Official Get Wired For Terraria 1.3.1: Calling All Terrarian Mechanics!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Bit of a stretch because it's more a potion than much related to the mechanic, but dang it you have to buy the resources from her~! xD

Electrician Potion | Allows the sight of wire without needing a wire-triggered object or tool in hand. Pretty straightforward, illuminates wire similar to Spelunker Potions. I figure the recipe could be something like:

1x Blinkroot + 1x Daybloom + 1x Moonglow + 3x Wire + 1x Bottled Water
Or just use a dangersense potion or presure plate

Or just use a dangersense potion or presure plate
A dangersense potion only shows the location of traps, cobwebs and thin ice.

Or maybe add an accessory, which would allow seeing wire and it would be toggleable(using the visibility icon).
And then maybe make it able to be combined with a ruler, so you could measure the length of wires.
And maybe make the Compass and Depth Meter and the things crafted from them have the option to show the position in blocks, not feet.

I personally think that adding a "light detector" type thing would be really neat, that switched on during the day and off during the night and vice versa.

Please allow us to make roller coasters, with loop-de-loops and all
Not only that man... There are endless possibilities with minecarting :O
Second. Improvements to Minecarts and new things like Magnetic Tracks, in which you can place tracks vertically and also upside down (makin' roller coasters will become a lot of times funnier). (a post to the idea here, with some other improvements).

Hello,

First let me say me and my family really enjoy your game. We play this for countless hours and it's just so much fun. I wanted to thank you developers for being so wonderful and making such an awesome experience for me and the kids.

I have a long list of ideas for you and i'll try to list them as short as i can.

1. I would love to see a new biome that introduces a new set of hardmode difficulty monsters. Once you get kind of end game it's fun to start over but i know i want to keep playing Terraria for a long time so i hope more would be added to it. The new biome is located way up in space of which you can find new rocks new metals and you have to fight aliens, cyborgs, androids, robots etc. The biome is a bit harder because even though it has higher metals it has acid and poison water.

2. I'd love to see a new event show up. The event is like a concert, that comes you hear this heavy metal music playing right and these guys dressed in kiss type outfits come to attack you with their guitars. You get violent groupies, ranged drummers that throw sticks, stage dancers that kind of have these ninja type fighting styles all come as an onslot against your character. The regular concert monsters can drop rare things you need like devices and what not that you can use for building traps, and new carts, elevators, sensors, etc.
If you kill a lot of them a boss comes he'll drop rare and new types of weapons that use music, and even a new flying mount and summon pet.

3. There should be a new boss after you defeat moon man. I was hoping for a starwars reference but with i think Disney owning that it's going to be a lot of trouble. However i think what would be cool is a Death Planet spawns. It has like these solar system of planets that you must defeat before you can touch it. Otherwise it's immune to all damage until than. Equally the planets have a weakness to certain magic and damage and are immune to all others. So the player will have to ave more than one weapon to fight them.

4. The mechanic herself should offer more of things for players to build traps and interesting things through the map. Like esculators, elevators, convayer belts, pulleys, Pendulum traps, piston traps where things can be squashed for damage, laser traps, etc.

5. I'd like to see a lot of the left over things when you get to end game start to be used. Like i always have a lot of ninja stars, javelins and what not. I'd love to be able to combine them or insert them in types of traps so that i can use them up and they don't occupy my space. I hate throwing things away too, when i think they can have good use. So i hope the trowing weapons get combined for their own special traps one day.

6. The same goes with left over monster drops like slimes. Now i do build with them but i'd love to see where mushroom spore type traps that release a deadly gas that debuff monsters. Or slime goop that you can put in mechanical pits that are fueled by slime balls to slow down monsters and add debuffs to them. Also would love to see if the different slime balls actually remain different because the colors give different effect types.

7. Something else more mid game and end game is adding in a train system with the mine carts. Not just for traveling but for adding carts onto a locomotive that would allow players to put things in them and they operate somewhat like chests. Players could operate the locomotive or they could set it to auto with tools and supplies dropped off mobs or from the mechanic. I would really love to see more of that in game with special finds for the type of carts and trains.

Over all just a great game and i think you for reading the ideas your fans give you. It's great to me to see developers really interacting with fans and seeing what they would like. I just love that. Anyway have a good one!

Last edited:
This doesn't have much to do with the update, but I wish the corruption/ Crimson/ hallow would stop spreading after the moon lord was defeated, or at least really slow down.

Aside from the necessary logic gates I hope to see many new ways for mechanics to interact with the world.
1) Light beams that activate when a creature crosses the path.
2) An air blower that pushes creatures/PCs
3) Multiple inputs and outputs for a block.
a) A rotating light beam sensor/dart trap/flame thrower block with two inputs which rotate the light beam/dart trap/etc... through any angle in response to inputs. The third channel could be input/output.
b) Red/Green/Blue inputs for a light block to enable color displays.
4) Couplers to mate different color wires. For example Red->Blue.
5) Fine grain control control over pulse generator timing.
6) Electrify bodies of water for traps or cheating at fishing.
7) There was a breadboard idea earlier which was fantastic.
8) Minecart track switches
9) An anti-gravity beam a few blocks wide which the player can hop in and works similar to an anti-gravity potion while inside. Also a tractor beam. One could approximate a pneumatic tube system with those parts.

Last edited:
Do you know that moment when you're underground, farming for stuff while waiting for the night to summon a boss or an event?
if you do, then you probably managed to miss the night at least once and now you have to wait for the next night to happen, which you'll probably forget about again while exploring underground.

Then i suggest that there will be a new item: Alarm Clock

what it basically does is beeping.
you can set the time it beeps or just turn it off.
it can be useful for exploring underground while waiting for the night/day (to summon bosses or events).

i find myself checking the time very often when i prepare for the night, and i want to split the time so i could fish for Prismites, mine ores and make armor and weapons right before the fight.

this item could be individual, or just blended in the watch, or it could be an ingredient for the PDA/cellphone.

It could be a drop from a new crocodile enemy (as a reference to Peter Pan ~:eek:), probably spawning in jungle water.

Do you know that moment when you're underground, farming for stuff while waiting for the night to summon a boss or an event?
if you do, then you probably managed to miss the night at least once and now you have to wait for the next night to happen, which you'll probably forget about again while exploring underground.

Then i suggest that there will be a new item: Alarm Clock

what it basically does is beeping.
you can set the time it beeps or just turn it off.
it can be useful for exploring underground while waiting for the night/day (to summon bosses or events).

i find myself checking the time very often when i prepare for the night, and i want to split the time so i could fish for Prismites, mine ores and make armor and weapons right before the fight.

this item could be individual, or just blended in the watch, or it could be an ingredient for the PDA/cellphone.

It could be a drop from a new crocodile enemy (as a reference to Peter Pan ~:eek:), probably spawning in jungle water.

I keep the Moon Charm or Moon Shell equipped if I'm waiting for night... that's my alarm clock, lol :)

Could always use wires and lenses to make Wire Goggles. That would show wires within a certain radius.
Black lenses could give a better radius?
Black lenses could give "Immunity" buff, making player imprevious to every attack ;D
Joking. I just consider Black Lenses to be more uncommon than blessed apple, because with over 300 hours of playing Terraria with my favourite character, I've found only three, while blessed apples - five. But it was bad luck, as drop rate is pretty good. So yeah, idea with two tiers seems fair for me. Difference between them, though, for me shouldn't be higher than about 20-30 tiles.

Hello,

First let me say me and my family really enjoy your game. We play this for countless hours and it's just so much fun. I wanted to thank you developers for being so wonderful and making such an awesome experience for me and the kids.

I have a long list of ideas for you and i'll try to list them as short as i can.

1. I would love to see a new biome that introduces a new set of hardmode difficulty monsters. Once you get kind of end game it's fun to start over but i know i want to keep playing Terraria for a long time so i hope more would be added to it. The new biome is located way up in space of which you can find new rocks new metals and you have to fight aliens, cyborgs, androids, robots etc. The biome is a bit harder because even though it has higher metals it has acid and poison water.

2. I'd love to see a new event show up. The event is like a concert, that comes you hear this heavy metal music playing right and these guys dressed in kiss type outfits come to attack you with their guitars. You get violent groupies, ranged drummers that throw sticks, stage dancers that kind of have these ninja type fighting styles all come as an onslot against your character. The regular concert monsters can drop rare things you need like devices and what not that you can use for building traps, and new carts, elevators, sensors, etc.
If you kill a lot of them a boss comes he'll drop rare and new types of weapons that use music, and even a new flying mount and summon pet.

3. There should be a new boss after you defeat moon man. I was hoping for a starwars reference but with i think Disney owning that it's going to be a lot of trouble. However i think what would be cool is a Death Planet spawns. It has like these solar system of planets that you must defeat before you can touch it. Otherwise it's immune to all damage until than. Equally the planets have a weakness to certain magic and damage and are immune to all others. So the player will have to ave more than one weapon to fight them.

4. The mechanic herself should offer more of things for players to build traps and interesting things through the map. Like esculators, elevators, convayer belts, pulleys, Pendulum traps, piston traps where things can be squashed for damage, laser traps, etc.

5. I'd like to see a lot of the left over things when you get to end game start to be used. Like i always have a lot of ninja stars, javelins and what not. I'd love to be able to combine them or insert them in types of traps so that i can use them up and they don't occupy my space. I hate throwing things away too, when i think they can have good use. So i hope the trowing weapons get combined for their own special traps one day.

6. The same goes with left over monster drops like slimes. Now i do build with them but i'd love to see where mushroom spore type traps that release a deadly gas that debuff monsters. Or slime goop that you can put in mechanical pits that are fueled by slime balls to slow down monsters and add debuffs to them. Also would love to see if the different slime balls actually remain different because the colors give different effect types.

7. Something else more mid game and end game is adding in a train system with the mine carts. Not just for traveling but for adding carts onto a locomotive that would allow players to put things in them and they operate somewhat like chests. Players could operate the locomotive or they could set it to auto with tools and supplies dropped off mobs or from the mechanic. I would really love to see more of that in game with special finds for the type of carts and trains.

Over all just a great game and i think you for reading the ideas your fans give you. It's great to me to see developers really interacting with fans and seeing what they would like. I just love that. Anyway have a good one!
Wow. A mom that plays terraria with her kids. Never heard of that. Hope i read that sentence correctly.

These are some cool suggestions. I like the idea of having throwing weapons as traps. Very nice idea.
[DOUBLEPOST=1440006842,1440006751][/DOUBLEPOST]
ermaghurd more mechanical stuff! Maybe though, you could make timers buyable for 1 gold.
Yup. Purchasable timers=
YEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS

Not really a wire guy but I would like to see:

1. More mob statues
2. A way to obtain wire before the dungeon/mechanic. In expert mode skeletron is very hard so it may be a while before you enter the dungeon. They could spawn in pots occasionally.
3. Chest minecart or pipes.
The chest minecart was one of my suggestions, which somehow got missed on the sum up by @n1.

Ooh, wiring stuff!

Well, the first things that come to mind:
- At LEAST 2 new wire wrench colors (yellow and pink? Fits the Team Colors!)
- A multi-color wrench (right click to "click" through color options)
- Wireless transmitters to convey wire signals over difficult to wire locations, or long range (And for wireless teleporters, please!)
- A variation of Snickerbobble's florescent beams
- Some new functional mob statues, perhaps other functional statues with misc. features

I think all of these ideas would be really awesome additions.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom