a torch, but power off at night or when its not near any light sources.

Inverter, which converts signals into the opposite, i.e if you have a one second timer, instead of turning on every second and being off the rest of the time, when hooked up to an inverter it would turn off every second and be on the rest of the time.

Prehardmode spiky ball traps, crafted from wire and spiky balls.

Gravitation station, which pulls mobs toward it when activated. Pushes mobs away when hooked up to an inverter.

Pistons, to push blocks like in minecraft.

Delayer, which would cause things like pressure plates and timers to not instantly activate things, as if the electricity is traveling through the wires slowly.

Metal plate, which can be electrified with wiring to make it deal damage to mobs and destroy items.

Black wire, a new wire color.

Conveyor belt that moves items and mobs.

Something to automatically make chests pick up items.

an actuator-type block that paints and unpaints blocks.

A block that turns on when a certain number of mobs are killed near it. Red beams, similar to lunar pillar effects, would fly from the mobs to the block. Can be right-clicked to toggle number of mobs needed to activate.

Explosive cannon, a high-tech looking mechanism(kind of like the mechanical minecart) that can be placed. It has an inventory with 3 slots in it. You can only place explosives in them(bombs, dynamite, etc.). When activated, it would fire the explosive out.

Inverter, which converts signals into the opposite, i.e if you have a one second timer, instead of turning on every second and being off the rest of the time, when hooked up to an inverter it would turn off every second and be on the rest of the time.

How would that work? The wiring doesn't work like it does with Minecraft. They don't turn on and off. Every time a switch/lever is clicked or presser plate is stepped on it sends a pulse. The pulse will toggled what ever it's hooked up to between on and off, or in the case of traps and teleporters activate them. So if the item is off already it will turn on. I don't see what an inverter could do.

Mechanics:
Should be able to hit switches, levers, pressure plates, etc. with a weapon to activate it. (Ex.- Shooting an arrow at a pressure plate would activate a trap.)

Items:
Wire Gun- Found in underground chests, along with 40-50 wire, can place wire, but can NOT remove wire.

Lightning Rod- Drop from Stormcloud- Used to charge up the Electric Charger, will kill player quickly if not wearing Mechanical Armor.

Electric Charger- Used to speed up the use of traps, and other mechanics, but can only be charged up and used if charged by a Lightning Rod and switched on while hooked onto wire(s), also while wearing Mechanical Armor to charge.

Rubber Glove- Prevents the "Electrified" Debuff

Lightning Staff- Shoots out a stream of lightning, like the Charged Blaster Cannon, but weaker and can be shot controllably unlike in one place.

Puffy Black Cloud- Summons a baby Stormcloud

Spark Rod- Summons a Lightning bolt to fight for you, like a weaker version of the Stardust Dragon Staff.

Fire Pressure Plate- Activated only by Lava Waders or any fire projectile or themed weapon.

Water Pressure Plate- Activated only by Water Walking Boots or any water projectile or themed weapon.

Shock Plate- Activated only by having the Lightning Rod in hand.

Pipe- Can be placed: Arrows, bullets, or any other projectile can be turned around, twisted, or transported wherever you want as long as you shoot it in there.

Armors:
Mechanical Armor
Total Defense: 50
Total Wire Placement Range: 10
Set Bonus: Allows the use of Lightning Rod without dying
Bought from Mechanic after Plantera has been defeated
•Mechanical Helmet- 15 Defense, +3 Wire Placement Range
•Mechanical Breastplate- 20 Defense, +4 Wire Placement Range
•Mechanical Leggings- 15 Defense, +3 Wire Placement Range

Events:
Lightning Storm
Occurrence: 1:50 Chance During Rain in Hardmode
Enemies:
•Stormcloud
Health: 300
Attacks Like Nimbus Cloud, with lightning
Damage: 30
Defense: 10
Drops Lightning Rod
•Lightning Bolt
Health: 5
Attacks like Martian Drone, just without the particles
Damage: 100
Defense: 5
•Shocking Slime
Health: 250
Attacks like normal slimes, but has the "Shock" attack like Jellyfish
Damage: 25, Shock: 40
•Shocker (Boss)
Health: 10000
Attacks like Moon Lord, but only has to take down his core, but has two Phantasmal Deathray like attacks
Damage: 50-75, Deathray: 100-125
Defense: 40
Drops: Rubber Glove, Lightning Staff, Puffy Black Cloud, Spark Rod

Yes, I know this is a bit too far, but it's really cool, adds some neat stuff, AND all works up to having more mechanical stuff!

Mechanics:
Should be able to hit switches, levers, pressure plates, etc. with a weapon to activate it. (Ex.- Shooting an arrow at a pressure plate would activate a trap.)

Items:
Wire Gun- Found in underground chests, along with 40-50 wire, can place wire, but can NOT remove wire.

Lightning Rod- Drop from Stormcloud- Used to charge up the Electric Charger, will kill player quickly if not wearing Mechanical Armor.

Electric Charger- Used to speed up the use of traps, and other mechanics, but can only be charged up and used if charged by a Lightning Rod and switched on while hooked onto wire(s), also while wearing Mechanical Armor to charge.

Rubber Glove- Prevents the "Electrified" Debuff

Lightning Staff- Shoots out a stream of lightning, like the Charged Blaster Cannon, but weaker and can be shot controllably unlike in one place.

Puffy Black Cloud- Summons a baby Stormcloud

Spark Rod- Summons a Lightning bolt to fight for you, like a weaker version of the Stardust Dragon Staff.

Fire Pressure Plate- Activated only by Lava Waders or any fire projectile or themed weapon.

Water Pressure Plate- Activated only by Water Walking Boots or any water projectile or themed weapon.

Shock Plate- Activated only by having the Lightning Rod in hand.

Pipe- Can be placed: Arrows, bullets, or any other projectile can be turned around, twisted, or transported wherever you want as long as you shoot it in there.

Armors:
Mechanical Armor
Total Defense: 50
Total Wire Placement Range: 10
Set Bonus: Allows the use of Lightning Rod without dying
Bought from Mechanic after Plantera has been defeated
•Mechanical Helmet- 15 Defense, +3 Wire Placement Range
•Mechanical Breastplate- 20 Defense, +4 Wire Placement Range
•Mechanical Leggings- 15 Defense, +3 Wire Placement Range

Events:
Lightning Storm
Occurrence: 1:50 Chance During Rain in Hardmode
Enemies:
•Stormcloud
Health: 300
Attacks Like Nimbus Cloud, with lightning
Damage: 30
Drops Lightning Rod
•Lightning Bolt
Health: 5
Attacks like Martian Drone, just without the particles
Damage: 100
Defense: 5
•Shocking Slime
Health: 250
Attacks like normal slimes, but has the "Shock" attack like Jellyfish
Damage: 25, Shock: 40
•Shocker (Boss)
Health: 10000
Attacks like Moon Lord, but only has to take down his core, but has two Phantasmal Deathray like attacks
Damage: 50-75, Deathray: 100-125
Defense: 40
Drops: Rubber Glove, Lightning Staff, Puffy Black Cloud, Spark Rod

Yes, I know this is a bit too far, but it's really cool, adds some neat stuff, AND all works up to having more mechanical stuff!
cool suggestion you are an epic guy
[DOUBLEPOST=1439871762,1439871666][/DOUBLEPOST]your armor sounds like a new class

Why thank you! :cool::p
[DOUBLEPOST=1439872189,1439871852][/DOUBLEPOST]
[DOUBLEPOST=1439871762,1439871666][/DOUBLEPOST]your armor sounds like a new class
Now that I realize it, it kind of is! It's like an upgrade to the trap class, mainly because of the new Electrical Charger and Electric-Themed items. I will DEFINITELY add more soon.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom