Official Get Wired For Terraria 1.3.1: Calling All Terrarian Mechanics!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Maybe they can add something more than wiring like tree drops like
+Apples for summoning early game horse mounts
+Tree sap to craft into rubber
-Rubber to craft into tire
-Tire to craft into a bike using chain and iron bars
+Corrupt/Vicious Tree sap to craft into potions or even a new tree being summon?

Maybe they can add something more than wiring like tree drops like
+Apples for summoning early game horse mounts
+Tree sap to craft into rubber
-Rubber to craft into tire
-Tire to craft into a bike using chain and iron bars
+Corrupt/Vicious Tree sap to craft into potions or even a new tree being summon
+Sticky sap from rich mahogany to craft into Glue or Sticky block
-Glue that or makes the block harder to break or for sticking enemies on places that the player uses it
+Sweet sap from palm trees for crafting something that attract enemies and animals for themselves
-Sticky trap that attract and slows creatures

This is wiring strictly. No other suggestions will be taken.
You do realize that if they have non wiring things in the wire update, it won't be as special?

You do realize that if they have non wiring things in the wire update, it won't be as special?
Well, that is exactly what we are going to do in this thread. You get a sense for what we are trying to do with 1.3.1 - now we need your ideas for how wiring and mechanics can be taken to the next level. To submit your idea:
  • Simply post your idea in this thread which as much detail as you can provide.
  • Anything is fair game: new items, new switches, more wire colors, etc.
  • The team will read through all of your ideas along the path to development for 1.3.1, and incorporate any new ideas that seem really cool
  • Of course, we already have our own internal list of "stuff", but we will keep that a secret for now.
Specifically for wiring only? Yeah... Seems legit.

I've got some ideas for magic items!

how about a Magic Wand?
craftable
made from wand of sparking, 5 fallen stars, 3 iron bars

damage: 15
knockback: very weak
(I don't have any ideas for usetime)
shoots a small ball of light
mana: 5
velocity: 9
5% chance to spawn a bunny when the magic hat is also equiped
tooltip "abra kadabra!"

I've got some ideas for magic items!

how about a Magic Wand?
craftable
made from wand of sparking, 5 fallen stars, 3 iron bars

damage: 15
knockback: very weak
(I don't have any ideas for usetime)
shoots a small ball of light
mana: 5
velocity: 9
5% chance to spawn a bunny when the magic hat is also equiped
tooltip "abra kadabra!"
Hmm.. Seems like a pretty nice idea!

I do think some people have taken that "anything" out of context, from the paragraph above it's clear he's looking for suggestions of anything mechanism related, rather than anything at all. But on the other hand, it's not just wiring specifically. So for instance a suggestion for a new set of machines based on water pressure would be totally on topic.

I do think some people have taken that "anything" out of context, from the paragraph above it's clear he's looking for suggestions of anything mechanism related, rather than anything at all. But on the other hand, it's not just wiring specifically. So for instance a suggestion for a new set of machines based on water pressure would be totally on topic.
Fair enough. So anything that means Mechanical, Wire, or related to the mechanics of the game is fair-play.

YOU'VE GOTTA BE KIDDING ME!!!
I HAD SO MANY IDEA I WANTED TO TRY AND GET INTO THE GAME! DAMN YOU TECHNOLOGY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
cfkzY8z.gif

What do people think about them going entirely wireless like Starbound? If they are running out of room for items and such, perhaps wireless is the way to go. I know I'd rather have 3+ more mechanisms than multiple wire colors. It's also easy enough to justify given that it can just be technomagick. It also completely eliminates the need for multiple wires if you just have a point and click connection system.

As for other things, I'd like to see the coding changed on actuators or some sort of new/modified (hammerable?) actuator system that lets you designate a group of blocks as a single unit that all has the same state. Of course, I admit going with a Starbound-like system does solve this since the signal is either on or off (off normal, on would mean hidden). But if we don't go to a on/off signal system, then I'd like to see something that ensures large actuator systems work in multiplayer.

I know it's been suggested before, but I wanted to do a refinement of the Music Note Blocks that were suggested prior:

• A-Note Block
    • Plays the A3 Note
    • Can merge with Flat, Sharp, Pitch+ and Pitch- Blocks
  • B-Note Block
    • Plays the B3 Note
  • C-Note Block
    • Plays the C3 Note
  • D-Note Block
    • Plays the D3 Note
  • E-Note Block
    • Plays the E3 Note
  • F-Note Block
    • Plays the F3 Note
  • G-Note Block
    • Plays the G3 Note
  • Flat-Note Block
    • When merged with a [Letter]-Note block, makes the note Flat
  • Sharp-Note Block
    • When merged with a [Letter]-Note block, makes the note Sharp
  • Pitch+ Block
    • When merged with a [Letter]-Note block, raises the octave by 1
    • Can merge multiple to raise additional octaves (up to octave 8)
  • Pitch- Block
    • When merged with a [Letter]-Note block, lowers the octave by 1
    • Can merge multiple to lower additional octaves (down to 0)
Also, to work well with this system, a Delay Block system:
  • 4/4 Whole Delay Block
    • Holds the signal for 120 ticks, then sends it.
  • 4/4 Half Delay Block
    • Holds the signal for 60 ticks, then sends it.
  • 4/4 Quarter Delay Block
    • Holds the signal for 30 ticks, then sends it.
  • 4/4 Eighth Delay Block
    • Holds the signal for 15 ticks, then sends it.
  • 3/4 Whole Delay Block
    • Holds the signal for 80 ticks, then sends it.
  • 3/4 Half Delay Block
    • Holds the singal for 40 ticks, then sends it.
  • 3/4 Quarter Delay Block
    • Holds the signal for 20 ticks, then sends it.
  • 3/4 Eighth Delay Block
    • Holds the signal for 10 ticks, then sends it.
  • All Delay blocks are like Logic Gates, in that they take one input and output onto any other color but the input.
    • If Input is on Red Wire, Output can only be on Blue or Green Wire
    • If Input is on Blue Wire, Output can only be on Red or Green Wire
    • If Input is on Green Wire, Output can only be on Red or Blue Wire
    • If additional wire colors are added, same functions should work with the additional colors.
The reason for current layout of delay blocks:
  • Current delay blocks allow for Whole, Half, Quarter, and Eighth notes in 4/4 time, and Whole, Half, Quarter and Eighth notes in 3/4 time respectively
  • to try for 16th or beyond would get to fractional ticks and mechanically would be unstable in the current 60 ticks a second.
New crafting station for all of these musical blocks:
  • Conductor's Podium - Purchased from the Wizard (He was already studying the magic of music by having the Music Box, Bell and Harp)
    • Recepies:
      • 10x Music Part = 1x Music Box
      • 1x A-Note Block = 1x Music Part + 1 Wire
      • 1x B-Note Block = 1x Music Part + 1 Wire
      • 1x C-Note Block = 1x Music Part + 1 Wire
      • 1x D-Note Block = 1x Music Part + 1 Wire
      • 1x E-Note Block = 1x Music Part + 1 Wire
      • 1x F-Note Block = 1x Music Part + 1 Wire
      • 1x G-Note Block = 1x Music Part + 1 Wire
      • 1x Flat-Note Block = 1x Music Part + 1 Wire
      • 1x Sharp-Note Block = 1x Music Part + 1 Wire
      • 1x Pitch+ Block = 1x Music Part + 1 Wire
      • 1x Pitch- Block = 1x Music Part + 1 Wire
      • 1x 4/4 Whole Delay Block = 2x 1 Second Timer
      • 1x 4/4 Half Delay Block = 1x 1 Second Timer
      • 2x 4/4 Quarter Delay Block = 1x 1 Second Timer
      • 4x 4/4 Eighth Delay Block = 1x 1 Second Timer
      • 1x 3/4 Whole Delay Block = 2x 3/4 Half Delay Block
      • 1x 3/4 Half Delay Block = 2x 3/4 Quarter Delay Block
      • 3x 3/4 Quarter Delay Block = 1x 1 Second Timer
      • 6x 3/4 Eight Delay Block = 1x 1 Second Timer

Reactions: JK0
I am thinking of some sort of a Multiplicator. You put a material in it and it doubles. Maybe, if it sounds too easy, a certain level of difficulty can be added. The Multiplicator would work on mobs killing it would generates mobs. The more important the material is, the stronger the mob to kill. It could be a new type of mob like a power slime for example. Its life points would increase proportionally to the importance of the material. And if you die, it despawned and you loose the original material and the potential copy of it. I am thinking about it especially because of silt and the rarity of amber. I love using crate potion and am always looking around for silt, slush and now desert fossil. But you still get amber randomly.
So yeah, something like that.

I am thinking of some sort of a Multiplicator. You put a material in it and it doubles. Maybe, if it sounds too easy, a certain level of difficulty can be added. The Multiplicator would work on mobs killing it would generates mobs. The more important the material is, the stronger the mob to kill. It could be a new type of mob like a power slime for example. Its life points would increase proportionally to the importance of the material. And if you die, it despawned and you loose the original material and the potential copy of it. I am thinking about it especially because of silt and the rarity of amber. I love using crate potion and am always looking around for silt, slush and now desert fossil. But you still get amber randomly.
that'd be just a little OP

Well, if this should be mechanics, then I'd like to see that implemented as a device where you give it a (non-ore) material, then you have an input and output chest. Each activation it removes an amount of material from the input and produces whatever it is you selected. So if you want to get more dungeon blocks from dirt, then you can do that. Maybe it should use the hardness of the material as the comparison for how much is needed (so a material 4 times harder than dirt would need 4 dirt for each produced block). It would be nice to be able to use common materials to make rarer materials and wouldn't affect game balance this way.

I know it's been suggested before, but I wanted to do a refinement of the Music Note Blocks that were suggested prior:

Seems like it would be better to just have a music block where you can put in a limited amount of composition in terms of notes. Chain multiple ones together to make a song (with proper support for delays). Maybe even a block that can store "music sheets" and you make a particular composition (of limited size) and it gets saved on the sheet. Then you put the sheet into the block and it plays that when activated. I grant doing music that way is a lot more work, but allows a lot more options.

Hmm, maybe even an item you can carry in your inventory and lets you change the default music for each biome via these music boxes. Though linking an item to different musical scores/boxes you've setup and assigning them to a biome would be even more work. Cool if possible though.

A way to disable npcs from choosing a housing(perhaps an anti npc torch) with the intent to create a place to spawn without risking your npcs.

Also a weapon that damages npcs(no more skeleton merchant lounging in your underground hallow farm).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom