Official Get Wired For Terraria 1.3.1: Calling All Terrarian Mechanics!

Status
Not open for further replies.
A furniture item with a single inventory slot, that uses the item in that slot when powered. That'd be awesome.

Some sort of item you can use to power wires without a switch would be cool, too.

Last edited:
repeater traps
Cobalt/Mythril/Adamantite/Palladium/Orichalicum/Titanium repeaters and 3996 wooden arrows + 10 stone
A faster, higher damage, dart trap. Disadvantage is obviously it being expensive.
Half of me wants a phantasm version but the other half realizes how OP that'd be.

Probably has been mentioned before but, bagels will get cold.

An accessory or armor set for wiring, so inventory is less cluttered when on wiring trips. Maybe a a pouch that is added alongside the hooks and pets area for wiring or wrenches to help with inventory clutter as well. Accessory wise wouldn't mind setting a keybind or key that could switch the wrench color. All in all just some more convenient features that would make wiring a whole lot less tedious, and more 'fun'.

Some wiring involving water would be fantastic too! Like a water wheel that would send a constant signal if water is interacting with it. Although I would not know what it could be used for, an expansion to water would be nice for some water bases.

Probably has been mentioned before but, bagels will get cold.

An accessory or armor set for wiring, so inventory is less cluttered when on wiring trips. Maybe a a pouch that is added alongside the hooks and pets area for wiring or wrenches to help with inventory clutter as well. Accessory wise wouldn't mind setting a keybind or key that could switch the wrench color. All in all just some more convenient features that would make wiring a whole lot less tedious, and more 'fun'.

Some wiring involving water would be fantastic too! Like a water wheel that would send a constant signal if water is interacting with it. Although I would not know what it could be used for, an expansion to water would be nice for some water bases.

Personally I don't want to see an armor/accessory set for wiring that is in addition to what we have for building/mining. I wouldn't mind seeing new accessories that get merged together into one big accessory/set though -- along with all current accessories for building/placing/mining. Otherwise this really just increases inventory clutter. I'd rather see mining/placing/reach buffs done like the ammo box or crystal ball though. Or done via statues (and you can automate the application. Speaking of which, why not make the ammo buff and crystal ball buff automated by letting you wire it up and then when activated it applies the buff to everyone in range? Same with other placeable buffs that you click on right now.

Personally I don't want to see an armor/accessory set for wiring that is in addition to what we have for building/mining. I wouldn't mind seeing new accessories that get merged together into one big accessory/set though -- along with all current accessories for building/placing/mining. Otherwise this really just increases inventory clutter. I'd rather see mining/placing/reach buffs done like the ammo box or crystal ball though. Or done via statues (and you can automate the application. Speaking of which, why not make the ammo buff and crystal ball buff automated by letting you wire it up and then when activated it applies the buff to everyone in range? Same with other placeable buffs that you click on right now.

Huh. I was unaware there were more accessories other than the Gizmo Pack and the accessories used to make it. Now that I see the other two I can see how it'd really fill up. With the merging idea it'd be nice to also implement the fishing accessories into one as it's annoying to have it fill up 3 of the slots.

I wish a way to place light sources on each block (maybe place them like the actuators). Doing pixelarts would be so much easier.
It would be so nice if I could see the entire pixelart without the shadows (you can see my problem in the attached file).
And another idea would be adding some new blocks in many different colors, which are made for pixelarts.

Attachments

• 2015-08-20_00001.jpg
    2015-08-20_00001.jpg
    337.1 KB · Views: 708
Hmm, it would be nice to have blocks that you could change their color depending on the sort of input they were given -- this would require having different kinds of input though. It would be neat if you could make wireable "screens" and animations this way though.

Though not just blocks, but being able to connect colored walls to wiring (like gemspark walls) would be nice too.

I wish a way to place light sources on each block (maybe place them like the actuators). Doing pixelarts would be so much easier.
It would be so nice if I could see the entire pixelart without the shadows (you can see my problem in the attached file).
And another idea would be adding some new blocks in many different colors, which are made for pixelarts.
I think you can do that with gemspark walls behind the blocks

Hmm, it would be nice to have blocks that you could change their color depending on the sort of input they were given -- this would require having different kinds of input though. It would be neat if you could make wireable "screens" and animations this way though.

Though not just blocks, but being able to connect colored walls to wiring (like gemspark walls) would be nice too.

Hmm, if we get something that can protect blocks from being mined/destroyed (if turned on), and then have a password system for teleports/doors/etc then you really could make a secure vault/area. A password system is probably best implemented via an item you carry where you can place the password -- or even user+password if you wanted to get more technically adept. That would be pretty awesome.

Items you should add:
More wrenches
Wire Mixer: Used to make other wrenches. Bought from the mechanic
Mechanical Mixer: Used to make Hardmode material wrenches. Can make the Martian Caller, summons Martian Madness
Titanium Wire: makes a titanium colored wire recipe: 5 wire 5 titanium: 10 Titanium Wire
Bloody Ruler: Made with 5 vertebrae and 1 ruler
Bosses:
Mechtera: Mechanical Plantera. Expert mode item: Magic Thorn Accesory make a music sound and heals all nearby players
New NPCs:
Flesh Creator: sells: Flesh Coloning Vat 5 Gold. Crimson rockets 45 Gold. Blood Bath: Inflicts the bleeding debuff on enmities 25 Gold.
Summon Seller: Requirements: Mechterra must be defeated. The player must have the Angler, the Party Girl, and the Tax Collecter. Sells: Heart Staff 50 gold, 80 Damage. Steaming Staff, 75 gold 100 Damage.

copper wire: deals 5 damage to enemys, enemy teams, and bosses when powered. crafting: 5 copper bars and 10 wires for 10 copper wires. placed by wrench

I think you should add more wire colors (like everyone wants) I think they should be orange, yellow, and purple (rainbow colors seem like a good idea (maybe a rainbow wrench crafted with one of each wrench.)) that is it

wire signaler: right click it when placed and a popup will say 'input' and 'output' and you type a number 1-999 in the output and when powered it will send a signal to another one with the same number, but in the input, then it will power a wire connected it. crafting: 5 wires and 1 second timer

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom