Official Get Wired For Terraria 1.3.1: Calling All Terrarian Mechanics!

Status
Not open for further replies.
1.3.1 Items that may be added.

Terraria is a game that i and a friend of mine have been playing for 3 years now.

After around 600 hours of gameplay, we ofcourse have some ideas as well.
There are different items and blocks that have anything to do with wiring. Lets discuss some of them.

First off the actuators,
Actuators have been problems since i know them. If a lot of them are used on a single switch, they will mostly fail to activate all similarly. Some get stuck on clicking too much or other reasons. This is a bug probably and not a addition (just mentioning).

Minecart tracks,
Minecart tracks will get to the point as well.
We are not amused by the amount of track posibility's yet. It would be great if we could add pieces like loopings and so on. But then they should be customizable and not ingame added loopings. Think about rollercoaster tycoon that has a editing mechanism of placing self chosen tracks that are longer than a single block. and maybe trackpieces that even get you upside down, but at low speed you will eventually fall off.

Next to that case, there are very few different minecarts, and even the mechanical one is not that nice to look at. So it would be nice if new types get added. There could even be a way of adding different vehicles than only minecarts to the tracks (think about artillery based trains or great fighting things, that would look great!).

That makes us think about some kind of trains as well. Add in trains with chests on them so you can dump your stuff inside the carts and let them be transported back home. After typing that sentence it looks like a minecraft idea, but its not even so bad is it?
- Tracks that stop the minecart
- Tracks to let the player exit the minecart (trolling)
- Teleportal tracks
- Jump tracks (make the minecart jump up) (different heights).

Dynamite,
New additions of different dinamite, that can make maybe something like cubish explotion holes or anything like that.
Then theres way too much of them detonators in the world. It makes the trap of tnt kinda less practical. It was a lot lot more fun dying because of them.
- Death bombs like black deathskulled bombs that do loads of damage even to a OP player
- A different way of the working cannons (srsly they shoot 10 blocks and the cannonball drops straight down (whats the fun in that (litterly nothing (even for the cost of 25 gold))))
- I think you guys have a great creative mind so go ahead and make something out of it ^^.

Achievements,
This is based on the gameplay of clash of clans, see the achievement of digging 10.000 tiles is a bit too less for a achievement. You guys should add stars to those achievements so after you did the 10.000th block you can go for the 100.000 and so forth. These achievements can also be added like the fishing thing, but i think that even the 4 fishing achievements should be combined to one. Only after you got the 10th fishing quest you will have a new achievement in its place, starting at 10 going on to 25 etc.

The addition of more achievements can be done for the amount of walking or flying, the nurse threatment and so forh.
Also there could be the addition to wacht peoples profiles of how many times you killed a monster/boss or whatever (since theres a lot of mobs it might be too much work).

Im dutch so please dont mind my bad language...

PLEASE NOTE:
Dont make the mistake like minecraft did on making command block sort of things, because i think it wil make the editing of the game a lot more hard and it will create loads of bugs! I kind of feel like it has taken the updates out of minecraft since it has had no update for over a year. You guys are still awesome at your speed of doing things!
I think that logic gates are a great idea, but carefully let them stay terraria and dont make it too much reallife stuff. That would take away the fun of "playing".
- Angler quests take way too much time to wait for (1 day 1 night). Might let there be a limit of quests like 50 in pre-hardmode.
- You can quick stack nearby chest but not restock?
- No possible way of doing anything in the drill containment unit (only digging) might be a bit too annoying for the use of it.
- Can a safe get more space for a higher cost? Or can there be more safes or a golden safe with this ability? (too less space for the amount of items).
- Wrenches are annoying to carry and drop and carry and drop (new accessory slot?)
- Wireing potions? "What has been seen"
- Item transporters for a sorting system like pipelines "dump in chest and let the machines flow" (not availeble for single stack items).
Pipes to be hidden behind blocks (they are probably not nice to look at).
- Screenshots with the new camera tool unable to put in the steam screenshots library if exit the game.

The mechanical ruler,
Please make the grid less bright and clear. It really makes it a dizzy way of working.

Switches,
May be used for logic gates.
I think that a lever is pretty ugly still i always use switches, maybe think about that or whatever could be done with em (not a good idea for new items).

Goblin's spiky balls,
Add jungle temple based ones after defeating hardmode goblinarmy please ;_;.

Mobs through portalguns would be great.

A faster clock would be appreciated as well. It might cause lag or other bugs, but 1 second is very very slow.
There might also be new additions made after this new clock. (atomic clock (nice name (should definitely add it (i would...))))))))

More appearence of heart-statues (not heart crystals), (the spawnrate even in a large world is pretty much zero).

Thanks for reading if you did, if not i dont mind didn'd read yours either ;)

Just kidding

Hope it will be useful!

Terraria Wire ideas

Wireless transmitters
They transmit 40 blocks in a circle around them.

Wireless receivers
They receive wireless signals

Both are sold by the mechanic all the time.
Both cost one gold each.
Both sell for 20 silver each.

Boosters
Boosters boost the wifi signals depending on the material made out of.

Crafting boosters
5 wire + 10 copper ore + 10 bars
Boosters can be made out of:
Copper bars--- 20 block radius, sell price is 1 silver.
Iron bars---30 block radius, sell price is 50 silver.
Gold/Platinum bars---60 block radius, sell price is one gold.
Meteorite bars---80 block radius, sell price is 2 gold.
Colbalt/Paladainium bars---100 block radius, sell price is 3 gold.
Mythral/Orichalium bars --- 120 block radius, sell price is 4 gold.
Adamantite/Titanium bars--- 140 block radius, sell price is 5 gold.
Hallow bars---180 block radius, sell price is 10 gold
Luminite bars --- 210 block radius, selling price is 20 gold

When a booster is held, all placed boosters and wireless transmitters show their radius and the booster/transmitter they are connected to. This is shown by a light green circle around the booster/wireless transmitter if it is connected, and light red if it is not connected.

Boosters, wireless receivers and wireless transmitters can be dyed by normal dyes at the advanced crafting station.
An red dyed wireless transmitter can only go to a red dyed booster, which can only connect to a red dyed wireless receivers, e.c.t

Boosters are 3 blocks high and one block long
They are placed on a block, but you can go through them like chests.

Wireless transmitter is one block.
Wireless receiver is one block.
Wires can be run from wireless receivers and transmitters.
Wireless transmitters can be turned on or off by a switch.(lever, light switch, e.c.t...)

All boosters are made at an advanced crafting station.

Boy... i'm super late here, because of my ban D: but now i'm back, so i can finally say that Terraria really needs more possibilities with mechanisms. Can't wait to see more ideas posted here.

so with 40 pages, I'm sure everything under the sun has already been suggested, but I'll throw my 2 cents in anyway.

• First up, allow me to reiterate: Logic gates! (I kinda enjoyed creating my own gates in minecraft, so I dunno if I would completely enjoy just crafting a 'gate' item as much)
  • "slow" wire: I really like how wire is instant in Terraria, but not having travel time can really limit some machinations
  • "note" blocks: when powered, they play a chiptune note. Combine with 'slow' wire/timers and the ability to have multiple tones, and you will have a flood of youtube videos of ppl making terraria music.
  • pulse emitter: what if I wanted to use a 5 sec timer, but only wanted it to flash on then immediately off?
  • Remote Control: can we PLEASE have an inventory item that can send a remote signal to trigger our machinations!?!? PLEASE????? (kthxbai) XD

I have a handful of suggestions:
- More types of Traps, and craftable Traps (perhaps use naturally-occurring traps to craft variants). Ichor/Cursed Flame variants of existing traps, repeatable explosive traps that don't break blocks, and traps that push but don't harm come to mind.
- A recall-type item (potion or otherwise) that allows you to teleport to Teleporter pads without needing to be at a linked Teleporter pad. Perhaps have it similar to wormhole potions in that you select your target teleporter from the map. (While on the subject of wormhole potions, I'd love to see a static item like the Magic Mirror that allows you to teleport to teammates without being consumed. Maybe let the cell phone do it as long as the target player also has a cell phone.)
- Boss-Summoning shrines (Somewhat similar to the Lihzard Altar for Golem). When activated via wire, if the Boss' summoning requirements are met, the boss spawns as if a player used the summon item from that location. Perhaps have them as rare boss-drops/chest-loot, or craftable via a large number of the boss' requisite summoning items and/or trophies. They can also serve as decorations.
- More functional Statues, and more frequent access to various statues. Perhaps have a small chance of a mob being able to drop its own statue, reward it similar to the banners after a certain number of kills, or add a new item that allows you to turn a foe into their respective statue (Medusa head variant?)
- More options for passing through a wall besides doors and actuators. Perhaps a portcullis block that when activated lowers a portcullis in a manner like the Lihzard Spear traps, a Drawbridge that extends/retracts when toggled, so players can build a moat-like entrance, and a water-repelling door or trap-door for underwater entrances.
- Add a crafting station (or change an existing one) that allows the player to craft wires and mechanism-related items using low-tier ores, so that they remain useful for the whole game.
- Mechanic-themed weapons and/or armor. Perhaps a weaponized wire cutter, usable for attacking and cutting wire, or an armor bonus that lets you see wires without holding a mechanism. Maybe another hybrid-tool like the Hamaxe, combining the Axe and Wirecutter.
- Add the ability for a player to lock a door such that they can reopen it, but NPCs can't.
- More furniture blocks that light up when toggled with a signal (like the mushroom statue). Maybe a mechanic/electrician-themed furniture set that looks like tubes, and when they receive power the tubes light up.
- More light-sources that work underwater.

Some more far-fetched suggestions:
- One the subject of underwater stuff (but unrelated to wiring and mechanisms) I'd love to see underwater-themed furniture, and maybe even a merfolk NPC that lives under water. He could sell water-related things, or maybe even have him be able to summon water, and have an option for the player to ask him to create water somewhere. His spawn condition might be related to fishing, Duke Fishron, or even a new rain-based event so he spawns in similar fashion to the Pirate.
- Weather changing item. When toggled, it forces a weather condition while it is on-screen. Maybe allow it to be variable, from a very light drizzle to a torrential downpour. Also allow it to do snow/blizzard in non-snow biomes and rain in snow biomes. If it is reasonable, maybe make it so that raining in a snow biome makes snow blocks slippery, and snow weather in non-snow biomes covers blocks in a temporary visual effect (like white, snowy grass).
- A statue or Weapon rack variant that can hold your weapons and swing them when activated.
- Auto-turrets that you load with ammo and they can aim/shoot at mobs, much like town NPC attack behavior. Perhaps require them to be powered by something wire-related in order to function, and allow mobs to attack them and break them. For balance, maybe have them be a limited resource, or you can only have so many active at once, or maybe have them deactivate when evil powers (bosses and/or events) are present so they don't get used to AFK farm.
- Something like an Electric Fence or an exposed wire that, when activated, damages anything touching it. An example use would be to lay a bunch down in a line in front of your base, and set the pressure plate near the door. Then, when mobs step on the plate, they and everything behind them gets shocked.
- Chain Lightning trap. Releases a damaging bolt that jumps from enemy to enemy, dealing less to each as it passes through.
- Allow the player to intentionally reveal player-placed wiring even when not wielding a mechanism. Maybe another color of wire that is just always visible, or a special wrench that lays visible wires. This would be useful to make it obvious to other players where your traps are, or that there's a special entrance.
- A painting that, when it receives a wire signal, changes what it depicts.

well maybe if you're a challenger how about the make boss summoning items spawn the boss when that boss is alive, but only in singleplayer.
and revert the bug where you can spawn more than one Duke fishron, but only in singleplayer.

This isn't related to mechanisms or wires, but maybe a set modeled after Touhou Project? Like there can be a pair of craftable wings using every type of gem or perhaps a maid outfit? A gun that changes bullets into yin-yang orbs or doll minions? Perhaps even a broom mount with infinite flight and star-shaped particles?

1) A trap that gives debuffs.
2) A trap that gives buffs
3) A way to craft temple traps. Maybe require solar fragments or something? I'm sure the team can think of something...
4) A trap that makes hazard type enemies like in the dungeon.
5) A trap that teleports the player somewhere random.
6) A trap that charges coins... Maybe...

I think logic gates, counters (count ticks) and comparers (compare two numbers) would all be great, though the wiring system would have to be change to have comparisons work. I really like how Starbound makes connecting two points very easy -- I think perhaps moving away from wires and towards a point-and-click system -- or some sort of wireless system makes a lot of sense. Starbound's system makes it a lot easier to have larger and more complex mechanics, since you don't have the same propagation worries -- though this could be avoided if we move to a simple on/off system (timers flip between on and off).

If wires are kept, I'd like the graphic for multiple wires to show each wire separately in the square (smaller than normal) and to be able to cut each wire separately. I'd like to see more wire color options, but the ability to have a multi-color wrench, as some have suggested.

I'd like to see something that can place blocks, seeds, and other items. And some sort of automated collection/mining/chopping item. Similarly, something that automatically could produce potions and put them into chests would be awesome. I'm a big fan of industrialcraft for minecraft -- I want to be able to make and design complicated systems that get rid of busy-work - since busy-work isn't a game challenge.

Not sure if this is mechanics per se, but I'd love to see the ability to copy a building design as schematic, and then use a device to paste that same design. Perhaps even a way to modify the design to use different blocks. Perhaps a mechanism to copy a design, and then another with a chest-like interface where you put in the schematic to be used and blocks/furniture/paint that would be needed. It should remove and collect blocks that are already in the way. It would be nice to be able to copy an existing structure or part of one and then make a duplicate elsewhere. It would make moving to a new map easier if you didn't need a map editor. This doesn't need to be a quick process, just automated. Copying/making a schematic should be quick, but building it could be simply place a block/wall at a steady pace (maybe X per tick, where X depends on the quality of the robomagick builder).

I'd like to see a custom trap. You put in a weapon and ammo, place it, hammer it into the desired direction, and then wire it up. Ammo should allow the use of endless quivers and the like. Melee weapon version should be allowed too, imho. I don't think we need turrets like Starbound has though, but perhaps a system for changing the direction something is facing.

Some sort of proximity detector would be nice, particularly if it could detect only in a particular direction. So you could design a ceiling that would open up as you jumped toward it and then close when you got to the other side. But similarly, we need basic logic options so that it won't just open from the top if you walk over it (e.g. rig the top sensor to only close). I'd love to see detectors that can also detect enemies, life levels (absolute and %) and so forth. That would open the door for a lot of interesting options.

I'd like to see more powerful statue options. But I want ones that will require resources to use. I think if we have mechanic items that use resources, then we can have more quality of life options. For instance, if the potion statue is also a storage device for potions, then wire it up and it will apply contained potions (if applicable) to those nearby when activated. Similarly, statues could potentially be made to plant herbs of the held type (ideally with the ability to choose the type of surface it will plant on). Same with the tree statue.

I think a statue option for duplicating liquids is a good idea too. Yes there are designs that can still dupe, but if there's an official device that dupes liquids, then devs wouldn't have to worry about maintaining the liquid dupe if liquid mechanics get adjusted. Hmm, speaking of liquids, it would be interesting to see something like a trap that can spray out a liquid (knockback and maybe some damage with the liquid then appearing and flowing as normal).

Reactions: JK0
Im not sure if this has been proposed yet, but a nice idea would be to add a wrench that places a set amount of wire in the direction you are pointing the mouse at (Eg 50 or 100 wires).

Reactions: JK0
First. A way to dye lights and liquids (as you can see in my post here).

Second. Improvements to Minecart System and new things like Luminite Tracks, in which you can place tracks vertically and also upside down. (a post to the idea here). *Updated

Third. A way to place upside down furniture and mechanic triggers/placing things on ceiling and on the solid walls(right or left walls), giving people freedom to create adventure maps that uses the gravity globe, or other sort of gravity mechanism that can be added, like the gravity walls listed below. (8th idea)

Fourth. Improvements to the Portal Gun, making you able to teleport even on a mount or in minecart.

Fifth. A way to place two blocks on the same block space (50% of each), to make sloping and block transition a lot of times more natural. Mining the block will drop both blocks, first one then the other, or both at the same time. Placing a block on other will make it half block of both, the block that was there before will be on the upper side. Hammering the blocks will make it invert the half block(the upper block will be go to bottom and the other will go to the top), then will slope with inversions too. Actuating the block will first actuate one, then the other, then both.

» Sixth. Target dummies activating wiring system when attacked. (There is some kind of target mechanism already in for 1.3.1)

Seventh. Improvement to Timers, make them remember if it was turned on when the player logged off, so it can still be on when the player logs in again. (More timers like 1/2 second timer and 10 seconds timer would also be good).

Eighth. Gravity walls that pull you in the direction they're facing. (Just like Super Mario Galaxy 2 - Rightside Down Galaxy). Using the Gravity Globe can also revert the gravity even with the walls facing somewhere, using it while the gravity is facing right will make you go to the left. (Gravity walls don't change the camera, just the gravity globe does it).

Ninth. Vacuum blocks that make you unable to jump while on them (it doesn't make you slow as honey blocks do). Air Outlet Duct blocks that push you to the air (around 5 blocks). Both can be turned on or off.

Tenth. Spot-Sensor Wall
Turns on when you're in the spot the wall sensor was placed.
onO5vJt.png

iMznnUA.png
If you're not in the spot anymore, then it will give another pulse to turn off.
When in multiplayer, the sensor won't be deactivated until every player exit it.
oB4Bf5c.png

XhUpkAV.png

Eleventh. Actuator Wand turns the state of a block on or off. It only works if there is an actuator in the block. It does not need any wire actually if you use the Blue Actuator.
I4yCLXt.png

AHXDVGG.png

THzU1ng.png
Holding the mouse button and dragging over the blocks with actuators will work like placing blocks, every block the mouse passes by will activate or deactivate depending on its previous state. Will not activate twice /activate then deactivate again after the mouse pass by the same block it passed before releasing the mouse button/ releasing the mouse button and holding it again will reset this count to prevent activating twice.
Also, there are more actuator colors to avoid cheating in adventure maps.
Yellow Actuators or Actuators can only be triggered by wiring.
Blue Actuators can only be triggered by the Actuator Wand.
Green Actuators can be triggered by both.
lcFfry3.png

08PzU54.png

Twelfth. Hard Doors that only open with wiring.

Thirteenth. Item Sensors. A button wired to a Green Item Sensor will give a signal when stepped on, if the Item displayed by the Item Sensor is present in your inventory it will continue the signal. Else it will stop the signal.
A button wired to a Red Item Sensor will give a signal when stepped on, if the Item displayed by the Item Sensor is NOT present in your inventory it will continue the signal. Else it will stop the signal.
The item can be placed in the sensor just like it can be placed in the Item Frame, but it can only be removed with a wire cutter.
uwikCFR.png

8k4pXFL.png

7nnbxqr.png

ybwF3Rk.png

Fourteenth. Magnetic Glove used to pull or push you toward or away from magnetic objects. (In this case iron or magnetic blocks or other types of objects like shown in the video below). North Pole Magnetic Blocks pull you if you use the Magnetic Glove with the South Pole (Right Click) and push you if you use it with the North Pole (Left Click) and South Pole Magnetic Blocks pull you if you use the Magnetic Glove with the North Pole (Left Click) and push you if you use it with the South Pole (Right Click).
You can see the item in action in the video below. After 7 minutes.
Some tags:
7:04 - 7:13
8:20 - 8:27
9:50 - 9:52
10:17 - 10:34
11:04 - 11:12
14:29 - 15:01
16:12 - 16:30
18:31 - 18:37
18:50 - 18:56
19:04 - 19:07
19:30 - 19:33
20:43 - 20:55
21:00 - 21:25

These are enough to see the mechanic

» Fifteenth. Wire Bridge (3x3 - Can only be seen holding wiring tools) (Recipe: 5 Wire + 10 Iron/Lead Bars at Anvil)
When wires of the same color intersect you cannot do anything to stop them merging. This mechanism is here to resolve this. You just need to connect every wire to its respective input/output color and it will continue the signal to just the respective color it was connected to. Also, it can be used to transfer a signal to different wire colors. (The images below are a better way to explain it)
ZAogzVA.png

Y2PbQdg.png

y1vNKLT.png
(There is some kind of wire bridge mechanism already confirmed for 1.3.1)

Sixteenth. Puzzle Frame
Come in different colors: Red, Blue, Green, Yellow.
Can be placed even if there is already a block in the place. (Works like Actuator, but doesn't hide if you're not holding a wiring tool)
Can only be removed with Wire Cutter.

Puzzle Block
Can only be placed if there is a Puzzle Frame of the same color of the block where you're placing.
Removing the Puzzle Frame will not drop the Puzzle Block, however you won't be able to mine the block with any pickaxe.

Puzzle Pickaxe
Can only remove placed Puzzle Blocks of the color of the pickaxe.
kUMNxFp.png

AeaipN0.png

Seventeenth. Cloning Mirror
It can make a clone of you at a 5 blocks radius distance where the mouse is pointing whether or not there are blocks before it reaches the 5 blocks radius.
You take damage if something hits your clone. He will also disappear.
The original player will be centered in the screen.
Clones move the same way as the original player, and don't stop if there is any obstacle stopping the original player.
The buff can be removed the same way as for minecarts.
Using the Medusa's Head in front of the clone will petrify it but not you.
If the Transferring Gun shot hits the clone, you will change place with it.
m2coQTD.png

nLIBIPH.png
8BWH4ie.png

EVhTZBV.png

Eighteenth. Transferring Gun
Tooltip: "Portal Gun's old brother"
Uses no ammo. (Or maybe mana)
You can change place with something hit by it. You can change place with NPCs (only enemies and town-NPCs), Projectiles, Other Players, the Beach Ball, Clones, etc.
You cannot change place with a boss.
y7lAiZv.png

aM7VHT9.png

0MgXuth.png

Nineteenth. Whip
Used as weapon.
Used to push/pull levers in high places.
Used to balance yourself like Tarzan. (Maybe a type of hook that works like the anti-gravity hook, but that keep you balancing at the same time).
It is an item, not a placeable. (Maybe a placeable would be good too, and work like Pitfall).
Maybe it could only attach to a pole, or a specific block. Maybe it can work like the Grappling Hook from Zelda Phantom Hourglass, (Grappling Hook) and the Whip from Zelda Spirit Tracks and Zelda Skyward Sword. (Whip)
He starts using it from 8:25.
Some tags:
8:36 - 8:58
9:08 - 9:28
9:53 - 9:58
10:57 - 11:09
12:12 - 12:16
13:04 - 13:48
13:58 - 14:25
15:14 - 16:20
I think these are enough to see the mechanic working
Zelda - Spirit Tracks - Whip
Some tags:
0:57 - 1:04
1:54 - 1:58
2:21 - 2:23
4:24 - 5:45
6:28 - 7:56

Zelda - Skyward Sword - Whip
Some tags:
0:20 - 0:40
1:20 - 1:30
2:25 - 2:45
3:23 - 3:30
3:48 - 3:52
4:40 - 6:30 (don't mind the many fails hahaha)

I think these are enough to see the mechanic working

Twentieth. Music Blocks
I want to make music... A lot of people already asked for it and I'm just reinforcing the request.
It would also be nice to choose instruments to play. Well, this idea or something like that. :)

Twenty First. Triumphant Altar (Boss/Wave Altar)
Original Idea.

Crafting - Angel Statue + Safe + 100 Luminite - at Demon/Crimson Altar
Tooltip - How long can you survive?

Only activated via wiring. It gives a pulse when every wave is defeated.
You can only have access to the storage system of the altar if you have the Altar Passcode Sheet(5 Wood + Black Ink + Feather - at the Ancient Manipulator).
You will need banners and boss trophies to place inside the Triumphant Altar to summon the respective enemy/boss, it works like the key of light/night to summon the Biome Mimics. You can use other angel statues to summon more than 1 type of enemy/boss in a wave.
You can summon enemies/bosses without the requirements(Biome, Night-Time, Hardmode, Mechbosses killed...), not triggering progression events(Hardmode Dungeon, Lunar Event...) and not dropping the usual loot from the enemies/bosses(like stated in the original idea).

Twenty Second. Mechanic Chest, locks/unlocks via wiring.

That's all for now.

Last edited:
Overclockers and Underclockers
Overclockers speed up everything that can be wired for example you can overclock the mechanical mine cart for it to go faster or powered rails timers sundials you name it. Underclockers do the opposite they slow down. Of course you need to craft the overclocker with the item you want overclocked same thing with underclockers.
More timers and watches. Cobalt/palladium watches make the .66 second timer mythril/orchalchumwatches make the .5 timer adamnitite/titanium watches make the .33 second timer and chlorophyte make the .25 timer iron makes the 4 second timer wood makes the 10 second timer combine these with the Overclockers to speed it up by 50% and the underclocker to slow it down by 100%
More wire coles using more wrenches
Turrets and lasers
Automatic mining machines controlled by computers
Alternate hallow
Plantera summoner
More bosses
More hooks
More antigravity hooks
Magnetic rocks for magnetic contraptions
Mechanical armor can be used as a circuit if used on a maneqquin or worn to give 20 defense
Support for mods
Nerf the celestial armors a bit
An alternative for the destroyer if you have crimson
A better prefix than legendary
New npcs
Npc weddings
Dryads blessing has a timer for the buff
Able to combine the starfury and star wrath for a better weapon
Generators powered by batteries or solar panels if you are making a contraption I mean how are the levers powering a pump without power
I will think of more later

-Spectral Wrench +5 range(crafted whit 10 spectre bars)
it put wires in cyan color
-Super Wrench +10 range
Sold by the mechanic on Eclipse
It put bloody wire if your world is crimson
It put corrupcion wire if your world is corruption

So, boulder idea time!

SANDSTONE BOULDER:

Crafted with 12 Sandstone @ a Hardmode Anvil

Does a ton of damage (around 200), but takes up a 3x3 space.

GRANITE BOULDER:

Crafted with 12 Granite @ a Hardmode Anvil

Is faster and takes up a 1x1 space, but does less damage (around 70)

MARBLE BOULDER:

Crafted with 12 Marble @ a Hardmode Anvil

Same size as a regular boulder, but is completely unaffected by gravity. Instead, it generates 1x1 chunks of Marble that orbit around it whenever powered by a signal. When it finds that it is floating, it drops one or the chunks to act like a weaker Granite Boulder.

Targets - activate mechanism when attacked

Tripwires - placed like actuators, activate mechanism when walked through

Laser beams - similar to tripwires, activate mechanism when beam is interrupted, stopped by solid blocks, can be redirected with mirrors

Mirrors - used to redirect laser beams, change direction by hitting with a hammer, crafted from glass blocks

Mechanic potion - increases wire placement range and speed

Buff statues - decorative statues give buffs corresponding to the type of statue (ex. shield statue increases defense) when activated with wire, buffs last 5 minutes

Ok now I've thought of crafting and stuff so yea.
Crafting:
Wood wires 10 any wood and 10 wires
Beacons 10 luminate bars 100 wires 35 crystals 10 sol and son (souls of light and night)
Ore wires 10 of whatever bar and 10 wires
shrek
mechanical wings 10 sos sof som sofright and 100 wires.
Mobs:
Sparklings spawn when mechanic arrives and shoots lighting which will cause the shock effect which will make the player still 4 2 sec
Sparkator same thing as sparklings but hardmode
Robot spawns in hardmode shoots rockets spawn in cave
Prime robot a rare enimeie dat can shoot rockets an lasers
Beams found in caves
Little fishrons spawn when killed plantera and shoots bubbles at u and mini twisters and spawn in ocean biomes
Drops: sparklings rubber glove 1% and wire 50% 1-5
Sparkator rubber glove 1% and wire 50% 1-5
Robot mecha piece 11%
Prime robot mecha piece 100% and prism 25% (magic weopeon )
Little fishron any type of fish or bait 25%
Wat do they do
Mecha piece spawns a robot invasion
Prism lik the last prism but weaker
Rubber glove immune to the shock effect
Wood wires range of placement lik wat is better
Ore wires same as wood
Robot inavasion:
Idk u decide
Bosses: idk u decide
Minecarts: razorcart etc

Dats it for now lik if u lik deez ideas and comment my comment if u want peace :D:D:happy::redspin::redspin::redspin::redspin::redspin::redspin::redspin::redspin::redspin::redspin::redspin::redspin::redspin::redspin: TO MUCH REDIGETS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Last edited:
I have a handful of suggestions:
- More types of Traps, and craftable Traps (perhaps use naturally-occurring traps to craft variants). Ichor/Cursed Flame variants of existing traps, repeatable explosive traps that don't break blocks, and traps that push but don't harm come to mind.
- A recall-type item (potion or otherwise) that allows you to teleport to Teleporter pads without needing to be at a linked Teleporter pad. Perhaps have it similar to wormhole potions in that you select your target teleporter from the map. (While on the subject of wormhole potions, I'd love to see a static item like the Magic Mirror that allows you to teleport to teammates without being consumed. Maybe let the cell phone do it as long as the target player also has a cell phone.)
- Boss-Summoning shrines (Somewhat similar to the Lihzard Altar for Golem). When activated via wire, if the Boss' summoning requirements are met, the boss spawns as if a player used the summon item from that location. Perhaps have them as rare boss-drops/chest-loot, or craftable via a large number of the boss' requisite summoning items and/or trophies. They can also serve as decorations.
- More functional Statues, and more frequent access to various statues. Perhaps have a small chance of a mob being able to drop its own statue, reward it similar to the banners after a certain number of kills, or add a new item that allows you to turn a foe into their respective statue (Medusa head variant?)
- More options for passing through a wall besides doors and actuators. Perhaps a portcullis block that when activated lowers a portcullis in a manner like the Lihzard Spear traps, a Drawbridge that extends/retracts when toggled, so players can build a moat-like entrance, and a water-repelling door or trap-door for underwater entrances.
- Add a crafting station (or change an existing one) that allows the player to craft wires and mechanism-related items using low-tier ores, so that they remain useful for the whole game.
- Mechanic-themed weapons and/or armor. Perhaps a weaponized wire cutter, usable for attacking and cutting wire, or an armor bonus that lets you see wires without holding a mechanism. Maybe another hybrid-tool like the Hamaxe, combining the Axe and Wirecutter.
- Add the ability for a player to lock a door such that they can reopen it, but NPCs can't.
- More furniture blocks that light up when toggled with a signal (like the mushroom statue). Maybe a mechanic/electrician-themed furniture set that looks like tubes, and when they receive power the tubes light up.
- More light-sources that work underwater.

Some more far-fetched suggestions:
- One the subject of underwater stuff (but unrelated to wiring and mechanisms) I'd love to see underwater-themed furniture, and maybe even a merfolk NPC that lives under water. He could sell water-related things, or maybe even have him be able to summon water, and have an option for the player to ask him to create water somewhere. His spawn condition might be related to fishing, Duke Fishron, or even a new rain-based event so he spawns in similar fashion to the Pirate.
- Weather changing item. When toggled, it forces a weather condition while it is on-screen. Maybe allow it to be variable, from a very light drizzle to a torrential downpour. Also allow it to do snow/blizzard in non-snow biomes and rain in snow biomes. If it is reasonable, maybe make it so that raining in a snow biome makes snow blocks slippery, and snow weather in non-snow biomes covers blocks in a temporary visual effect (like white, snowy grass).
- A statue or Weapon rack variant that can hold your weapons and swing them when activated.
- Auto-turrets that you load with ammo and they can aim/shoot at mobs, much like town NPC attack behavior. Perhaps require them to be powered by something wire-related in order to function, and allow mobs to attack them and break them. For balance, maybe have them be a limited resource, or you can only have so many active at once, or maybe have them deactivate when evil powers (bosses and/or events) are present so they don't get used to AFK farm.
- Something like an Electric Fence or an exposed wire that, when activated, damages anything touching it. An example use would be to lay a bunch down in a line in front of your base, and set the pressure plate near the door. Then, when mobs step on the plate, they and everything behind them gets shocked.
- Chain Lightning trap. Releases a damaging bolt that jumps from enemy to enemy, dealing less to each as it passes through.
- Allow the player to intentionally reveal player-placed wiring even when not wielding a mechanism. Maybe another color of wire that is just always visible, or a special wrench that lays visible wires. This would be useful to make it obvious to other players where your traps are, or that there's a special entrance.
- A painting that, when it receives a wire signal, changes what it depicts.
For the water-repelling door you can use bubble blocks. They don't restrict player/NPC movement but they block liquids.

First. A way to dye lights and liquids (as you can see in my post here and in my signature).

Second. Improvements to Minecarts and new things like Magnetic Tracks, in which you can place tracks vertically and also upside down (makin' roller coasters will become a lot of times funnier). (a post to the idea here, with some other improvements).

Third. Upside down furniture and mechanic triggers, giving people freedom to create adventure maps that uses the gravity globe.

Fourth. Improvements to the Portal Gun, making you able to teleport even on a mount or in minecart.

Fifth. A way to place two blocks on the same block space (50% of each), to make sloping and block transition a lot of times more natural. Mining the block will drop both blocks, first one then the other, or both at the same time.

Sixth. Target dummies activating wiring system when attacked.

Seventh. Improvement to Timers, make them remember if it was turned on when the player logged off, so it can still be on when the player logs in again. (Also, more timers please... 1/2 second timer, 10 seconds timer)

That's all for now.
Awesome ideas!

Thick Wire that is both a wire and a tile, and can be climbed like rope. (I'd like more rope types tbh. Also slicked pole that lets you slide down it at the speed of a falling slime mount)

The wrenches should be melee weapon tools. It's not hard to use a pickaxe as a weapon with autopick on by hovering your mouse at the edge of the screen, so it's feasible.

Also! A Leaky Wire Trap that's always on, that shoots random electric bolts like the tesla turrets, and makes wire around it visible in a radius, or something. Might take some work to make a random hovering block make visual sense

Other trap ideas:
A fist-in-the-box/KO Cannon trap that sends enemies absolutely flying when activated.
A looney-toons style ejector-floor trap that sends enemies rocketing into the sky (or your carefully placed lava bubble!)
People have already suggested martian traps, I'll second that.
Some sort of traps that can be built of either pumpkin moon or frost moon materials, since traps are paramount in fighting them. Perhaps you could make gingerbread men drop gingerbread and use it to craft gingerbread ovens or something. (Also we really need gingerbread furniture and housing, please.)
Spikes that work on hostile mobs

For my (and others') suggestion earlier of wiring through chests for switch activable mounted weapons, other mounted weapon ideas:
A ballista
A boulder-launching catapult, functioning exactly like the staff of earth. Perhaps the goblin could sell this.
A martian mounted deathray
A mounted homing missile launcher
I'd suggest a gatling gun but that'd be obscenely overpowered if using normal bullets, so what about... well, what about a gatling snowball launcher that isn't for damaging enemies but suppressing them? Or a dirt blaster that deals 1 damage to even the weakest enemies but has reasonable knockback and high rate of fire.

But I'm not sure we need more powerful mounted weaponry, just MORE mounted weaponry. You could substitue the martian death ray with a meteorite laser turret fueled by stars instead, perhaps.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom