Official Get Wired For Terraria 1.3.1: Calling All Terrarian Mechanics!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Why thank you! :cool::p
[DOUBLEPOST=1439872189,1439871852][/DOUBLEPOST]
Now that I realize it, it kind of is! It's like an upgrade to the trap class, mainly because of the new Electrical Charger and Electric-Themed items. I will DEFINITELY add more soon.

Back on page... I think it was 26, I had an idea similar to an electric theme; transcending the mere Mechanic update into a full blown addition of electric stuff; give it a read if you're interested. :3

How about... Pressure plates that can be put on walls, so its more like a motion sensor than a pressure plate. Would be good for some of my creations, since pressure plates don't always fit.

Apart from that (I'm not very original, this might have been posted before), maybe something towards an "elevator" or maybe a placeable fan that can be used either to propel upwards or to slow your fall (to avoid falling damage). Maybe even get it to propel sidewards so things can be pushed left and right.

Last edited:
Need wireless transmitters. The mechanic should sell 1 'wireless transmitter' for 20 gold. You need a item that you also buy from the mechanic called a 'signal connector' for 40 gold. You need two wireless transmitters and a signal connector for anything to work, what you should be able to do is click on a wireless transmitter that you've placed with a signal connector, and then, the next wireless connecting you click on with the signal connector will be connector with the last wireless transmitter you clicked. You click a wireless transmitter again with a item that the mechanic also sells for 40 gold called a 'signal disconnector' to disconnect the signal between the two wireless transmitters. If anyone tries to break a wireless transmitter and then reconnect it to somewhere else without the signal disconnector, the wireless transmitter that it was originally attached to will still be connected to it no matter what, until you click on one of the wireless transmitter with the signal disconnecter. And, after you click one of the wireless transmitters with signal disconnecter, it will not be connected to the wireless transmitter it was connect to originally unless both of them are click with the signal connectors again. And also, the mechanic should sell a 'wire bridge' so, in case you've used all the colored wrenches and now you're in a spot where if you place another wire of any color down, it would interfere with everything. The wire bridge is in a 'plus' shape. It allows wires to cross without interfering with each other. Each wire bridge should come 20 silver. The mechanic should also sell something called 'metal wraps'. It's something like the bridge, you put it on wires you already placed. This allows the wires that you've placed to not connect to any other wire, and other wires can out cross over it. Each metal wrap should cost 5 silver.

Last edited:
Missile Mount: It's a flying mount. Double tap for a long dash? It has limited flight time ala the Hornet Mount.

Mecha Mount: Gives a buff to defense. Has limited flight abilities, like a longer lasting Rocket Boots. Double tap and it'll shoot out a rocket punch that does low damage but has high knockback.

Robo-Butler/Simalacrum: Requires gathering a large number of items and materials to create an NPC that just kinda walks around and gets killed during invasions, so you'd have to go through the trouble of rebuilding it. It can wear armor/vanity items, but only as vanity.

Composite Golem: Requires 50 bars each of Paladium, Orichalum and Adamantite (or their counterparts). Creates a golem that glows and follows you around. It's basically a light source pet.

Gold-lem: 200 gold ore and 50 gold coins. A pet.

Silver lining: 50 silver ore, accessory that makes you emit a soft silver light. Useful for early mining/exploration. Possibly increases your crit chance by 1% (because it's lucky/a silver lining)

Pi-Cat-so: A Picasso-ish painting of a :red:cat.

Itsaliveanator: A placeable item. It has like, electrical rods and stuff. But also a space in the middle where you can place items on. Items like piggy banks and grave markers/headstones. Oh, and if you hook wires and a lever to it and turn it on while there's a headstone on it, it'll consume the headstone and spawn a zombie.

Composite Alloy Man Armor Set: Pre-Hardmode version: Copper, Silver and Gold. Set bonus, allows you to fly for brief periods. <- Lead/Iron not required.
Composite Alloy Man Mk II Armor Set: Post-Hardmode version: Paladium, Orichalum, Adamantite. Set bonus, allows you to fly for longer periods.

So it's like, having a Hornet/UFO, only you can fit through doors.

Composite Alloy Monger Armor Set: Hellstone Bars, Meteorite Bars and Crimtane. Set Bonus: Do more damage (sort of like having an avenger emblem).

Force Field Generator: A new type of "actuator/inactive block". No wires required beyond the connection to the lever/activator, but they do have to be connected to one another. Once activated, they block much like a regular wall, but will cause damage if touched. They lose "hitpoints" if touched or attacked though and can be destroyed.

Last edited:
Missile Mount: It's a flying mount. Double tap for a long dash? It has limited flight time ala the Hornet Mount.

Mecha Mount: Gives a buff to defense. Has limited flight abilities, like a longer lasting Rocket Boots. Double tap and it'll shoot out a rocket punch that does low damage but has high knockback.

Robo-Butler/Simalacrum: Requires gathering a large number of items and materials to create an NPC that just kinda walks around and gets killed during invasions, so you'd have to go through the trouble of rebuilding it. It can wear armor/vanity items, but only as vanity.

Composite Golem: Requires 50 bars each of Paladium, Orichalum and Adamantite (or their counterparts). Creates a golem that glows and follows you around. It's basically a light source pet.

Gold-lem: 200 gold ore and 50 gold coins. A pet.

Silver lining: 50 silver ore, accessory that makes you emit a soft silver light. Useful for early mining/exploration. Possibly increases your crit chance by 1% (because it's lucky/a silver lining)

Pi-Cat-so: A Picasso-ish painting of a :red:cat.

Itsaliveanator: A placeable item. It has like, electrical rods and stuff. But also a space in the middle where you can place items on. Items like piggy banks and grave markers/headstones. Oh, and if you hook wires and a lever to it and turn it on while there's a headstone on it, it'll consume the headstone and spawn a zombie.

Composite Alloy Man Armor Set: Pre-Hardmode version: Copper, Silver and Gold. Set bonus, allows you to fly for brief periods. <- Lead/Iron not required.
Composite Alloy Man Mk II Armor Set: Post-Hardmode version: Paladium, Orichalum, Adamantite. Set bonus, allows you to fly for longer periods.

So it's like, having a Hornet/UFO, only you can fit through doors.

Composite Alloy Monger Armor Set: Hellstone Bars, Meteorite Bars and Crimtane. Set Bonus: Do more damage (sort of like having an avenger emblem).

I like a number of those ideas, but they all seem off topic.

I won't read all 38 pages of discussion, here are my suggestions:
-Hammer traps to change their directions. This means horizontal spiky ball traps, upwards flame traps, whatever you want.
-Add luminite wrenches which have additional range and which will create a line of wire of their color when you press, drag and release, from point A to point B.

Mind control helmet. Let's you get into the heads of other mobs, allowing you to play as them. Less likely to work on powerful enemies, and doesn't work on bosses.

Some kind of way to mine diagonally with sloped tiles as a result without having to rely on a super sensitive Drill Containment Unit. A drill you point in a direction and it keeps going till it hits a block you can't pierce without you having to be there, a straight up mining laser, a Goldfish with a pickax duct taped to it's fins; I don't care how if it could be done via machine instead of painstakingly going back and MANUALLY hammering a diagonal shaft to be smoothed, especially in a large world, is torture on those of us that don't like leaving full blocks in our tunnels, or if we want to build a diagonal mine shaft.

I have a suggestion. Actuator Wrenches. This wrench is crafted from a any wrench and 10 actuators. It places down the corresponding color wire, and actuates the block in the same click. May not be too useful, but just an idea.

I would like to see a wireless teleporting system, etc. I would also like to see a bit of programming, like the ComputerCraft mod for Minecraft. I believe the computers run Lua files inside the JVM? Below is some programming and stuff that i came up with.

// Why rain exactly?
$if (rain) {
$("#liztrap1").shoot();
}

and

// Essentially boulder fall code, but specified for any zombie.
$if (**zombie.step(".plate")){
$(".stoneblocks").toggleActuate();
}

In order to give placables id's and classes, one must utilize the ID Staff and Class Staff on the object and a little window will pop up asking you what you want to call it. Both are purchased from the cyborg. Additionally, Class Rockets are purchasable from the cyborg all the time. Using them with a rocket launcher will give all placables in the rocket AoE a specific class. A stack of class rockets must be given a class before they can be used.

Where does the computer reside? As a block? A portable inventory item? Mounted on the block? A placeable crafted from 10 wire and 100 nanites. The computer can then toggle anything in the world. With sufficient programming, this could work as a solution to the wireless teleporting issue.

I think it would be super cool if the language could be similar to jquery, as you can see. The id's and classes would fit terraria perfectly, in my opinion.

Last edited:
Optic link.

Optic link is a placeable object that points to any of the 8 directions (adjusted by hammer). When two optic links are placed on the same line, point towards each-other, and have a line of sight, they are considered "linked", and act like a wire, regardless of the distance.

This will make the long-distance connections much easier.

I don't know if it has been suggested...
I know you asked for wiring suggestions, but I think we need THIS:

Powered Minecart with Chest! We need a moving storage!
4imBarz.png

Powered Minecart:
gCPL8qh.png

Chest Minecart:
PUWQRvr.png

(I saw from the Minecart variations thread that this won't be possible because the chest data is stored in the world file, but the piggy banks and safe's data are stored in the player's data, so make it unique like piggy banks and safes, one per player)

Chest Minecart <- chest data in Terraria is stored in the world file (except piggy banks and safes' data, which are stored in the player's data) so this won't be possible.

Minecart with coupler:
mepDC0f.png

And everything with a white background (to see the coupler):
nhFmyqO.png

This will make mining more enjoyable, also it will make more easy to move items through the map.

Last edited:
Yes good news !
A yellow wrench , fused all wrenchs in chromatic one (right click change the type color )
My goal would be a clockwork theme in my house (like in castlevania series clock tower area ) . We have gear stuff by steampunk , an gear background would be nice too . Why not a moving walkway, travelator bloc ?
A portal blocs wired to another ;look like a teleporter but with a 3or5 vertical blocks line
A dedicaded mechanic workbench . Because she is jaleaous of the goblin one (he don't wanna sharing too....)
The concept fluorescent beams of Snickerbobble's would be shiny too . ( light detector between block ?)
A Big digital clock 3X6 size item to put on wall like a painting , but using 24 hours dial .

The cyber biome would be cool to start with this update . (engineer update)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom