Official Get Wired For Terraria 1.3.1: Calling All Terrarian Mechanics!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not sure if this has been suggested but a wrench that cycles through its colors with a right-click would be immensely helpful. I find myself struggling with hotkey slots and inventory space when I'm doing complicated wiring... And that is without the addition of more wrench color(s?).

Oh, and someone **please** bring this up to a dev or something. That wiring bug with large amounts of actuators/active blocks/anything toggleable is still around.

The thing where the states of the items desync after a while because of the size of the wiring mechanism. Even something as small as 3x50 (150 blocks) desyncs after a while for me.

Would it be too much to ask for to include in 1.3.1 update a "manual pause" key that would allow to pause when autopause setting = off ?

-maybe two new wrenches?(yellow and pink would be cool)\
-conveyer belts (moves items without hoinking glitch)(its a block that can be crafted with wires and iron bars)
-silver conveyer belts )stronger version of the coneyer belt, it can move players and npcs)
-logic gates would be nice
-some sort of computer that you can attach wires to and "program" it to send out pulses to the different wires attached to it
-pressure plates that send a pulse when stepped on and stepped off of
-pressure plates that work if an item is dropped on it
-passcode locks (can be placed on containers,doors and trap doors)(enemies can still open them during blood moons)
-alarms (makes a loud sound and lights up when it recives a pulse)
-wireless connection (lets you wirelessly connet devices)

We will be getting yellow in the next update. That has already been shown in a spoiler. As are logic gates. Unfortunately Cenx said we can only get one more wire color, so no pink. I would also like the twin pulse pressure plates and item plates. Alarms would be cool too.
31r5w1R.gif

zrgyDPR.gif

idk if this been suggested yet but im not going to go through 64 pages of suggetions. instead of colored wrenches maybe have a special tool that uses paint from the painter and wires and puts them with that color. then u have MUCH more wiring options.

As we will only have 4 color wires what would be the point?

I think it would be amazing if there were a "rainbow wrench": a wrench where you can create wrench colors using RGB and save wrench colors.
I know this is really late as 1.3.0.7+ has already come out but I think it would be a nice suggestion for future updates. Until then, there are no new threads, so I'll just leave it here.

Edit: never mind about the 1.3.0.7+ thing. I got confused and mixed up 1.3.1 with 1.3.0.1, although this still feels kinda last minute.

Last edited:
The night vision helmet could work too, so it wouldn't be almost useless by the time you might get it.

I would prefer it if it was an item you couldn't get until at least the Mechanic was unlocked. You get get the Night Vision Helmet fairly early in the game. I have already had to dump a few I had no room for.

Traps.

All kinds of traps in tiers ranging from early game to end game.
  • A trap which holds a weapon. If it's a mana-using weapon, the trap has 50 mana and regenerates mana as if it were a player standing still. If it uses ammo, that ammo has to be supplied in a second slot. It can be triggered as frequently as the weapon would allow. The trap can be aimed up, down, left, or right. The trap needs to target + hurt all players as well as mobs. Ideally, the kill message for players should specify what item was in the trap. And banner drops should be affected by this trap the same way other traps and environmental hazards affect banner drops - unless a human player damages a mob, the kill doesn't count.
  • Traps need to be rotatable. Spear traps should be able to point up, left, and right in addition to down; flame traps should be able to point up and down; dart traps; etc. The hammer should be able to do this the same way it hammers blocks into half-blocks and angle blocks.
  • Dart traps should accept ammo, namely darts and (maybe) arrows. Without ammo, the default damage is done. With ammo, that ammo's special effects are used and damage scales up appropriately. The lizhard dart traps should work exactly as regular dart traps, and should be pre-filled with a partial stack of an ammo to bring its power back up to how they currently work.
  • An ice plume trap similar to the flamethrower trap. An ichor and a cursed flame trap in the same vein. A crystal shard trap (hallow) in the same vein.
  • A bear trap - a trap which immobilizes the player/mob that steps on it, in addition to doing some damage. It would also function as a pressure plate. (These would be devious when combined with other traps!) For balance's sake, it might be good to make these a 1-use trap like the boulders.
  • A floor spike trap. Either it needs to be placeable on top of any block and be difficult to see, or it needs to come in a variety of flavors to disguise its presence.
  • A low-damage, high-knockback trap (which should even affect players with a cobalt shield, perhaps with reduced effect). When aimed up, it should send players/mobs up into the air. When aimed down, it should force players/mobs down through a platform if they're standing on one. It should only have a few blocks of reach.
  • Some debuff traps which do little damage but apply a specific debuff to the player/mob they hit.
  • A "trap" which shoots a light-producing orb out in the direction it's aimed. The orb doesn't hit anything, and slows to a stop 5-10 blocks away (or upon hitting a solid block). It glows for a few seconds, then fades out and disappears. These would make for really awesome structures.

Other stuff
  • A fluid drain which removes water/lava/honey (access limited to late game)
  • Fluid outlets which create water/lava/honey (access limited to late game)
  • 3-wide and wider trapdoors. Those 2-wide trapdoors are too hard to get into and can't be placed side-by-side. Alternately, allow trapdoors to be freestanding instead of requiring a block on both sides.
  • Be able to toggle animated crafting stations on and off. E.g. the Glass Kiln's fire would turn on and off. This would be purely cosmetic.
  • This has probably already been covered by others talking about logic circuits, but there needs to be a delay mechanism with delays ranging from a few ticks to several seconds. It receives a signal on one end, waits its delay period, and then sends a signal on the other end. Could be 1-way or 2-way.
  • A mechanism which always sends an "off" signal; i.e. any mechanism which can be toggled on and off by wire would always turn off when it gets a wire signal from it. Another mechanism which always sends an "on" signal.
  • Two types of wire. One type behaves like wire currently does. The other connects to the first type to propagate signals, but doesn't trigger mechanisms and doesn't pick up signals from mechanisms in the same block as it. Whether this a toggle mode for wrenches, or a different type of wire, or a different type of wrench, doesn't matter. Given what I know about the code/behavior behind the current wire mechanics, it'd make the most sense to have it be a toggle option for wrenches or be a different type of wire usable by all types of wrenches.

You should add some sorts of sensors, for example there could be a water sensor that sends power through the wires when it makes contact with water, with other variants, lava, honey, monster, i.e. You should also add a powered minecart rail that sends power through the wire when the rails are in use. Other things you should add are rapid dart traps that shoot darts rapidly until the pressure plate is pushed again, and you should make the detonator for the explosive traps smaller and less noticable. I have bypassed three explosives because the large red detonator was easy to spot. You should also make an armored minecart that could defend the player indefinitely until the player exits. You should add in a king/queen statue trap that when activated, teleports a random NPC and screw the player over by trying to protect the NPC and explore. You should also make false chest, like mimics, that will explode the same as explosives when opened, or false animals like the Lost Girl that will attack the player with high force or damage. You should also make statues that represent each NPC, and can teleport that specific NPC when activated, except non-town NPCs or NPCs not yet unlocked. You should also make more functional mob statues, such as goblin statues will spawn goblins, woman statues spawn in Lost Girls, etc. I have a lot more idea but they would probably take up a lot of space so if you are interested you can message me or start a private conversation.

Wire Pouch-
Pick up any wire in your inventory and hover over the pouch, than right-click the pouch and the wire will be consumed and can still be used as it is stored in the pouch. Hover over it to see how much wire is stored inside, can hold up to 999 Wire.
I think I'm misunderstanding what you're describing here. How would this be any better/different than just having a stack of 999 wire?

Traps.

All kinds of traps in tiers ranging from early game to end game.
  • A trap which holds a weapon. If it's a mana-using weapon, the trap has 50 mana and regenerates mana as if it were a player standing still. If it uses ammo, that ammo has to be supplied in a second slot. It can be triggered as frequently as the weapon would allow. The trap can be aimed up, down, left, or right. The trap needs to target + hurt all players as well as mobs. Ideally, the kill message for players should specify what item was in the trap. And banner drops should be affected by this trap the same way other traps and environmental hazards affect banner drops - unless a human player damages a mob, the kill doesn't count.
  • Traps need to be rotatable. Spear traps should be able to point up, left, and right in addition to down; flame traps should be able to point up and down; dart traps; etc. The hammer should be able to do this the same way it hammers blocks into half-blocks and angle blocks.
  • Dart traps should accept ammo, namely darts and (maybe) arrows. Without ammo, the default damage is done. With ammo, that ammo's special effects are used and damage scales up appropriately. The lizhard dart traps should work exactly as regular dart traps, and should be pre-filled with a partial stack of an ammo to bring its power back up to how they currently work.
  • An ice plume trap similar to the flamethrower trap. An ichor and a cursed flame trap in the same vein. A crystal shard trap (hallow) in the same vein.
  • A bear trap - a trap which immobilizes the player/mob that steps on it, in addition to doing some damage. It would also function as a pressure plate. (These would be devious when combined with other traps!) For balance's sake, it might be good to make these a 1-use trap like the boulders.
  • A floor spike trap. Either it needs to be placeable on top of any block and be difficult to see, or it needs to come in a variety of flavors to disguise its presence.
  • A low-damage, high-knockback trap (which should even affect players with a cobalt shield, perhaps with reduced effect). When aimed up, it should send players/mobs up into the air. When aimed down, it should force players/mobs down through a platform if they're standing on one. It should only have a few blocks of reach.
  • Some debuff traps which do little damage but apply a specific debuff to the player/mob they hit.
  • A "trap" which shoots a light-producing orb out in the direction it's aimed. The orb doesn't hit anything, and slows to a stop 5-10 blocks away (or upon hitting a solid block). It glows for a few seconds, then fades out and disappears. These would make for really awesome structures.

Other stuff
  • A fluid drain which removes water/lava/honey (access limited to late game)
  • Fluid outlets which create water/lava/honey (access limited to late game)
  • 3-wide and wider trapdoors. Those 2-wide trapdoors are too hard to get into and can't be placed side-by-side. Alternately, allow trapdoors to be freestanding instead of requiring a block on both sides.
  • Be able to toggle animated crafting stations on and off. E.g. the Glass Kiln's fire would turn on and off. This would be purely cosmetic.
  • This has probably already been covered by others talking about logic circuits, but there needs to be a delay mechanism with delays ranging from a few ticks to several seconds. It receives a signal on one end, waits its delay period, and then sends a signal on the other end. Could be 1-way or 2-way.
  • A mechanism which always sends an "off" signal; i.e. any mechanism which can be toggled on and off by wire would always turn off when it gets a wire signal from it. Another mechanism which always sends an "on" signal.
  • Two types of wire. One type behaves like wire currently does. The other connects to the first type to propagate signals, but doesn't trigger mechanisms and doesn't pick up signals from mechanisms in the same block as it. Whether this a toggle mode for wrenches, or a different type of wire, or a different type of wrench, doesn't matter. Given what I know about the code/behavior behind the current wire mechanics, it'd make the most sense to have it be a toggle option for wrenches or be a different type of wire usable by all types of wrenches.
Yes, I want to be able to make traps facing up and down, left and right. I suggested a Screw Driver tool for this. Also I said the same thing about trap doors. I wish there was a 3 wide one and they didn't need to be in between blocks. Blocks with Actuators are cool and all, but having trap doors as platforms wired to timers would just be so much cooler to have as disappearing and reappearing platforms.

While playing around in the underground snow biome I came up with the idea for a new kind of "trap." It would be nice to be able to place the thin ice. It breaks just by jumping on it and it doesn't drop when you mine it so there is no vanilla way to place it where you want it. I was thinking there could be a trap that placing a line of the thin ice when triggered. The ice will go a set distanced away from the device (like 20 blocks or so) or until it runs into an obstruction, excluding more fragile ice. The trap could be hammered to face up, down, left, or right. There could also be different versions that go different distances or maybe a screwdriver could be used to change the distance.

Another kind of ice maker could be placed like an actuator. When triggered it will place a thin ice block over it. This will allow for making the ice in most any kind of shape. Maybe it could also break the ice when it gets another pulse. Hover if it does break the ice then it should only do that every other pulse. This is to keep it from breaking the build if some of the thin ice has already been broken.

I can't remember if dart traps or anything can could break the ice but there should also be a trap that can do so. Something to clear the ice out of the way once it has served it's purpose. For example if you used it to make an ice bridge you could use it to destroy it after you crossed. Also if you have the ice makers facing up you could use them to create a path under them so you can get out if you don't have use a pick, hook, or wings to get out. I made this with puzzle maps in mind. Like the ice maker trap it could face up, down, left, or right.

Portal themed items (Storage Cube, Cube/Character activated button, Turrets)

I agree with what other people say about an item that lets you always see wire, being able to aim traps in all four directions, Mouseas' ideas about weapon traps (they should be very late game), and light/laser transmitters as an alternative to wire.

Heres a few suggestions for wiring:

Mechanics Workbench: Used to configure and craft certain wiring related blocks.

New Wrenches: Different colors of wrenches

Input Sender: Sends a wire imput to the corresponding Imput reciever across any distance. Can be configured to a certain channel.

Imput receiver: Receives a wire imput from the corresponding Imput sender across any distance. Can be configured to a certain channel.

Colored actuators: Allows one color wire too pass another color of actuator without activating it. Can be configured to change allowed colors.

Impulser: Sends another impulse in a set time within being activated. Can configure the time untill another pulse is sent.

Hmm, well I would recommend something like Wireless Transceivers, and they have multiple versions and upgrades.

Starting/Ending Transceiver (one sided): 1 lens, 10 wires, 5 lead/iron, and any color wrench to change color: basic transceiver that receives and sends signals to and from its correct color, multi sided transceiver at a signal sending distance of 100 blocks, and receives signals depending on the range of the multi sided transceiver range type . The one sided transceiver is activated by levers, switches or pressure pads, and will send a signal to any multi sided transceivers directly in front of it, the multi sided transceivers does not require activation, as they automatically activate once they are in range of the Starting Transceiver.
Short-Range Transceiver (multi sided): 10 lenses, 100 wires, 10 lead/iron, and any wrench to change color of transceiver: goes for 100 blocks up, down, left and right before losing the signal between transceivers. The following transceiver must not be above or bellow 5 blocks from the blocks central placing point to the left or to the right, so you can have one transceiver sending a signal to the next, but if the next one is 3 blocks above or below, it will still receive a signal , this way, you can have multiple transceivers of the same color in the world, only with different heights away from other transceivers so they won't cross the signal streams, which would be bad. The up and down sending signal and receiving signal is pin-point, and must be on the same path as the receiving transceiver, so what you send has to be on a 1x1 line up or down.
Medium-Range Transceiver (multi sided): 50 lenses, 500 wires, 10 lead/iron, and any color wrench to change color: Does everything the short range one does, only with a 500 block range.
Long-Range Transceiver (multi sided): 10 black lenses, 999 wires, 10 lead/iron, and any color wrench to change color: Does everything as the first 2, but with a 1000 block range.
Map Transceiver (multi sided): 20 black lenses, 999 wires, 20 souls of sight, 10 titanium/adamantite, and any color wrench to change color: Does what all others do, but has an infinite block range. Also, forgot to mention, the transceivers activate any electronic component in the game that stands in the way of the signal stream, so you can have 2 teleporters on each end of the map, put a Map Transceiver up, activate it with the Starting Transceiver, and both teleporters will activate if in the way of the stream and be connected to one another, if you put 3 in the way of a stream, the stream will only activate the closest one to it, so the game won't glitch out. Also blocks don't block the stream in any way.

Well, this may sound like a complicated idea, and you know what, it is. I had to draw this out for myself to actually get any of it, but I'm not done yet 'cause with more wiring types, you need stuff to wire them to, and that's why, I'm about to talk about traps, and hopefully, it'll be a much shorter explanation than the wireless wiring system I thought of.
(Maybe? Probably? Oh God.)

Magic Missile Trap: 1 Magic Missile, 4 Dart Traps, 10 wires and 2 lead/iron: So remember spelunking and exploring the dungeon after beating Skeletron, getting your hopes up for a Muramasa, or a Cobalt Shield, or even an Aqua Scepter, you open up that shiny gold chest after killing tons of enemies! And you get a consolation prize of a Magic Missile, well, now you don't have to worry, cause it won't be petty loot no more! This trap gets the manual homing abilities of the magic missile and makes it automatic! This trap is able to fire 4 homing magic projectiles at once at an enemy who dares to cross your trap, dealing 20 damage per individual fired shot and with a cool down rate of 10 seconds and a relatively slow speed, this gives the Magic Missile the love it should get as dungeon grade loot, even if its slow... still it'll chase down any enemy it fires at, that"s something, right? Also, any other weapon like the magic missile should get to be used in the same manner, but obviously as an upgrade to this trap, so if anyone can think of an upgrade scale to the traps, I'll email you some cookies.
Blue Moon Swing Trap: 1 Blue Moon, 1 Actuator, 10 chains, 4 lead/iron: Well, this is a weapon that I believe is not used as much and is sometimes considered petty loot, and please correct me if I'm wrong, but hasn't anyone ever wanted or tried to take one of those Spike Ball traps from the dungeon? Well, the Blue Moon Swing Trap basically gives you the same trap, only with a Blue Moon. If you have any extras lying around, this trap can be good for a type of early defense on Hard Mode, even if it outputs 23 damage per hit, it'll have a decent knock back, and hitting it with a hammer changes the swing direction. Again, anyone who would like to think of more advanced blueprints using things like a Flairon as upgrades, please do and I'll send you some *cake! *The Cake is a lie
Spider Trap: 1 Spider Staff, 2 Outlet pumps, 6 lead/iron: So, ever thought of being a Summoning type character for a run, but feel rather bored watching the minions toy with their prey? Well, besides minions being great servants, they also make great house sitters, especially spiders. So go out and explore as much as you want, cause while your away, the those eight-legged buggers will greet the neighbors while you're out. The Spider Trap spawn 3 Arachnids to defend your house and they last around 5 minutes for each wave, if the trap is activated while the spiders are out, nothing will happen. And the best part? Since you don't see the spiders you won't be tempted to burn your house down with the flames of the Holy! You can also make variations to the design using other staffs as the traps base staff if you like, in case you have a bit of arachnophobia.
Turret (7 Different Ones):
Lihzahrd Power Cell (Electrified Debuff)
Living Fire Block (On Fire! Debuff)
Living Frost Fire Block (Frost Burn Debuff)
Living Cursed Fire Block(Cursed Inferno Debuff)
Living Ichor Fire Block (Ichor Debuff)
Living Demon Fire Block (Shadowflame Debuff)
Living Ultrabright Fire Block (Blackout Debuff)
The Recipe:
100 of any of the Living Fire Blocks or 20 Lihzahrd Power Cells for the Electric type, 20 iron/lead, 4 Outlet Pumps except for the Lihzahrd Power Cell recipe which will replace the Pumps with 100 Wires. The Turrets purpose is to stand still and kill everything that gets close, it will do the same thing as the Tesla Turret from Martian Madness, only with their special debuffs for specific types if defense. For Players, It would be best to use the Ichor Turret or the Ultrabright Turret, while the others can be used for home defense against mobs.
Electric Fence(500 Blocks): 10 Lihzahrd Power Cells, 500 wires, 100 chains: This one is simple, I swears it. It's a fence, it does the Electrified Debuff on anyone who touches it, and has the same block physics as the Smoke Block. In other words, any mob that walks into the fence will get shocked. Moving On.
B.O.O.M.(Bunnies On Overpowered Minecarts) Cart Rail Gun and Ammo:
B.O.O.M. Rail Gun:
150 Booster Tracks, 100 Wires, 50 Actuators: This cannon has a use time of 10, and the velocity of a High Velocity Bullet. It has the same size as the other cannons due to the Actuators allowing the tracks to be stacked over and over 150 times.
Ammo (B.O.O.M. CART) : 1 Minecart, 3 Explosive Bunnies, 50 Wires, 5 Fireworks (Any Color): This Innovation in minecart technology brings the best of Exploding Bunnies, Explosions, Fireworks and, of course, Minecarts! Dealing a whooping 600 damage per loaded cart, it makes you wonder, that up there in NPC heaven 1000 Demolitionists are nodding their heads in approval to this masterful reworking of Terraria's Fauna, and the unforgiving explosive nature of dynamite. Oh, Iv'e just gotten word that "killing Bunnies is cruel, period" by T.E.T.A. (Terrarians for the Ethical Treatment of Animals). So while I cannot endorse the use of this kind of Cannon Ammunition anymore, I can leave the instructions up for public opinion and "research" on the do's and don'ts of Ethical Bunny Treatment.

So those are the Weapons I could think of as house defense, maybe I'll edit this later with more stuff, idk. If anyone wants to come up or improve any of the concepts for all the stuff I've written down, by all means go ahead, In the mean time I'll just think of more stuff, and come up with decent names for them, like the Ichor Turret could be called the Golden Shower or something, be impressed if a name like that got in the game. Still If you think there's anything I could add, that would help, so thanks for reading.
[DOUBLEPOST=1441155189,1441155074][/DOUBLEPOST]Well I'm impressed.

How come people can type so fast and spell everything correctly? (GASP) maybe they DID THEIR HOMEWORK INSTEAD OF PLAYING TERRARIA. (P.S. :p:p:p I only posted this to annoy you :p:p:p )
[DOUBLEPOST=1441155825,1441155770][/DOUBLEPOST]Maybe I have no idea what I'm talking about... hee hee...
[DOUBLEPOST=1441155894][/DOUBLEPOST]Or they used auto correct... :-Þ

How come people can type so fast and spell everything correctly? (GASP) maybe they DID THEIR HOMEWORK INSTEAD OF PLAYING TERRARIA. (P.S. :p:p:p I only posted this to annoy you :p:p:p )
[DOUBLEPOST=1441155825,1441155770][/DOUBLEPOST]Maybe I have no idea what I'm talking about... hee hee...
[DOUBLEPOST=1441155894][/DOUBLEPOST]Or they used auto correct... :-Þ

If you are going to triple post, at least make it relevant.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom